ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT Creations (T5MY G's) Poseidon Traxo Vtr

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: T5MY G's saxo vtr - Recaro pole positions/b8's/carbon/saxsport/stripped!

UPDATEEEE!
I have some more goodies :)....
Genuine rocker cover gasket, oil cap and sump bung washer..
DSC00767.jpg

Mobil super s 10w/40 5ltr oil, Stp engine flush and vx100 fuel additive..
DSC00769.jpg

Ufi oil filter, Bosch fuel filter and Bosch super 4 spark plugs..
DSC00770.jpg

Snr front wheel bearing kits..
DSC00771.jpg

Lemforder wishbones complete..
DSC00768.jpg

I also had a little detailing session.
Before..
DSC00772.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

DSC00773.jpg

DSC00774.jpg

After..
DSC00778.jpg

DSC00782.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00781.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Love it

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers guys :) Ive got 2 c5 steelies coming from citroen on tuesday with bolts, so ill be spraying them white and getting the new t1r's on. I will be getting the other 2 steelies end of oct as funds will permit lol. I will also be getting a set of faulkner 35mm 155lbs springs to go with the b8's and highering the torsion bar to suit. Ive got my m.o.t, tax and insurance renual coming up at the end of sept so im going to be skint until end of october so bare with me on the updates ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Good to see the green mirrors are still there! ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Yer there staying oli lol!

UPDATEE!
I have just recieved my 2 c5 steelies (other 2 will be ordered soon) today and 8 tappered bolts! There stupidly light weighing in at 4.720kg's each. I will be hopefully spraying them tomorow night when im back from work in gloss white. Iv'e also got some berlingo centre caps coming from citroen on thursday so ill post pics of them aswell...
DSC00784.jpg

DSC00783.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

The part no.s for the c5 steelies are 5401.L7
The part no.s for the c5 steel wheel bolts are 5405.72
I will update with pics once i finished spraying them ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!
I ordered some white tow stickers from ebay the other day and they have arrived :) 135mm x 35mm...
DSC00789.jpg

My berlingo caps turned up from citroen aswell...
DSC00791.jpg

Im now going to get some kawasaki lime green mixed up in a small pot to brush over the silver citroen badge and the circle surround.
I went to halfords the other night and got a trade account setup and got some paint for the steelies. I got white primer and Vauxhall glacier white with some prep wipes. (Already have sand paper and laquer)...
DSC00788.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

For all my hard graft at work i was given this today with £100 bonus coming in the next week. :p
DSC00792.jpg

S4 Avant

Well at least there's a roll cage in this saxo.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Thanks Dave lol!

UPDATEE!
Managed to get my tow stickers fitted today as it finally stopped raining. (Excuse the dirtyness)...
DSC00794.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

Ill update tomorow with better pics!
I went to graham goodes on the way home to get a k&n breather filter as the one that came with the car has seen better days. I also recieved my other omp fia threaded harness plate from ybracing...
DSC00795.jpg

Im getting the cage welded tomorow and the harness plate so ill update with pics tomorow! :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!
Ive started spraying my steelies. I've sanded them down with 1200 wet & dry and wiped them over with the prep wipes..
DSC00803.jpg

I then applied 4 coats of white primer..
DSC00804.jpg

Just waiting for the primer to harden and set before i 1200 wet and dry them. Hopefully if it stops raining ill be able to get the glacier white on today :).
I also went to halfords to get a mini paint pot mixed in piaggio ponk green (same as the mirrors) for the centre caps. Whilst i was there i got some rain-x anti mist for the windscreen as with having no heater it steams up alot so hopefully this might prevent it :)..
DSC00796.jpg

I went to my mates unit yesterday with the intention of having the cage fully welded but he didnt have alot of time so i got him to tack weld it (temp) so it stop rattiling. I also got him to weld my harness plate for the passenger side..
DSC00797.jpg

