ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hmm, pondering my next car?

E46 m3
Ok so the M140i goes back in October. (Yeah I know ages away ha) but as you do I’m already wrestling with what to get next. I have around 9k spending fund just now but that’ll go up.

I have previous with Renault, Williams and 172 cup. Loved both 😍
Currently thinking 🤔 182 trophy, mini jcw or perhaps another 172 cup?

yeah I know I’m going to miss the 140i grunt but it’s handling let’s it down and I reckon a wee hot hatch is the ticket.

cheers all, Greig

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Don't know about you but going from a new BMW to an old Renault, would do my head in for everyday comforts and build quality. I am old though.

However, do 100% agree on the fun factor being reintroduced (and Mpg!). Hard to balance those things really.

Reckon a nice Mk3 meg would do the trick, not an old clio. Never had or leant towards a Mini in any guise so wouldn't know about those things, just seem a bit plasticky.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I could not go back to an older daily now you will really miss the bmw but not the s**t handling thou🤣

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi Greg, I must have spent 9k on my 172 and still needs paint, seats and brakes doing, if you buy a trophy you may need to spend as much to get that in good condition. I personally have never owned a Megane, they seem to spin a lot, so I’ve never bothered. if you get a 182 trophy at least you get nice seats etc but be careful what you buy.