ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance for 21 year old for 172

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

how much u reckon ill have to pay for insurance on a 172 or preferably cup when im 21 in four months time? Ill have four year no claims.

im paying £950 at mo for 1.6si in sh*t area of southampton, its only £600 at home fully comp. the car has quite few mods tho, but nothin to the engine apart from induction and zorst.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ye about 1400, the Cup will be slightly more expensive (in theory) as its group 17

apparently the cup is NOW group 17!! i didnt even know they could change it!

My ins is £1300 f/c i have 1 yncb, im 21, and had it from 20

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye tecos is the people im with,

£700 full comp with full (5 years) NCD and protected NCD.

dunno mate, direct line and tescos, were very similar price. everyone else was over a grand.??????? dont know how they work!

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

im with renault insurance, 21 with a cup, 1 yrs no claims, 1800 a year.

elephant wanted 8000 a year

I currently pay £1500 with tescos, thats with 1yr ncb when i was 20.

Now ive turned 21 ive just got a couple of quotes online, was quoted £988 with directline.

Well chuffed with that!

2012 WRX Waggon

Quote: Originally posted by toms_cup on 30 December 2003

im with renault insurance, 21 with a cup, 1 yrs no claims, 1800 a year.

elephant (sized premiums) wanted 8000 a year
I am paying 650 quid F/C with protected N/C for a 172...I have got 13 years N/C.

think I am paying over the ods with direct line - live in WA13 postcode.

how do the insurance companys come to all there prices?????? i think they have a big bingo machine with diffrent prices in, and hey presto..........

Nippy white cup

yule (sorry pissed at mo and fully intended) probably find it is diff for everyone. So many permations(sp) ...area,claims,age. One company which is good for one person is bad for another...ours..cant be arsed going into the details... is £900ish for us both....Tesco wanted £1600 for it and one firm called NIG wanted £4000!!!!

Anyway I really am sloshed so night-night all!

Chris:sick:

Stanced Honda S2000

erm, im 21 in afew months too, driving since 16 . 1 claim, no points. low crime area, on a drive? any ideas ? i bet about 1,400?

Quote: Originally posted by garyvts on 30 December 2003

dunno mate, direct line and tescos, were very similar price. everyone else was over a grand.??????? dont know how they work!

someone said tesco insurance is direct line so the difference is more or less the same. Terms may be different.

the lowest qoute will be £1300 but maybe you should get a 172. If you order a 182 you should get that by april!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

No renault insurance and tesco are both underwritten by Insurance UK. Not sure bout direct line tho!

Im 22 livin in suburbia with a 172 and 2 yrs no claims and i pay just less than £1300. And thats with tesco.

are they allowed to change it from 16 to 17?

And there was me thinking itd go down next year because id of had another years no claims.

TDI tyre shreader

have been on here a few times waffling on about insurance because i really want a 172 but have been struggling to get a quote below 3k, have just tried tesco and got 1100, that has just made very happy!!!! happy new year guys

hi im 16 at the mo and nearly 17, ive ben riding a 50cc for nearly a year would this class as a years no claim bonus for car insurance when im 17? marc

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i found tesco and renault insurance about the same(£30 difference) and direct line about £50 cheaper.

Quote: Originally posted by marc_cowley on 01 January 2004

hi im 16 at the mo and nearly 17, ive ben riding a 50cc for nearly a year would this class as a years no claim bonus for car insurance when im 17? marc
Im afraid not some places may take not of it but motorbike no cliams cannot be used on cars. I think its to stop people buying a scooter and building up yrs of cheap NCB then getting cheap insuracne on a fast car which they cannot handle and crash.

I dont know some people get similar quotes from some companies Renault wanted £1600 whereas Tesco and LV ~£850

EDD

23 had it for a mk11 172 for a year with direct line insured for 760! With me better half on it an 4yrs!

Give direct line a try!

when i got quoted a cup always came out cheaper to insure then the 172,

23 with 2yrs ncd (in june) £1200 f/c for a cup and £1300 for a 172

cant wait till june when ive got 2 yrs, and then i ll hopefully be after a cup !!!

172gal,

elephant, i thought it was a good quote !!

i pay 935 fc with elephant at the min, with 1 yr ncd

im male btw, as cat is my initials its not short for catherine or any thing !!!