ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want pointers/ guidance on my 172 cup advert

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Currently got the cup up for sale:(

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2127742.htm
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...brakes-Belts-Done-4-New-Tyres-refurbed-alloys

Its got the belts done, 52 plater with 61k miles (under 8k a year?!), FRSH, 6months tax and 11months MOT now. 4 new tyres and refurbished alloys.

Now so far im after £3,200 which compared to others I think is a fair market value, but not had one viewer, just the usual P/X lark that pheads seems notorious for :mad:

Therefore, im after thoughts on the following to see what the general public and people on here think about:-

1) The price
2) The pictures
3) The advert content
4) The location
5) What else I could improve/ amend.

:star:

120d M Sport
I think thats fine, these ridiculous long winded ones some go for are just O.T.T

Only thing I think would be better was if you went for a premium advert and got some interior and engine bay shots, but I'm not sure i's necessary here.

When I sold mine a couple weeks back, it got no interest off here, pistonheads & gumtree.
I put it on Autotrader, and had people ringing up about it that night. Someone came the next day and put a deposit down on it. Had about 5-6 people ring in the space of 2days just from AT.

Westy. MX5
Nothing wrong with your ad mate or the car. Maybe Scotland is too far for some people to go to, it would put me off as I'm in Essex. Only other thing to tempt a buyer is lower the price, a couple of hundred a week will help.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Appreciate the initial guidance, keep it coming.

I accept distance could be an issue, but was hoping that the cost of a flight to either glasgow or edinburgh airport would help with that.
Autotrader will probably be my next port of call because im not convinced that ebay or gumtree are ideal, but as usual just depends who is looking at the time when you put your advert up.

I was hoping the standard unmolested appearance and package on offer would interest people, plus 61k from what I have seen isnt 'high' mileage.

I recently sold my car. Had it on PH and eBay. Then stuck it on auto trader a week later.

eBay/PH is where i got most of my calls from.

I'd go for eBay before auto trader again to be honnest.

And if its on eBay then get some better pictures. (photobucket them add them via HTML)

As for Scotland...you have edi/glasgow/prestwick and you can fly up for around £25 from most airports down south.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Always wondered what car you had mate. That looks like a cracker and wouldnt change the price at all. Maybe take some pictures at home rather than a car park

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Get at least one pic of the offside and the interior imo. The 2 cars I've flown for I got pics of everthing so add that more pics can be sent as well.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
price is good! which is the main thing, i work in marketing so consider myself somewhat of an expert ;) iv sold my last 2 cars within 24 hours of advertising (btw scot ads is a great place to advertise and has a free option)

i think the add is fine, there are some things you can add which might make it slightly more appealing without being too long winded, add the spec (EW/Trip/Factory Tints/etc - theres not much on a cup but see if you can think of more lol) also add a short decription of what the CUP is, or link a good review site, stating a genuine reason for sale can save time answering phone questions too, and finally - add incentive, anytime im selling a car i offer it with a full valet and full tank of fuel plus whatever else i have for that car (such as a car cover, snow tyres etc, this gives the impression that you are a sensible person who cares for the car and also gives buyers the 'feel good factor' as they feel they are getting extra stuff for 'free'

couple more pics wouldnt hurt either, interior and engine bay

Da

Less
Free sites will always encourage chancers.

I'd pay for an Autotrader advert and await the phone calls.

koi

Audi S1
Pictures of the car from all angles, interior, any receipts, service book etc would make it more appealing to distance buyers

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
gotta say the adverts poor........ A private buyer wouldnt give that a second look-

Not enough specific info Spec etc, If its FRSH I would be shouting loud about that & put in lines like Full Franchised main dealer history from Renault .......
Serviced on these intervals.....

Key selling words - Cherished, Loved.....

but the pics let it down badly-

The car is to far away- completely in the shade in one pic, no interior shots & the Surroundings look a bit ropey-

First impressions & perception of what people see is important- especially on the first picture loaded-

I see a car parked in the corner of a carpark...... not a great start-

Find somewhere nice & get a decent close up...

Ideally 1) Front side on, One front,one rear, One close on side trying to get some of a good shine, One/two interior, one engine bay ....

Im sure I may get people saying that Ive gone OTT but youve got to shout up the good things & make the car jump off the page...

regards
Steve

PH1 iceburg
Looks like an amzing car. You just need to show it off a bit more.

Also consider a premium advert.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The best adverts i've seen are ones where the car has been pictured in the grounds of some stately home etc. It just makes it look like you care a bit more than the average jo.

I'm not saying you need to buy a £5mil pad just to sell your £3k hot hatch, but location is key imo. So just drive into a scottish castle, take good pics, go home.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Premuim adverts on Pistonheads are Free---

Just choose the £14 option or whatever it is now - you dont have to pay at the end- theres my helpful good deed for the night

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The best adverts i've seen are ones where the car has been pictured in the grounds of some stately home etc. It just makes it look like you care a bit more than the average jo.

I'm not saying you need to buy a £5mil pad just to sell your £3k hot hatch, but location is key imo. So just drive into a scottish castle, take good pics, go home.

I like the old fashioned brick work type houses-

S

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
ok some decent pointers, interestingly people havent grumped on price, which is a positive!

Yeah, when I sold my CTR, I had most bites from Autotrader.

Get a shot of the interior in there and a shot of it in front of a house. When all the shots are in a car park, you expect to get mugged at knife point if you ever went to view it.

The problem with the price is that you havent really sold it. Its on the top end of what the cups are going for and you havent really told people why, although Im surprised there hasnt been someone giving you a cheeky offer.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Ah, see im always a tad weary of those ones, purely as everytime ive been to see cars like that its been a dodgy looking Asian selling from a council house ... 2 minutes looking at a nail and im off before i get stabbed lol.

You need better pics & more of them, detail the history, etc, perhaps say that you will reimburse the eventual buyer their flight costs. Only £25 for you, but it shows that you have confidence in the quality of the car.

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
i tryed to call about this car on sunday and it said there was a number error:S the line just kept going to the dial tone id have come to view it as it not too far from me but iv got a deposit on another one now sorry to spam just letting you know about the number thing

Clio 182
Ah, see im always a tad weary of those ones, purely as everytime ive been to see cars like that its been a dodgy looking Asian selling from a council house ... 2 minutes looking at a nail and im off before i get stabbed lol.

You need better pics & more of them, detail the history, etc, perhaps say that you will reimburse the eventual buyer their flight costs. Only £25 for you, but it shows that you have confidence in the quality of the car.

Its a bit of a cheap trick, but do this when ever I sell a car, see my old TT below in my nans garden :)

HPIM1475.jpg