ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GRRRR Cleanest Willy...GRRRR

Washed and waxed my Willy2 yesterday in preparation for 2moro nights cruise/meet. Knowing the British weather I covered it.

So I looked smugly out of the window at the rain persisting down outside...only to notice the bloody car cover flapping from my front bumper.....The car got soaked so I guess I will have to get out there tomorrow and rewash n wax the bugger .....DOH !

Bill

I used autoglyms extra gloss protection on mine last weekend and left it on for about an hour before buffing...

Its only rained once this week in Manchester and mine got a good soaking... with the gloss protection stuff the water just f*cked off leaving me back to a sweet finish after a quick chamoising....

Have you tried this stuff? I can recommend it.

Yep I get it trade....£30 for 5 litres....only thing is..I Merd it yesterday so looks like i am gonna have plenty of watermarks :(.

I agree its good stuff

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by DanG on 07 March 2003

I used autoglyms extra gloss protection on mine last weekend and left it on for about an hour before buffing...

this stuff? I can recommend it.
According to a product test a couple of weeks ago in Auto Express they only gave AutoGlym 3 blobs whereas Turtle Wax Gloss Guard got 5 blobs and they said that it hasnt been bettered by anything else since 1998. Also at £11.99 AutoGlym is £5.00 more expensive than the Turtle Wax.

Meguiars only got 3 blobs too.

Clio v6

I tried the colour stuff, but all it seemed to do was coat the car in dust then give me something to do for a few hours taking it off. Then I still needed the car waxed afterwards.

I used Colour Magic on the advice of the person I bought my car from - if it worked for him, then it surely would be good enough for me. After about half an hour it was clear that the stuff was sh!t and that it wasnt going to buff off properly.

I threw it straight in the bin and used my old Autoglym Super Resin/Extra Gloss Protection combination and all was fine. It took a couple of coats of the stuff to get it looking perfect, but I think anyone whos seen my car will agree that the shine is pretty good!

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/286000-286999/286766_16_full.jpg