ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT Creations (T5MY G's) Poseidon Traxo Vtr

Ibiza FR
Re: T5MY G's saxo vtr - Recaro pole positions/b8's/carbon/saxsport/stripped!

Love seeing updates on this!! great job

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Thanks for the comments :)

Ben there service is top notch. i think the refurbed axle with saxp's 10% discount was £453 inc vat. That was a fully refurbed exchange beam with a custom paint job on the beam and torsion bars and included fitting/setting up the height. ide defo recommended getting one from them mate!

UPDATEEEE!

Well ive not really been upto much lately with the weather putting a downer on things. Ive had my cage 80% welded all thats left is for him to box section the front mounts (sill to floor pan) Already it feels stiffer so very happy with it. I will get pictures once he has finished.
I have also just recieved today from ggr my vibra tech competion mounts. I got the n/s engine mount (psa312mx) & o/s engine mount (psa302mx) for £125 inc vat. I shall hopefully be fitting them this weekend :A:
DSC01109.jpg

DSC01110.jpg

I will also be coolant flushing the system and refilling the coolant with longlife antifreeze this weekend as i forgot to get a flush last time i drained the system. My clutch is unfortunatly on its way out so i will be replacing it with a valeo kit.
I also have a new venture hopefully starting jan-feb next year so if all go's to plan i will be very tight on money for a few months whilst i set myself up. you will have to bare with the progress for a while ;)

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member

Great car, was reading your thread on sax-p aswell. What's the new plans next year :D?

Iceberg 172

It's cool but (and I've not read everyone's posts) but why a VTR!?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers Arran :D

next years plans will be bigger brakes most likely high specs to fit under the steelies, plastics for preformance polycarbs (thermo'd), fiberglass bonnet and boot with areocatches, Nonsunroof skin fitted and painted. Theres loads i want to do including a 16v conversion with cams, omex, boddies, but its what order things crop up in first. Theres no real order tbh lol its just random. If plans go ahead next year i will have my normal job plus another job on weekends so i will have the potential to earn alot more money. Thus getting quicker and more progress :approve:.

Steve the main reason i got the vtr was the insurance. To get a vts would of put the insurance up another £1k. For 19bhp i really carnt justify spending the extra money. Atm the 8v lighter too! :approve:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!

My vibra mounts are on! :A: very happy with how solid it feels now. There is no engine movement atal.
We did the gearbox one first...
DSC01111.jpg

DSC01112.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

The the engine/ecu mount...
DSC01116.jpg

We had to drill out the 8mm hole too 12mm..
DSC01114.jpg

DSC01117.jpg

And no engine movement :y:...
th_MOV01118.jpg

I also got round to coolant flushing the system...
DSC01119.jpg

I replaced the coolant with longlife antifreeze and water 50/50. Hopefully ill have some more progress towards christmas when i have some money to play with ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Had a chance too clean the car as ive not done it for 2 weeks :wall: it was pretty s**t up....
DSC01120.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

And after :)....
DSC01128.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01130.jpg

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

Im going to be getting some slim ballast 6k h7 h.i.d's hopefully for next week aswell

225 Cup & Williams

Coming along nicely now. Is there much more to do to it?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

s**t loads to be honest Steve! Once i get this unit sorted out and the costs sorted then i can start spending more on her. Me & a mate are starting alittle venture together. I will be spraying alloys, detailling & paint correction etc and my mate will be more on the general mechanics side of it. It will mainly be just on the weekends as we both have full time jobs but if the buisness grows and if we can make it a full time occupation, i hope we can. Eventually we will also buy & sell cars. It will be called GT Creations soo watch this space ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!

At the mo i have a 1.4 furio box with a stupidly long final drive. When i have a few sprints against other cars i can keep up with most until i have to change to 5th which sort of bogs down the revs/power. The max ive had out of it 125mph and i think the 1.4 furio gearboxs final drive limits around the 140mph mark. Obviously i don't need it that wide which is why i have literally just paid for a cb90 rallye gearbox from a member on 106 rallye reg. I'm hoping the shorter ratio's will make a difference especially 5th. I know it will limit at around 115-120mph but i dont need it too go much quicker ide rather have acceleration than a top end you rarely do. I will be ordering a valeo clutch kit before it gets fitted along with some new driveshaft seals as i forgot to fit them when i fitted the new shafts. I will also be getting some rose jointed gear links as i think my standard ones are on there way out so may aswell upgrade
smiley17.gif
. Hopefully in the new year ill get a chance to pop over to custom cages for some additional tubing and gussets.

Iv'e also just got my h.i.d's from saxo_67 (saxp) today. I got the h7 6k's to go into the outer optics on the morettes....
DSC01133.jpg

DSC01134.jpg

Should hopefully get them fitted this weekend and ill be able to see were im going at night lol.

I will keep the progress updated!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Shed <3

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

This new business venture sounds very interesting. I will def be over with my car in the new year (if its back on the road). Needs a lot doing and if I can drop it off at the weekends and leave it with you that would be excellent.

p.s. the car is coming along nicely as well!

