ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

TrackCar & F30 330d
I believe the car is still at northhampton Motorsport getting the engine loom made, engine mapped, suspension changed and the suspension set up/ corner weighted :)

Another week or so wait, but it'll be pretty much good to go when it's back :)

BMW Z4
what's happening with this thing now. It's been a while since Mark posted?

It is because I have nothing left to do myself :(

It is currently

1. Having an OMEX engine loom made
2. Having a race tech and DL1 logger with camera 4 system fitted and configured
3. Having the KW suspension replaced with AST
4. Having the interior switch panel made (will go in the new panel being made by Autoflock)
5. Having a map done on the 710
6. Having the corner weights and suspension setup
7. A few bits and bobs and final check over

All at Northampton Motorsport. I should be getting it back soon (We had to wait 3 weeks for the AST's) and then It will be testing and track days ready for Track Day Trophy next year.

Mark.

Stage 3 Spec Fiesta RST
Hello Mark,

sorry couldnt email back the other day, my mobile broadband was playing up with the bad weather. Anyway to answer your question regarding the size I have made the panel the same size as the top part of the fiber board template you sent, I thought it would be best to use this dimension as your better to have it slightly larger than too small, anyway the top is exactly the same.

Nearly finished the grp work so not long till its time to get the sanding block out, I can't wait :-(

Here you can see it starting to take shape

IMAG0057.jpg

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Nearly finished the grp work so not long till its time to get the sanding block out, I can't wait :-(

Here you can see it starting to take shape

IMAG0057.jpg

Any update on the centre console and how much would you charge if i wanted one PM me if you want.

BMW Z4
Hi All

Update long in the coming :) I went over to NHM to weigh in and the car weighs 880kg without me in it. I took some shots of the new AST's whilst there and these are below.

ASTFronts.jpg

ASTFronts2.jpg

ASTRears.jpg

ASTRears2.jpg

RearShot.jpg

Mmmm very nice. The corner weights and geometry are now done. I shall be selling the KW's now as new unused which is what they are.

I was going to take some pictures of the engine loom but when I opened the bonnet the wiring was that neat and tucked away I could not see it LOL NHM quality of workmanship is ace and I am very pleased.

This week they are finalising the interior wiring with wiring in the race dash, DL1 data logger and camera 2 system. I bought some nice cnc stack mounts for the cameras and they look nice on the roll cage. They are also mapping it this week too so I am excited to see what it makes. On Nov 20th I am taking the car to Donnigton for a track day, feel free to pop along to say hello if you're near.

Mark

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Looks very nice Mark, are the arb mounts upside down? Or mounted that way for a reason ?

Audi A3
just had a quick look over this

what made you re-locate the washer bottle out of curiosity?

looks like itll do the job brilliantly, top marks for your dedication!

RS197 R27
wow, what a project, the workmanship in this is brilliant, way too pretty to be a race car (I mean that in the nicest possible way) look forward to seeing the next developments!

BMW Z4
just had a quick look over this

what made you re-locate the washer bottle out of curiosity?

looks like itll do the job brilliantly, top marks for your dedication!

Relocated it because I wanted the wires for the cutoffs and fire system etc on the other side and didn't want them near water in case the car is upside down and all the water dumps over them. That really was the only reason to be honest, also there is a lot of space on the drivers side doing nothing.

BMW Z4
nice project mate.....hope will see it racing soon ...

I am doing all the rounds in TDT next year and maybe some others with some track days etc. I will make sure to film it all and post them to Youtube to keep the thread interesting. The whole propject has taken longer than I thought it would when I started out to be honest but I have and am enjoying it a lot and I do love my little Clio a lot :)

NHM have and are doing an awesome job wiring in my whole dash system and cameras, they have wired the kenlowe into the ecu now and are giving me a pit lane limiter button too.

172 Race Car
Wow, 140 rears? AND an ARB.

Ours would spin like a top with that setup. Interesting to see how you get on

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Yes the L bracket, I cant see it making any difference but it will be very low at the back and may catch on a trailer or something.

Also one of my brackets bent so would be worth welding on a web to strengthen them.

BMW Z4
Now you have me worried Jay LOL. Someone recommended those rates although I cant remember who to be honest. lets suck it and see eh. I was also told the other day that with my cage I wont need the ARB so again let's see. You could fit on a penny black what I know about spring rates to be honest :)

182cup & 172 racecar
I've noticed that you have used an allen bolt for the topstrut hole,I guess this has been done to achieve more camber adjustment,I'm afraid they will move,try and get the proper bolts in there,even if it means filing the slots out a little bit.

172 Race Car
Those tyres look immense are they road legal?
As said they are Dunlop Direzza DZ03G. Yes road legal. We race on them, brilliant track tyres. Similar price to R888's these days. At our race at Oulton the top 10 on the grid were on them. Only 1 or 2 cars in the field run R888 now.

Schma Schme 1.6l
I've noticed that you have used an allen bolt for the topstrut hole,I guess this has been done to achieve more camber adjustment,I'm afraid they will move,try and get the proper bolts in there,even if it means filing the slots out a little bit.

So true. I have never known a race car like the clio, it constantly wants to kill you by any means possible, 1 of hem is nuts/bolts loosening 15 minutes after they wete murder tightened!

At the races my brother spends 45mins spanner checking it every time it goes out.

We did a whole season racing the evo and never spanner checked it at the track once.

BMW Z4
Car is on track (keeps fingers crossed) Switch panel cowling and dash panel are now made and being fitted so now just the map left to do. If all goes well NMS will be taking the car to Donny for me on Sunday and staying all day to help out.

182 trackday racer
Sorry if this is not considered OnTopic but Ill share it anyway...

I was recomended 100Nm front and 140Nm rear by Curtis @ AST.

Settled for 120rear as I have a rear ARB and 100 front as recomended. However after testing it out on track its still feel like its rolling a lot. (not tailhappy at all btw) If its because of to little compression, soft tirewalls or to soft springs I dont know?
Judging by the photos Id say I could go up to 120Nm fromt and 140Nm rear without a problem?!?

Oh and the car is 1100kg with full fluids and me in it.

View attachment 66821View attachment 66822View attachment 66823

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
IF I am going Tiny??
Admin trying to have a laugh:rolleyes:

Sorry if this is not considered OnTopic but Ill share it anyway...

I was recomended 100Nm front and 140Nm rear by Curtis @ AST.

Settled for 120rear as I have a rear ARB and 100 front as recomended. However after testing it out on track its still feel like its rolling a lot. (not tailhappy at all btw) If its because of to little compression, soft tirewalls or to soft springs I dont know?
Judging by the photos Id say I could go up to 120Nm fromt and 140Nm rear without a problem?!?

Oh and the car is 1100kg with full fluids and me in it.

View attachment 66821View attachment 66822View attachment 66823

looks soft on the front to me.