I will update later if i get round to adding the glacier white and laquer.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!!
The weather finally managed to blow over so i got cracking spraying the glacier white. I did 3 coats and it looked spot on and covered very well. I then laquered them with 2 generous coats and they were finished. Very happy with them with no reactions, runs or imperfections in the paint..
DSC00807.jpg

I'll get cracking with the fronts tomorow! :)
I got the missus to do the centre caps and im very happy with how they've turned out.
Before (with 1200 sanded down cevrons and circle surround) ..
DSC00809.jpg

After..
DSC00811.jpg

I also took my fogs out finally so more weight shed :p..
DSC00806.jpg

I will update tomorow with finished pictures of the fronts of the steelies. Hope you like? ;)

Ibiza FR

Are you flipping the steelies then? is there enough clearance for the brakes or is that just a picture of the inside sprayed?

This is turning into a great(er) project! If you ever want to sell the seats i'll be happy to take first dibs... :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

lol its the inside of the wheel ive sprayed first. The front/faces of the wheels are getting done tomorow. Can see how they look like banded steels thou.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

This is turning into a great(er) project! If you ever want to sell the seats i'll be happy to take first dibs... :)

Great(er) project, i like that! :) Cheers Mikey, i like this project more than the clio. If i sell the seats ill let you know lol.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEE!!!
Managed to get the faces done on my steelies so there both finished now and im very happy with the results. Just need to get my T1-R's fitted and i can get them on. I'm going to be flatting them down with 2000 and polishing them back up to get a perfectly smooth finish on them..
DSC00813.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

My mate Josh J kindly gave me a hand with the service bits i needed doing.
DSC00814.jpg

The thumbs up service ;)
I had a leak from the rocker cover and the breather filter was spitting oil out..
DSC00815.jpg

DSC00816.jpg

DSC00817.jpg

So firstly the stp engine flush after the car had been on idle for 15 mins..
DSC00818.jpg

Next was draining the oil..
DSC00819.jpg

Whilst it was draining the spark plugs were changed.
Before (NGK R's)..
DSC00822.jpg

After (Bosch super 4's)..
DSC00823.jpg

Once they were changed we took the rocker cover off and replaced the rocker gasket..
DSC00824.jpg

We then took the old oil filter off and replaced it with a new shiny one..
DSC00829.jpg

The sump plug was refitted with a new dowty washer..
DSC00821.jpg

The mobil super s 10w/40 was then added 3.5ltr's..
DSC00830.jpg

We then changed the breather filter as the old one had split with a new shiny k&n one..
DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

A new oil cap was fitted..
DSC00825.jpg

And viola..
DSC00831.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

I will be doing the fuel filter along with the fuel line and fuel additive next weekend as it was getting late.

Audi TT 3.2

Brilliant Tom! Them steelies look great, trade account at halfrauds now ay ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers george, halfords trade card ftw!

Thanks Neil!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!
Got my tyres fitted to my steelies! i trial fitted them on with the centre caps and i carnt wait to get them on now...
DSC00834.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

There so much lighter than the vts wheels so hopefully i feel the improvement.
I also got round to fitting my fuel filter and fuel line..
DSC00833.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

I was going to spray the wiper arms matt black today as the original paint has started to peel off but it started raining :( I nipped to halfords to get some more lime green mixed up so i can spray my rear tow eye. I will try and update tomorow if the weathers good. :y:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Steelies look immense!! :cool:

Loving this car, mate! :D

BMW E36 328

Love the wheels, this has got to be one one of the best/ if not the best saxo's/projects i have ever seen. Good effort

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

why did you use engine flush?? its the most pointless waste of time and all it does is thin down your new oil as there is no way you got it all out the engine...

Rb 182

Really really like this, steels look awesome.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Looks great mate.

Really like this car :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers for the comments :)

UPDATEE!
Got my springs from John at GMC. I got the 40mm 180lbs ish springs to go with my b8's. Cannot wait to get these on, there going to make such a differnce to the shity chopped ones i have on now (I didnt chop them, previous owner/s did)....
DSC00844.jpg

I will also be attempting to raise the torsion bar over the weekend with my mate so i will keep this updated with thumbs up pics :p

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Looks better than your clio i suppose.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Love it!

