ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance decisions.. Should I

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Have been getting quotes from the web for when my insurance runs on early next year, cheapest I have so far for a 02 172 (non CUP) is £1622.00, Yeah I know it sounds alot, but for the last year I have paid £1800 for my 1.2!! (£150 a month) Im in a better position job wise than last year an wont miss the money as much, but im on a knife edge what to do, your comments may swing it, thanks for ya input :).

(oh a over the next year it wold be £766 for the lil 1.2)

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

If you can afford the swap to a 172 (even a mk1) you will love it.

It really is worlds apart from the rest of the range.

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Thansk guys, I think I knew the answer already but though id check :oops: You will have to let me know how you get on fUbAr, it scares me a little to think of the power, atm I only spin in first in the wet, I think it will be much worse in someting with more power! hehe. Will prob be around Feb I should thik, I will keep you guys posted.

have you not driven one yet daily?

go find yourself one and blag a ride in it, thats what answered any of my doubts! :)

mine is already lined up for mid March, as soon as "someone" gets their ass into gear and buys his Vee (u know who you are) ;)

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

No I have never been in one fUbAr, although I have admired from afar :) I will have to get myself into gear and get to a meet next time one is local. Are you after newms ms CUP ? I think he was talking about a vee, the lack of comforts and ABS would scare me lol, I have my heart set on a flame red 172, but could be swayed if ya know what I mean :) .

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

That lowest price GeeUK was from direct line! Even Churchill was around £500 more, thats with one SP50 and one claim around a year ago that I was found at fault with. So pretty good with them in account, and my post code was the highest on the list that was posted here some time ago (refer it was) and with the car parked on the street. I also understand that if I call them I may get it alittle lower ? That would be good.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Sounds like a good quote then, considering your circumstances. How old are you dailyd?

Quote: Originally posted by dailyd on 24 December 2004

That lowest price GeeUK was from direct line! Even Churchill was around £500 more, thats with one SP50 and one claim around a year ago that I was found at fault with. So pretty good with them in account, and my post code was the highest on the list that was posted here some time ago (refer it was) and with the car parked on the street. I also understand that if I call them I may get it alittle lower ? That would be good.
Amazing. Gonna give it a go.

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 24 December 2004
Sounds like a good quote then, considering your circumstances. How old are you dailyd?

Will be 22 Martin, got a couple of years under the belt now heh.

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 24 December 2004

You in wales mate?

Its an assumption, your name just looks welsh ?

No, up in Yorkshire matey :) .

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 24 December 2004
Id never pay that much for insurance. Daylight robbery/legalised theft.

Yeah I know Chris, im taking the bad onboard with the good, so thanks for your comments, but after spending more in the previous year I dont think I will miss it.

Quote: Originally posted by phunkey_monkeh on 24 December 2004
ah fair play.

Was gonna offer to take you out for a spin.
Thanks for the kind offer, I would sooner the though of a drive with another member than some sales guy pushing for a sell.

Quote: Originally posted by 172gal on 24 December 2004

Buy my flame red 172.....im in yorkshire also :D

:) Yeah I have seen your auctions, someone is going to get a good lil car, with the sat nav and 17" rims its not a bad price.

Well, considering my insurance a year and few months ago was £1,700 TPTF on a Fiesta 1.1, Id jump at the chance!