ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT Creations (T5MY G's) Poseidon Traxo Vtr

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Cheers Dave, it does feel totally different. Much quicker and i can now take on alot quicker cars than before.

Tunst, i havnt been on in ages. I'll be on soon thou so ill catch up with you.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Lol its not definitley up for sale. Its just if something interesting comes along. I'm still spending money on it and i'f i still have it when a track day crops up i will take it. I need to upgrade the brakes to gti/vts brakes upfront and make some brake ducts as the front are getting hot under the steelies.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
The car has now been taken off for sale. I was in one of those silly moods.

Ive fitted the sunstrip and it looks loads better. It blocks out quite abit of the sun aswell so win!

I'm going to the bolton abbey meet on sunday so ill have some piccy's ;) Should be a fun drive on the convoy up.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Will do mate. I need to upgrade the brake setup thou asap. I will be getting new discs, pads, better brake fluid and braided lines very soon.

I may also be getting a job very soon at a Citroen dealership so ill get cost price on parts :rasp: All of my wages would be staff sales :D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Managed to get a quick pic of the sunstrip and a quick interior shot...
DSC01376.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

Going to give the car a really good clean tomorow ready for bolton abbey :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
UPDATEEEEE!!!!
Well i met lee and josh at j22 and convoy'd up to bolton abbey but on the way my alternator belt snapped in harrogate. I was sooo angry, it took the rac 5 hours to get a belt fitted by which time it wastoo late to go and everyone was leaving soo a wasted jorney.:(
DSC01382.jpg

What caused the belt to go was play in the tensioner and the crank pulley rubber had perished. So it was an excuse to upgrade. I got the kam racing crank/alt pulley set. I saved 1.190kg of unsprung weight :y: I also got a new tensioner from Citroen. Heres some pics..
DSC01396.jpg

DSC01397.jpg

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01395.jpg

DSC01392.jpg

DSC01393.jpg

DSC01389.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01406.jpg

I also got some heat wrap and some stainless ties...
DSC01409.jpg

DSC01408.jpg

I got some more silvervision bulbs for the side repeators and rear indicators. I also got some numberplate led (xenon colour) bulbs...
DSC01407.jpg

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01391.jpg

DSC01410.jpg

DSC01411.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

Unfortunatly my input shaft bearings have decided to go and the diff bearing so thats being done next wensday. heres a pic of the diff bearing and 1 input bearing (others on order)..
DSC01422.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

Because of the above ive got some new gen diff seals and gearbox oil..
DSC01421.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I got a jp4 rocker setup :) All new from citroen with new bolts...
DSC01430.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

I also got some new timing covers as mine are alittle warped and look s**t. Got new bolts aswell for the timing cover and the coil pack as there was about 3 types of different bolts on :wall:...
DSC01413.jpg

DSC01424.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

DSC01425.jpg

Coil pack blts fitted...
DSC01426.jpg

The breather hose, ive removed the airbox hose and vacum hose for the throttleboddie. I'm going to use the breather filter ive got on at the mo, on the silicon hose and im going to graham goodes to get a vacum hose in blue tomorow so all being well ill have the rocker setup on tomorow. I carn't wait, its going to tidy the engine bay up loads and no more ghey rocker oil leaks from s**t sealant..
DSC01429.jpg

I'll hopefully have an update for tomorow ;)

Big 'T'
I have just read all of this. Wow makes my old saxo sound like a shopping trolly.

Would love to see this. Good work

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: My new saxo vtr

The car is now for sale. A friend local too me has put his glanza up for sale and I really want too go turbo so the Saxo is up for sale to raise the funds. Ive spent a he'll of alot of money on this and am happy with where I've got it but I want a change.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Cheers mate, I'm still in 2 minds wether or not too sell but if the offer comes along I will take it. If not I'll keep spending on her lol

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
UPDATE!!!!!!!

Right seeing as ive got a day off work ive finally got a chance to do an update. The reason ive not had a chance to update the thread in ages is because i now work for Citroen (Bristol Street Leicester)

Right..
Blue silicone hose i got from graham goodes for the breather..
DSC01431.jpg

During fitting the covers..
DSC01435.jpg

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01442.jpg

DSC01446.jpg

Unfortunatly even with the solid mounts the brace vibrated on the cover at 4k so ive had to take it off but im going to get strut top plates welded on then i can put the brace back on..
DSC01443.jpg

Next up, the inlet cover bolts were rusty and looked shite so i replaced them with nice shiny new ones..
DSC01434.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

I was missing a few side skirt clips..
DSC01432.jpg

I was also missing the clip for the rear bumper..
DSC01433.jpg

DSC01439.jpg

DSC01441.jpg

I also found out why the gear linkages were cut. Some fool had put the wrong gearbox bracket on with the ball on which means they had to shorten the linkages. So its been replaced with the proper bracket and the kam racing linkages now work spot on.
DSC01455.jpg

This takes me upto french car show. I will update again in 2 secs due to size.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
At french car show i went with Macca (White Vts)...
DSC01467.jpg

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

DSC01476.jpg

Really did think this year was crap i left at 12 as i was piss bored. Been going 6 years now and its just getting boring. Much preffered it at brunters.
After french car show i went too pug1off to have an Oil change and too fit my cam covers as the ones i was given were warped and were rubbing on the pulley.

I went for Fuchs Titan super syn 5w/40..
DSC01480.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

Pics of the cam covers fitted..
DSC01482.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

Matt also re-timed it so now its spot on. Carnt recommend pug1off enough. The are by far the best garage ive used by terms of quality of work. If i keep the saxo i will be using there services again.

One of my driveshafts failed on the joint (Gearbox end) so its had a new shaft under warranty which Lee_vtr fitted. Cheers Buddy :y:

Me and Macca went for a drive and took some pics...
DSC01485.jpg

DSC01484.jpg

DSC01486.jpg

DSC01487.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01497.jpg

We then took some fly-by vid's for the noise!..

Mine (Click)..
th_MOV01492.jpg

Macca's (Click)..
th_MOV01493.jpg

A quick vid of mine and the missus's frp! love the noise of the frp (Click)..
th_MOV01350.jpg

I went and collected some black comp mo's which ive always wanted. I think there a gorgous looking wheel and when they came up for sale i couldn't resist..
DSC01501.jpg

DSC01502.jpg

DSC01507.jpg

DSC01506.jpg

I will get some better pics as it dosent show how good they look on.

I evently found some optic morrettes for sale which were brand new never fitted in a box for a bargain price. All ive used from them is the optic to replace the smashed one i had on the drivers side. I'm keeping the rest for spares incase anything else gets broken...
DSC01503.jpg

DSC01504.jpg

DSC01505.jpg

I've litrally just had my trax tickets posted through :y:
DSC01514.jpg

And that currently bring me up to date.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Once a shed always a shed... I waited by your car for ages at FCS and you just never came :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
This went a while ago.. He had a TT, sold that and bought a 172 Cup

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Awesome! I want a VTS so bad but good examples are hard to come by in NI