ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gutted - bloody teething problems

Clio 172PH2

Only had my clio 182 just under a month and already its been taken to the garage - this timem for over a weeks stay as the part needed has to be importted (lol can u beleive it) from france!!

Power steering was making loud grinding noise turned out a pipe failed and split so iv gotta wait till another pipe is imported! I arrived at my local dealership at 1120am was told about the prob at 12 still there at 1540 no courtesy cars available - i eventually got a mind numbingly slow and sh*te clio 1.2rt 5 door or somethin--GUTTED.

Im rather PiS*ed off i mean why the hell cant renault stock up all the parts in the uk - that way i wouldnt be in this prediciment and every1 would be happy.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Doh, not a very good performance.

Its prolly a common part,so like you say, why not hold it in the UK?

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5c, Audi A2 FSI

Renault dont seem to stock up on anything. Like touch up paint for example.

Frankly, be gratefull that you got a courtesy cars.

They ususally fob you of with a hire car, which then you have to pay for after 3days.

Oh and dont beleve the fact that they dont have it in the country. I was told id have to wait 2weeks for a Brake servo to come over from France. I created hell on earth both in Customer Services and the dealer.................... Low and behold the part turned up the next day. :D

Nippy white cup

This is a huge problem m8. I have heard of many peoples powersteering going (mine has gone twice..CB1As has gone three times!!!) Timos was fixed a week b4 York...Turned up paid for racing and as he got back in his car it went again!! Rich Ds was leaking from day one and Im sure there are many more about with the same prob...something should be done but as usually Renault have the blinkers on

Chris

Clio 172PH2

im disappointed to be honest - still love my car just cant beleive iv only had it 3weeks n its in the bloody garage, played hell on the phone today so if it aint sorted soon there will be trouble, didnt buy a brand new car to be driving a heap of sh*te,that nearly got overtaken by a milk float.

Just hoping this isnt the start of things to come....

don't

rag this sh!t outa the stupid 1.2, put that handbrake 2 gd use and take ur aggression out on it

anyway any news on situation or u just plodding along nice and slowly

Clio 172PH2

yeh lol raggin it and it still dont go anywhere still without my 182 phoned customer care earlier they said they would intervene should it take longer than the estimated 6days the dealers told me.GREAT!

So just spinning in this crazy 1.2 for now - wahoo!

SIGH......

Quote: Originally posted by roadrunner_182 on 16 July 2004

yeh lol raggin it and it still dont go anywhere still without my 182 phoned customer care earlier they said they would intervene should it take longer than the estimated 6days the dealers told me.GREAT!

So just spinning in this crazy 1.2 for now - wahoo!

SIGH......
Hope the dealer explained to you that the courtesy car has an insurance excess on it that you WILL be expected to pay if their car is returned damaged in any way. Ask toms_cup ......he bent the dealers courtesy car on their forcourt when he was taking it back to them.......could prove to be an expensive 6 days if you dont take care of their property.:)