ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to queiten carbone lorraine pads!

Clio 172 Cup
I have had the carbone lorraine pads (with brembo max groove discs) in for a couple of months now. Done about 1500 miles on them including two track days.

They still squeel extremely bad. I was told that once I had done a trackday they should quiten down, but the opposite has happened, they have gone vey loud. They tend to squeel alot when slight/medium pressure is applied. They also now tend to squeel when turning, even though the brake pedal is not pushed.

When cold and under heavy breaking the squeel is not so loud.

I have cleaned the carriers and greased (back of the pads aswell) them up quite well. I was thiniking of removing the metal spring plates that are located at the top and bottom of the pads, do you think this will help?

Anyone know where I can get some anti squeel back plates from?

Is the noise actually coming from the pad and disc contact surfaces?

Any other ideas?

Fiesta ST
I think it'll just be the pad compound and disc. Nothing really can be done. Strange you have problems with that setup though. I use the brembo max and mintex extreme pad combo and they squeel as well. I wonder if infact it's the discs causing the problems?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Que Chauster! He was using the handbrake it was that embarasing in town!!! lol

Nippy white cup
I have the PF pads and they squeal soooo badly. I have done the handbrake slow down routine as well lol! Although the improvement in braking is immense

Chris

Clio 172 Cup

I do that at the moment, the rear pads have to come in some use!

Going to cane the brakes at Brands on tuesday, then move to the feroda's after that, can't be dealing with them anymore!

Clio 172 Cup
blimey, 91k on the original rear pads, thats getting your monies worth. a few hand brake turns mark, and you'll be on your next set sooner.

clio 182 FF

I do that at the moment, the rear pads have to come in some use!

Going to cane the brakes at Brands on tuesday, then move to the feroda's after that, can't be dealing with them anymore!

Im getting rid of mine I cant stand them anymore really doing my head in I need to hide my face ever time I brake mind you they are amazing for stopping power i can out brake alot of people which is an advantage .
They worked well today on the back roads no noise either that I couldn't hear it as my exhaust is that loud lol.
Any takers for my pads they are jus about new paid alot for them too.

Clio 172 Cup
^^^ your not wrong there, you may aswell remove the rear calipers, discs, pads and the block the rear brake exits on the master cylinder.

first gear can become the new parking brake.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
What awesome pads the Carbone Lorraines are though. Around Brands on Tues they were excellent. Far better than DS2500s for track only work.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
if your selling the car deviltronics .. wana swap your carbon loraines for some brand new mintex extreams?

how much are left on your carbons?

Clio 172 Cup
lots left on the carbones, only done about 1000 miles. im selling the car and putting it back to standard, so not after a swap.

will sell the pads with the brembo max discs as a set.

Clio 172 Cup
still need to work out prices, after the car is back to standard. others bits I have for sale:

itg maxogen
ktec stealth + ktec decat
awt inlets (may sell on exchange)
oz supperleggra 15*7 wheels with excellent yoko parada tyres

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
1st dibs on the carbons and disks...

i have a set of brand new disks and pads. which you could fit as a selling point for your car ;)

182 FF & 306 Rallye
I was in the '03 172 Cup on white speedlines. Were you in the 53 plate Cup? I've only had it a few weeks so it was the first trackday its been on. I was really impressed though. It was seriously wet most of the day, I had the car aquaplaning sideways through Surtees (unintentional!) :eek:

Got the R888s bedded in and got more comfortable with the car by about 4o'clock! There was lots of grip if you trusted it. Was chasing a nice silver 993 911 and lapping that Volvo! Was a good turnout and mixture of cars though, a few red flags as normal but plenty of tracktime.

Clio 172 Cup
i still have the standard disc and pads which i'll throw on, will put all the bits up for sale in classifieds section next week

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
are the carbones unrivalled in terms of track use?

i was looking at getting them for the valver but dunno if i can be doing with the squeeling!?!?

Clio 172 Cup
I was in the '03 172 Cup on white speedlines. Were you in the 53 plate Cup? I've only had it a few weeks so it was the first trackday its been on. I was really impressed though. It was seriously wet most of the day, I had the car aquaplaning sideways through Surtees (unintentional!) :eek:

Got the R888s bedded in and got more comfortable with the car by about 4o'clock! There was lots of grip if you trusted it. Was chasing a nice silver 993 911 and lapping that Volvo! Was a good turnout and mixture of cars though, a few red flags as normal but plenty of tracktime.

Yeah had the other 172 cup (not standard wheels) with my nephews! Great day, MR2's were going off everywhere. I was in the same garage as that Volvo 850.

still need to work out prices, after the car is back to standard. others bits I have for sale:

itg maxogen
ktec stealth + ktec decat
awt inlets (may sell on exchange)
oz supperleggra 15*7 wheels with excellent yoko parada tyres
offset?
price?
colour?

I claim dibs ;) lol

And stop being a girl - let them squeal! :p

Clio 172 Cup
offset 37, colour silver, price £300 which includes 4 yoko parada's 195/50/15 (in excellent condition and lots of thread.)

182 FF & 306 Rallye
are the carbones unrivalled in terms of track use?

i was looking at getting them for the valver but dunno if i can be doing with the squeeling!?!?

I was very impressed. Better on track in my experience than Pagid Blue and DS2500s. I would imagine i'll get through discs quicker than pads though! No good for road use with the noise (imo).