ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can I get a 16v bonnet with rain catcher fit a MK1 Clio S 98R

williams 3
As the title suggests, has anyone managed to get around this problem.
I was thinking the raincatcher could be blocked this would allow the airbox to remain.
or
fit an induction kit and remove the e7j airbox so the raincatcher is able to fit inside when the bonnets closed?

IMG_5075.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

_80.jpg

williams 3
I wonder if anyone has come across this problem before? Surely when it rains the water runs over the airbox?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Even if rain does get in, it won't be enough to cause any issues. Unlike the R19's that used to leak all over the spark plugs! Lol

williams 3
I own a williams too, the air vent purpose sends cooler air down towards the manifold. I suppose if this raincatcher gets sealed I could fit a different airbox as a solution.
I really fancy having a carbon fibre bonnet on this car. Would improve its looks and weigh less.
thanks lesley for your reply!

williams 3
Even if rain does get in, it won't be enough to cause any issues. Unlike the R19's that used to leak all over the spark plugs! Lol
If rain did get in it would round down the rocker cover, muck up my beautiful engine bay and leave me slightly annoyed.

I think i'll make a water-tight seal on the inside and run a 'rain drain away pipe' that drains the water to the lower parts of the car.

Anyways thanks!