ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction Kits - KEEP THE FILTERS OILED!

Lionel Richie
that's nothing!
538493_10151596170045744_634897287_n_zpsbe7fb3c5.jpg

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I've had my Pipercross oiling kit sitting on the side for a month - will make sure I use it this weekend! I wasn't aware of the need to do it so often!

What about things like non-foam filters, like K&N cones etc? I know they said to oil it, but i'm fairly sure it wasn't until you'd covered thousands of miles - that said, i took a quick peek and mine's filthy!

Titanium Clio 182
What's best product to use in the k Tec induction kit? Do ktec do there own? So is it just a case of oiling foam outside like maybe spray? Thanks.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm glad I have a paper filter now, albeit a bit tatty but I know my TB doesn't look anything like the 2 in this thread.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im running a stock filter in my PH1 airbox.. Couldnt be arsed with spending £30 odd on a filter then having to oil it all the time.. I wont notice a difference fitting a fancy one..

RS RIP
can you see why i recommend sticking with standard paper elements? because it FILTERS, amazing!

Ive tried many many setups… and guess what, the paper filter won :star:

Engine seemed less torque-y with the foam ones , the tad little resistance of the paper one felt better on the throttle response (must not forget to mention that it's a V6 box)

and oh yeah; they FILTER better

182FF
I want to replace the filter all together on the end of my kit... What size brand is best? The mesh inside the Ktec one is awful!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I want to replace the filter all together on the end of my kit... What size brand is best? The mesh inside the Ktec one is awful!

the mesh inside most foam filters is minimal and flimsy, but it does the job. I have use the RAMAIR filter with the 70mm opening on my 182, and a recent RR result had shown a +10bhp increase over the stock filter :) Also according to RAMAIR, the filter is pre-impregnated with the oil in between the 2 layers so doesn't need oiling until you clean it, not sure how true of a statement that is, but so far my TB looks nice and clean.

182FF
Brought a 70mm pipercross cone filter and it was the exact same size as the hose so wouldn't fit! The Ktec filter is 60mm just for reference

Most companies don't pre oil any more as the oil interferes with VAG air flow sensors - RamAir said it would be fine running without oil but those pictures obviously show otherwise

I've washed the cone and pipe but I've put my standard box back in for now with a foam filter.
My Ktec thing had done about 5000 miles and didn't look half as dirty as some of these though. :S

Actually nice to have a quieter machine for now tbh. I'll put the cone back on for trolling when the nicer weather comes back.

Arctic 182
20140125_145812_zps8287e031.jpg

20140125_145831_zpsf4c98d0c.jpg

Just taken mine off for its second clean. Not sure if the residue is from before it was oiled for.the 1st time.

Going to get it power tested over next few months. Be interested to see if ive lost any power. Cant believe they dont tell you to oil these!