ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance on my 182 - 1250, seems a lot?

wsc

1.2 16v Extreme 3, 2005
This entire threads pointless s**te.

Do what most people do, ring a few company's pick the best quote and go with them. No need to moan.

"Insurance on my 182 - 1250, seems a lot?"

Hang on il start a thread, Cost of oil for my 172 - £40 seems alot?? What a load of s**te.

Oh and whats Botching???? Youth. I may be old but at least i can spell :rasp:

:rasp:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^ What?! Tell me you mean that as just a stupid quote, you didnt actually pay that surely?!

No.

Currently as it stands, my mum is the registered keeper of my car, and she is also the policy holder. I'm just a named driver on the policy.

They have 'butterflied' her no claims bonus, so she has 9 years on both cars (The Cooper S and the 206). The NCB are all protected (extra £50).

Currently its about £1300.

Going to need new insurance when in June when im 18.

Pass Plus is stupid - doesn't seem to have made much difference.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Being young + insurance does suck.
Although now I've hit 20 it seems to be dropping a fair bit

182 FF Inferno
I got a crap renewal quote from Elephant (£600 which is crazy as I'm 31 and have 5 yrs NCB), did a bit of ringing round and got it for £320 from Privilidge.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Insurance is due next month, quick quote from Flux was 1250, which seems more than it should be.

I'll be ringing around tomorrow etc, but what should I be paying on my modified 182?!

3ncb
3 points sp30
Non fault claim
8k miles pa
'D' rated postcode

Was hoping for a lot closer to 1k, too low?

Is that quote and online quote or a quote by phone from Flux ??

I've done online quotes with Adrian Flux in the past just out of interest and it always comes up a couple of hundred quid more than a phone quote or what i am actually paying at the moment .

Also i find the renewal quotes for Adrian Flux are pretty high . But they do guarantee to beat any like for like quote so thats why i've been with them for years .

A bad postcode makes a huuuuuuuge difference in your premium .

Yozza'd BG
Got caught racin my classic mini against a guy i didnt know in a MK1 Golf. Unfortunately he got ahead of me and i was the guy at the back who got caught and was done for doin 90 in a 50! Was 2 in the mornin though and was on a motorway which is why i never got banned i think...PHEW!:)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thats an internet quote via email, yet to ring them to see what they quote/what my renewal with them is.

172 Monaco
That's insane I only pay 514 a year, I'm 20 got 3 years ncb and said that I'll do about 10k a year. But I cheated as I put mother and my sistrs boyfriend on it. But that's with Churchill and my mods are declaired on it.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Cheers dude, I'll try Churchill now!

Churchill unable to quote?!

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
28, 10 years NCB (protected), no claims, no points, A postcode, 172 Cup, Sportlines, stainless and K+N. Kept on drive, 10k P.A.

385 quid fully comp with Flux.

At 19/20, I was paying 1300 notes fire and funeral on a modified 205 1.9 GTi, with 1 years NCB.

It gets better, you just have to behave/pace yourself. I bought a Subaru Legacy Turbo when I was 22 and didn't have to worry about the insurance costing me an arm and a leg.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I was 22 with 4yrs insured for 12k a Year - Fully Comp - £530ish