ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holey Renault 5 16V... Williams F7R & Alpha ITBs

M

mini-valver

Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

Absolutely awesome! Want :(

Re: Renault 5 F2000 Tarmac Rally / Sprint Car - Clio Williams conversion & overhaul

brilliant!

that cam pully thingymajig looks well close to the suspension tower turret thingymabob!

are they bike carbs?

Cheers guys

Dave.... K4M 5 ;)

Alpha Weber throttle bodies... don't let the gay filters fool you lol, they are just on to stop s**t getting in until i find a better solution.

Dropped down to page 3... god ive been a lazy sh1t lol

No big updates.. Ive just been collecting the remaining parts

A friend is going getting the bits of the ITB kit i left, which is doing me a huge favour and saving me a drive to bristol... I have also bought an ITG sausage filter from him.. so i should have all thos bits for weekend :D

Brand new wishbones with poly bushes awaiting being welded

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

Renault Type D bright green coolent & 10mm FK spacers

IMG_4885.jpg

Found a random VW radiator & big sheet of mesh at spring fest in the auto jumble... £10 a piece bargain

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

ValverInBits

I was at spring fest :) My mate pete ran a 12.56 in his G40 :D

nice developments. Are those wishbones the same as williams/R19 ones?

Evo 6, E92 320d

How much is the green coolant? I want some of that.

FF RB 182

Tis coming along nicely winston :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

from GSF its part numer R98072 and is 17.35 for 5 litres + vat and additional litre bottles are R98070 4.90 + vat each but club discount will take 10% off that!

7 litres is needed for the change.

12.56 in a G40... Sick time!!!... whats it had done?

The 5 wishbones are smaller and have smaller bushes but the ARB atatches the same way as a Williams does.

Coolent was from GSF... It had been staring at me on the self the last few times ive been and after seeing it in f0xys just had to buy it lol

Cheers folks.... 10 weeks left till FCS to get it semi finished

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo

Good arrows Winston. Can't wait to see the her run!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

Cheers folks.... 10 weeks left till FCS to get it semi finished

holy s**t is that how long away it is!!?? :eek:

car looks sweet fella :cool:

It's starting to look very tasty :approve:

ValverInBits

12.56 in a G40... Sick time!!!... whats it had done?

K03 turbo conversion @22Psi, 25 shot of giggle gas, mickey T drag slicks, methanol-water injection. It's a quick car :D

vtr, 172, s1 rallye

looks fantastic!

A high screaming NA engine imo is alot more fun than boost :p

Cheers people..... Today ive done some odds and sods

I Re-did the fuel rail with normal fuel hose and its ready to atatch the main fuel lines

IMG_4909.jpg

I made a start on fitting the wiring loom... buy buy empty engine bay lol

IMG_4904.jpg

I picked up my new seats last night..... Cheers Dave :D

IMG_4908.jpg

My bits arrived from laine... sadly I can't use the ITG, so its up for sale :(... the crank pully, trigger wheel and lamba sensor are here at last tho :D

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4913.jpg

Clio 220 lpg

What else goes on them Weber throttle bodies, isn't there like some plastic trumpet to sort the air flow?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Awesome work!

M

mini-valver

It looks like a c**k ring, lol. Choppy chop!

berlingo van saxo vtr r5

winston need help with my conversion where does the water pump go as u have to take it off to get the engine mount on??

Ive got the 5 back on all four wheels again today... Fitted the following

5 GT poly'd wishbones
5 GT poly'd ARB
5 GT Driveshafts
Williams hubs
Willliams Calipers
Willliams 259mm Discs
Coilovers
Soild top mounts

No during pictures as i just got stuck in :eek:

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4961.jpg

Next step is to tow it to my nans nice flagged drive way.... crack on with my list of jobs to do... main jobs are Wiring, cooling and exhaust.

172 Race Car

I love this car, Going to FCS?

I'm going to have to stop reading this thread, I keep looking at places I could drill holes into my car lol. Quality project, I kept a close eye on your old R5, and do on this one too.

Cheers guys :)... Im still lokking for places to drill holes ;)

It will be at french car show... under its own power or towed lol

Seats of kings Dave ;)

Well the 5's at its final build location

IMG_4974.jpg

Strut brace painted and fitted

IMG_4977.jpg

ECU secured using old battery tray holder

IMG_5051.jpg

And just this pic because it looks evil lol

IMG_5048.jpg

Ive still loads to do and not sure what to tackle next... I need to get my head on it tbh

340i

That does look like a mean machine!!!

Good going lad

172 Race Car

last pic is epic tbqfh

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Last picture is mental! :approve:

alien green rs133

a shot down trumpet to see how they sit/line up internally?