ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honest Race

Clio v6

A guy in some sort of Scooby with those new ugly headlights, wanted a wee blast, so I obliged. He seemed to have quite a bit of pull from about 70 to 110 but after that he was fading away behind me. ( but not by miles )

In a cue at the roundabout he shouted over " I didnt want to waste petrol on something I might not beat" Honest or what?

We gave a friendly smile and a thumbs up. Wish everyone was as pleasant.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Always nice to get a wave or a flash after a bit of a blast. Puts the whole thing into perspective - its just for FUN! :)

Ive not had many "races" since getting the 206, but I did race and beat a new Golf GTi (god knows which engine type - think it was GT with a red "i" after it) from two sets of lights. When we pulled up side by side at a third set where I was turning off, I turned to wave and the guy was sat there punching his steering wheel and apparently shouting!!! Mind you, getting beaten by a Poo-0-6 must be a bit embarrasing for anyone!

Anyway, I agree with Ben H....whenever I "race" anyone, I always do it in a friendly way and never ever ever hang 2cm off someones rear bumper cos its just bloody rude!

R.

Hi Wayne....tomorrow night. Cant wait. Drove the 206 GTi for a farewell (good riddance) drive over the Snake Pass last night and it confirmed my suspicions that it is a boring, uncomfortable DOG.

Anyway, the Peugeot club really sucked!

Rhys