ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here we go... 172 problems!

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

Having had 3 months trouble free motoring I made the fatal mistake of relaxing into the thought that my 172 was a pearler... now within 24 hours Ive got 3 problems:

External temperature gauge reading 38 deg C
Windscreen demist button takes climate control off AUTO but doesnt blast the fans as normal
Knocking noise from drivers side rear corner when going over bumps
I have a theory; the other day some tw4t knocked my passenger mirror; is this where the temp sensor is? If so then that explains the first one but could it be a cable or something simple?

Does the climate control work on a differential between actual external and required internal temperatures? If so then again this is an easy explanation.

As for the knocking, I just hope its nothing to do with my rear OMP strut brace... :(

Any ideas please..? Also, can anyone recommend Tates of Hollingburt, Brighton for import friendly service..?!

Renault Laguna Coupe

I think the demister should blast the windows regardless of the inside / outside temperatures. The outside temperature sensor will be a simple problem - dodgy sensor or connection. Dealer should be able to sort both of these out no problem. Knocks, squeaks rattles etc are a sod for dealers to sort out though. Best of luck with that one!

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by Batesyboy on 16 January 2003

External temperature gauge reading 38 deg C
Windscreen demist button takes climate control off AUTO but doesnt blast the fans as normal
Knocking noise from drivers side rear corner when going over bumps
My external temporature always thinks its in Hawaii! :confused:

Knocking noises!-you bought a Renault-put up with it!:(

CTR EK9 turbo

go get your knocking noise sorted - it always seems to be this: a loose engine mount below where the battery is. Mine used to do it among many others and once this bolt has been either tightened or replaced with something that actually works then it stops the noise.

Is the external sensor that black knobbly thing that sticks out the bottom of the nearside mirror as the offside hasnt got one???

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

hmm, I wonder if the heated mirrors would affect the external temp sensor.. lol,

from -5 to 20 degrees.. if only...

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Who fitted your rear brace?? it is on tight and the shocks not loose???? I think if you took it to Renault to sort then they might not look due to the brace.......