ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harphamominom's Ph1 Project - sunflower content p12 onwards

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Haven't been on here for a while, it's nice to see such a nice Ph1.

Can't help but think it deserves PH2 rear lights though... lol jk

Keep it up pal!

Cheers matey. Photos hide all the chips and things :rasp:. I do properly love this car though!

Oh and can people stop mentioning Ph2 lights, thanking you please. Not happening. LOL

I've just bit the bullet and ordered the PI springs. Voucher runs out tomorrow it seemed, so redeemed it and got them pretty cheap. We'll see what they're like. I'm sure they'll be fine for my needs! Can't wait to get some subtle lows though.

You will regret the pi springs!

How about tinted red ph2 lights? So they are all red but got the clearer look? That way if they look good on yours I can carry and do it to lie without risking it looking s**t ;)

Hi

437991e3.jpg

5233d746.jpg

Just arrived. We'll see what they're like once fitted. Hopefully, ill be able to get them fitted on Sunday, if not sooner, and I hope, even more so, that they're alright LOL. :)

Last edited:
  Sunflower Ph1 172
I think the people who have met me can back me up on this, but yeah, I should never ever attempt to do anything that is "mechanically" based on a car. It can only end in disaster.

I'm the same.. it must be a gey yellow car owning thing.

The jobs I can do tends to take me 2-3 times longer than anyone else. I'd like to say I'm thorough, but I'm not.

Nahh, it's just a r****d thing. I've owned 6 cars. 1 has been yellow. I'm still a r****d LOL.

I may just be able to manage fitting the rears without killing myself/anyone or ruining the car. Although, id need someone to check everything afterwards to ensure that they we're fitted right.
No chance id even try fitting the fronts. It'd only end one way.

In total costs £30 per wheel, if you want tyres removing, refitting and balancing. (£20 per wheel, if tyre removal/refit isn't required)

My bill came to £110, as I didn't have 2 tyres put back on.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
How about tinted red ph2 lights? So they are all red but got the clearer look? That way if they look good on yours I can carry and do it to lie without risking it looking s**t ;)

Done this on my iceberg ph1, Just stick with the standard lights, Look better lol.

Pics or it never happend etc.

IMG_2315.jpg

P.s When you Coming to scotland to detail my swirly yellow car?

Last edited:
Went out to play with Sym0n this morning.
314096_846362852124_1928833637_n.jpg

Still got to fit my springs. Just waiting for a day when both my dad and I are available for a few hours to get them on. I'm itching to get them on. The height difference between mine and Sym0n's car was ridiculous. Proper tractor stance.

Last edited:

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
deffo nothing to do with owning a sun flower as I changed drive shafts, fitted coilovers, 4 pots and polo rad! :D

CBR1000RR Fireblade
So you went for the PI's in the end.

Are you and your dad fitting the fronts and rears or just the rears Paul ?

Be sure to report how they ride and your thoughts the PI springs.

No More Trat'or Stance

Car is now lowered on the PI springs.

Taken it out for a couple of miles to make sure everything was fine. First impressions are that they aren't too bad for the price. They do feel quite bouncy for lowered springs, but this isn't something that i'm bothered about.
Looks wise, atm they look pretty decent. Lowered it just about the right amount for what I wanted (25mm on the box), but I guess they'll get slightly lower as they bed in, which won't be a bad thing.

EDIT: To compare, they feel nowhere near as hard as Syn0b's set up on his Ph1 (think he's got Sportlines + Koni Shocks?? May be wrong).

Ill update once i've done some proper driving in it.

No pics yet. I'm being as ASW, like Spinksy, and waiting for CSS to "showcase" my car :rasp:. Plus, it's dirty as f**k and I cannae be bothered to get the DSLR out for some decent photos.

I also ordered some new headlight bulbs this morning, seeing as one blown about 6 weeks ago. Thought id better sort that out, as the day after CSS, ill be driving down to Devon for the week, so don't really want to roll without a headlight.

Last edited:
Couple Bits

Just had a couple of bits arrive for me in the post this morning, just in time for CSS... One of them being some cheapo headlight replacement bulbs. I can imagine that they're going to look terrible, as they we're cheap LOL.
cdfa5905.jpg

Is it wrong that since lowering the car, I now feel the need to also fit spacers all round?!!