CBR1K, F21 125D

Take those stupid bonnet lifters off, its only causing drag and incorrect airflow in your bay.

Other than that, looks a nice little run about.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

<3 you!

This new business venture sounds very interesting. I will def be over with my car in the new year (if its back on the road). Needs a lot doing and if I can drop it off at the weekends and leave it with you that would be excellent.

p.s. the car is coming along nicely as well!

Uright Will, look time no speak. hows the new job going? Yer once im set up mate bring her over to the unit and i can do it one weekend for you. As soon as were up and running ill give you a pm mate.

Take those stupid bonnet lifters off, its only causing drag and incorrect airflow in your bay.

Other than that, looks a nice little run about.

No! :rasp:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

BIG UPDATEEEEE!
I've fitted my hid's. They've made such a difference.
Before....
DSC01135.jpg

After...
DSC01136.jpg

Left bulb/Right hid...
DSC01138.jpg

The rallye box i got turned out not to be a rallye box so the chap is refunding my money. :y:

I have just got a mk2 1990 golf gti 1.8 8v in black. I plan as using this as a daily but i will be moddifing it also. The saxo will be coming of the road by the end of the month and the proper work will start when i get the unit. I will start a new progress thread for the golf as i do plan to do alot with it. But don't worry i wont forget about the saxo. The saxo will be able to get alot more attention once its off the road. I will keep the thread updated with all progress but she will be hibernating for alittle while.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Re: GT Creations (T5MY G's) Poseidon Traxo Vtr - (Going Into Hibernation!!!)

Congratz it still a shed ;)

Get a GTi/VTS engine in it!

Much love x

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEEEEEE!

I managed to get some quick pics of the new golf in the rain and looking sorry for its self. The bonnets not shut and the front bumpers not fixed properley....
DSC01140.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01141.jpg

Shes a 91 8v gti. The shell is mint for its age but the paintwork needs a good detail too bring up the black again. I got the car with a blown head so im going to pick up another 8v lump tomorow. The engines going too have the headgasket replaced and have the cambelt/waterpump etc etc done. Ive got everything ready to go to get the engine mint. Iv'e also got a new clutch for it. The plans are basicilly oem+ but this will be my daily so it has to stay reliable for the time being. I will start a new progress thread for the golf tomorow when i take pics of all the parts ive just got for her as well as the work.

I also got a quick pic of the sax ;)...
DSC01144.jpg

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

i hated my old rallye box the ratios were mega small and would be at like 5k at 70mph it was daft if my 16v wasnt a daily id stick one in would be immense but to live with day to day feck that lol

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEEEE!

Right, basically i refurbed the engine on the golf and spent a fair bit of time getting it up to scratch. 600 miles later and the head gave way due to a fracture on the head from previous overheating. I have now sold the golf to the chap i bought it from. Which means i now have a bit of spending money :rasp:

Iv'e had a Spoox 25.4mm rear antiroll bar fitted. The difference is immense, well worth the money and has tightend the rear end. Unfortunatly i didnt have my cam on me so no pics of the bar :( I also recived my limited edition omp upper & lower strut braces in antracite. I've only fitted the front but its made the front end alittle stiffer...
DSC01271.jpg

DSC01273.jpg

I also recived my vibra wishbone mounts...
DSC01272.jpg

Iv'e also placed an order with Spoox for some front polycarbs with sliders so hopefully they will be here for the weekend. The car is also booked in at Spoox for next wensday to have some of the roll cage finished off so once iv'e fitted the above ill post pics and hopefully they will have made a slight improvement.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Will this ever see a track ffs?

Wasting ur time tbh, its still a VTR... :rasp:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

lol, i need to upgrade the brakes big time first. They brake fade quite bad under heavy braking and the back end flings out because the standard valve is fooked! I'm getting a willwood brake bias valve so i can adjust the brakes untill im happy with them. The chap im buying the valve off is also supplying the braided lines so i can run it inside the car. I also need a new release bearing soonish so ill get a new clutch kit and source a cb90 rallye s1 box and have rose jointed gear links all done at the same time. Ideally i want to start end of april as i should have all the above done by then.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Still a shed ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!
Just got back from Spoox. Iv'e had some welding done on the cage. They have box sectioned the front legs and the b pillar legs as the b pillar legs were shocking before. They look alot better now Daz has sorted them out. He also Welded strenthening plates underneath, for the b pillar legs. The vibrations in the car has increased so the cage is obviously stifer. While i was there i got them to fit the vibra wishbone mounts and the lower strut brace. I havn't had a chance to test them out yet but hopefully they will of made a difference.