The steel wheels look awesome! Like a modern Rallye.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Excellent work mate! Love the steelies.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEE!
I got cracking stripping and tidying the wiring. I had temp cable tied the wiring up but hadnt stripped any of the unused wiring. This pics with fuse/relay box unbolted and a few cable ties snipped..
DSC00845.jpg

I did the back of the car first and snipped the rear interior lamp wires and insulation taped the wiring..
DSC00846.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

I then removed more wiring/plugs from the rear quarters but have still got to insulate tape the wiring..
DSC00848.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

I then removed some of the wiring/plugs from the dash area and insualte taped so of the wiring (still not cable tied or insulation taped as im working on it tommorow)...
DSC00853.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00854.jpg

Im going to be cracking on tomorow with it to get the centre/rear of the car finished. I carnt fully finish the dash area until i take the heater matrix out but ill have to get some piping to join the 2 coolant hoses together. My car is also crying out for an inner respray :(!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

dont use insulating tape around the loom... buy dedicated loom tape... its not sticky but sticks to it self.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

The tape ive got costs next to nothing and it makes it look neater. Plus ive already done half of it in the tape now. The only reason why im using it is so there isnt any wires showing :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Steelies are v. light & look nice, but for track work they dont let the heat out very well ... hence why i didnt use them :) Just in case you werent aware ...

TTRS & V50

Woah, you have been driving around with chopped springs. Jee'z.

Progress has come on very very well indeed.

Tip for the torsion bar, use some coke on it, cause it's bound to be seized ter'fcuk.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

This is turning into a posh version of mine! Looking great so far!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Steelies are v. light & look nice, but for track work they dont let the heat out very well ... hence why i didnt use them :) Just in case you werent aware ...

I can imagine there abit poo for letting heat out but there lightness makes up for it ;)
Im going down to maplins to get 2 speaker ports and im going to mount the in the arch liner so the cold air from the fog light holes goes straight threw to the brakes.

Woah, you have been driving around with chopped springs. Jee'z.

Progress has come on very very well indeed.

Tip for the torsion bar, use some coke on it, cause it's bound to be seized ter'fcuk.

I know :( its made me hate the car but this weekend will transform the car big time. Thanks for the tip on the torsion bar i will give that a go ;)

This is turning into a posh version of mine! Looking great so far!

Lol cheers mate.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEE!
Got cracking again stripping the wiring but made abit of a boo boo yesterday.:oops: I had to get up early this morning as im on shift (4.45am) started the car up and flicked the headlights on and noticed the speedo light didnt come on. I looked closer and the mph gauge and the rev counter aswell as the coolant level and fuel gauge wernt working. With it being that early in the morning i had no time to sort it out so i had a fun drive to and from work. The fault was i didnt re connect the 3 thin wired earths :wall:.
Sooooo when i got back from work i got rid of some more wires :)
DSC00855.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

Just got to finish off taping the wires but i got some p-clips from work to make the wiring nice and tidy :) Hopefully if i get round to taking the heater matrix out i can get the wiring finished and looking smart.
DSC00857.jpg

I got a guy at work to make me a 8mm bit for the slide hammer using an 8mm bolt and a welded on washer. The slide hammer at work is suppost to be a beast so hopefully will make mince meat out of the torsion bars.
DSC00858.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers Rob!

UPDATEE!
Today hasnt been very constructive but still progress :p
Me and my mate josh started on removing the heater box/matrix.
Before..
DSC00859.jpg

During..
DSC00861.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

DSC00862.jpg

Thumbs up grinding ftw
DSC00863.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00866.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

DSC00867.jpg

And the end product (yet to be weighed ;))
DSC00873.jpg

Whe obviously drained the coolant before and topped it back up with..
DSC00860.jpg

We then started grinding the threaded fixings off..
DSC00869.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00875.jpg

Most of them have all been grinded off as they were doing nothing anyway. Hopefully if the weathers good tomorow i will have a big update ;)