ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance is ripping me off

Mk2 Golf GTI

Im 19, touch wood will have 1 ncb soon and own a 1.2 clio but ive still been getting quoted over £1500.

I dont live in a bad area, no claims/points and it is garaged but i still get raped. It pisses me off as some lad at college has just paid £1000 on a volvo T5 in his own name. Hes the 18 and has no ncb yet he can get that sort of quote on a car with 240bhp....

i dunno who to try. car will be lightly modified with cup rims, lowered on springs and has an induction kit.

don't

lol confused were just crap for me apart from admiral

out of all insurers got 1 result lol, all others opted out cos car is lowered and has alloys lol

although admiral quoted £783, lowest b4 that was £815

so ringing admiral might get it 2 about 750 if i add my mums female m8 on there aswel

What? Your mate is blagging out of his arse, the Volvo must be group 16 at least..blatantly using mummy there..

My quotes are the same fella, bit less, circa £1250.

-Rob

[Edited by RobFenn on 14 September 2004 at 4:28pm]

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 14 September 2004

Im 19, touch wood will have 1 ncb soon and own a 1.2 clio but ive still been getting quoted over £1500.

I dont live in a bad area, no claims/points and it is garaged but i still get raped. It pisses me off as some lad at college has just paid £1000 on a volvo T5 in his own name. Hes the 18 and has no ncb yet he can get that sort of quote on a car with 240bhp....

i dunno who to try. car will be lightly modified with cup rims, lowered on springs and has an induction kit.
this guy at college is talking sh*t, most places wont insure people under 25 or 21, let alone a no experience driver at 18 with no NCB. if he does have insurance then it wont pay out if he crashes as hes lied to get it that cheap... if hes actually insured at all.

Mk2 Golf GTI

just found out it was 3rd party but even still, thats cheap on a 240bhp car! Its an old one btw but still f**kin quick cuz he absolutely pasted me today.

Ive got it down to £1140 with churchill but it comes to £1230 if i pay in installments (which will be the case as i decided to blow all my money instead of saving up).
btw adding my mum made it cheaper on some sites but more with others

[Edited by spirez on 14 September 2004 at 5:39pm]

Ziel Nurburgring

Still sounds like its under a parents name. T5s are very quick and must be group 15/16+, rwd turbo for an 18yr old for £1k, hes blagging.

You have to ask why he would want a Volvo estate in the first place?

Mk2 Golf GTI

its the saloon version. ill get him to bring his policy, im not 100% convinced myself yet.

Im gonna try a few more companies like liv vic and hic. maybe adrian flux but ive heard bad things about them

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Im the same, cannot get under 2k (for a 172) even saying I have 2 yr NCB (really have 0 but will have one hopefully soon) I did the same but put in a diff post code and address (in a better area, but no where near perfect) and it came down by over a grand!!! Think im gonna have to move house.

Mk2 Golf GTI

where do you live? im in coventry and i my mate put his post code into my quote and it doubled for him. over £3000 on a 1.1 106

ST

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 14 September 2004

just found out it was 3rd party but even still, thats cheap on a 240bhp car! Its an old one btw but still f**kin quick cuz he absolutely pasted me today.

Ive got it down to £1140 with churchill but it comes to £1230 if i pay in installments (which will be the case as i decided to blow all my money instead of saving up).
btw adding my mum made it cheaper on some sites but more with others

[Edited by spirez on 14 September 2004 at 5:39pm]
£1230, is that with mods mate?

Fiesta ST Stage 3

My mk 1 172 is £ 918 full comp with Tesco and £ 1700 with Direct line age 22 2 year ncb. Have a look at Tescos mate.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

most insurance companies wont insure someone under 21 on a 2.something-or-other-car.

Try Liverpool Victoria. Im 18 no ncb, 1 write-off, 2 claims. paying fully comp with insurance in my name and my mum as a named driver and im paying £1400