Front leg box section (grey stuff is seam sealant to prevent rust obviously it needs sanding over & painting over)..
DSC01284.jpg

B pillar leg..
DSC01285.jpg

The omp lower strut brace fitted & vibra wishbone mount..
DSC01288.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

I also managed to tidy up the cb99 box. The box is now at Spoox so they can strip it down and inspect it.
Before....
DSC01281.jpg

After....
DSC01283.jpg

I only gave it a quick coat (brushed on) but it looks alittle better than before. I got a valeo clutch kit aswell for when the box gets fitted...
DSC01282.jpg

There wont be any progress really until i get the front polycarbs from Spoox hopefully friday time.

mk2 ph1 1.4 S

foook me you have spent a bloody fortune on this!

good read tho

Disastra Coupe

Looking good this is. Every time i look at Saxo's i miss mine. Such fun car's!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Thanks for the comments :D

I have lots planned for this year its just when funds permitt. March's pay day is going to pay for the box to get fitted with the rose jointed gear links. April's pay day i should have a lot more money to spend so hopefully ill be able to get a race battery relocated into the passanger footwell and braided brake lines for the whole car with a wilwood bias valve. The roundabouts were fun on the way to work this morning :D The car takes corners so well at the moment and with a lot more speed than before. It also dosent feel like its on the edge all the time waiting for the back end to suddenly fling out.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Went to gumley road on the weekend for a few pics with a couple of mates. One had a clio 182 and the other a corsa sri 1.8. Awesome road for abit of fun and the scenery is amazing, you can see for miles.
DSC01298.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

And just to show how beautiful this place is we found this…
DSC01310.jpg

Safe sex ftw!

I have some video's which ill upload later aswell.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Blaming other people for ur actions will never work tommy, pick up ur condoms..

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Lol Tunst. Gumley road is the new lovers lane. Nice scenery to get you end away tbf.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Is that Rich Treen's old 182?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Did the Corsa driver forget to wear trousers?

Saxo's looking great mate, bet it's a hoot to drive!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Im not too sure Gally, it recently got featured for a buying guide for the 182's at rockingham. He's put his private plate on thou so i dont know the original reg.

Cheers Luke, it does put a smile on face. I love the rawness of it. I've just collected my polycarbs from spoox so they will defo be fitted for the weekend. My mate dropped his troussers for lol's.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Went to Eibach on sunday for a car wash session with some mates. Took some pics...

Before the wash...
DSC01315.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

And after...
DSC01319.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01318.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01322.jpg

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01328.jpg

You will of noticed i have fitted my spoox polycarbs. I saved 4.450kg's by swapping the polycarbs for the standard glass and removing the reg and motor. I am taking the polycarbs back thou for a refund, all will be explained shortly. I had a nice conversation with chris at temple rally and im getting the polycarbs from him aswell as the rose jointed gear link kit. The box is hopefully going to get started by the start of next week. 1st and 2nd have worn and the syncro. Reverse also needs changing. I will also be changing the crown wheel and pinion to a cb90 s1 rallye. so the box will be exactly the same ratio as the cb90 which is what i wanted in the first place. I will update on the 28th (pay day) ;)

2.2 bar shed.
Eurgh, having had experience with the gearbox thats in these I can safely say im glad to see the back of them. Syncro for 2nd shitting out on me resulted in some fantastic stuff.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I know what you mean Sam they are s**t.

UPDATE!!!

I've managed to get alittle cash together and ive spoke to ilkestone autocare (mandyslover) and have got the car booked in for a vts conversion on the 4th. I'm on the hunt for a 4-1 manifold and a set of 708/ph3 cams. I honestly cannot wait for the extra power. It should be 40-50bhp more than what i have now so will be a big increase. I'll update as soon as i get the car back hopefully on the 6th. :p

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
UPDATE!!!!!

Right ive finally managed to get some time to update the thread.
I had the car booked in to finally get a 16v conversion. Ilkestone autocare had a donor car so i had the engine out of that. The miliage on the donor car was 72,000 so a decent miliage engine. I also had the
Heres the parts i gave to ilkestone autocare for the conversion...
DSC01333.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

DSC01331.jpg

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01338.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01335.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

DSC01334.jpg

DSC01282-1.jpg

I gave him a piper 4-1 manifold, nissens radiator and twin fan setup which i got from Ali. I only have a picture of the manifold..
DSC01346.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

I've done about 500 miles on the engine now and its running spot on. The idle is alittle lumpy sounding so it may have a mild cam. I had a few litle hick ups with the car stalling and overfuelling and smelling rich. We had the coil pack changed, idle control valve and the ect sensor and it has sorted it:y:
When i got back i fitted the silicon hose and the breather. It went from..
DSC01365.jpg

To this..
DSC01366.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

Picture of the twin fan setup (Cheers Ali)
DSC01352.jpg

It is much quicker now and im glad i chose to go 16v. The noise is now alot louder and it sounds gorgous.
I cleaned the bmc filter out. Before..
DSC01355.jpg

After re-oiled..
DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

Whilst the filter was off i cleaned the throttle bodie. Before..
DSC01353.jpg

After..
DSC01354.jpg

I also got some gear selector parts as i had movement left and right. I got a new roll pin from Citroen. I also got the long rod and lever from Citroen as mine have seen better days. I also got some Kamracing gear linkages so it should be alot stiffer...
DSC01364.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

I also have a matt black sunstrip ready to go on..
DSC01375.jpg

Thats it for now :y: