ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance: no tinting im afraid.

Clio 1.2i 16V 2002

lo all,
was going to take that Unit 8 tinting in darwen nr blackburn, to tint my rear windows for £112~, got off the phone to insurance and they say they dont allow tinting of windows, only done by aprroved professionals which means £££££. Im with prudential at the moment so any one any advance, my renewal is in march.

phil

Ziel Nurburgring

Did they give you a list of approved people or is there a trade qualification for tinting they need to have?

Ziel Nurburgring

Yeah, but they said they would allow it if its done by pros, not sure how you prove it. Unless they mean it has to come as standard or as an option on a new car

I dare say they dont want proof but if you crash then if you had it done by anyone other than one of their approved people they will probably not pay out!

was black/gold ff 182

mate i would give overrevs a call they know everything you need to know about window tints ,mine was the 1st mk 2 clio they done was awsome job , also in there adverts in max power it say they are profesionals so try them ;)

Clio 1.2i 16V 2002

its got to be insuraned approed innit, the insurance company or renault dunno why, thinking of changing my insurance anyway from prudential to liverpool viccy,

phil

"Navy" N17 TWO

i agree with Martin - dont get the tints

SORRY, let me re-phrase that

IM BEGGING YOU - dont do it, dont get "the van effect" that well-tinted cars have had 2 suffer by being pulled or MOTd

then again - down to personal opinion

if its only the back and rear sides, it is legal, according to an email I got when i asked traffic police.

Integra Type R DC5

Quote: Originally posted by yauser on 12 January 2005

its got to be insuraned approed innit, the insurance company or renault dunno why, thinking of changing my insurance anyway from prudential to liverpool viccy,

phil
I would imagine that the insurance companies will specify who they want to use as they do with body shops etc.

As far as professional is concerned, that is fully trained and conducts it as a business. Unit 8 are a professional window tinting company with VAT Registration etc.

As discussed Phil if you change your insurance and require the tinting then give me a call or drop me a mail to mailto:sales@unit8.wanadoo.co.uk">sales@unit8.wanadoo.co.uk and we can go from there. You are always welcome to pop over and have a look at us if you like.

Regards,
Stevie

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah surely professional just means a proper business, they just dont want you going down Halfords buying some Folia Tec and bodging it yourself.

Da

Less

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 10 January 2005

admiral and elephant dont allow either, gay

makes things safer if anything

nevermind
Admiral do allow tints mate, thats who im with and it added around £25 to my policy.

also they would want it done to legal specification, so there owuld be little or no change to the front side windows, and the rear can be of whatever % tint you like

its a legal thing, they are covering your back by wanting you to ghet it done professionally and to the standards of the law

Da

Less

^^ this is true, when I added tints to my policy they wanted name and address of tinter so they could check they were being done professionally.