ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is it worth fitting ARB/AST Topmounts with GAZ Coilovers?

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Should be fitting my gaz coilovers soon.

Gonna get the front camber bolts too.

Is it worth getting the ast top mounts and a rear arb to make the setup better?

Im planning on getting it all set up properly once their on thats all.

So any suggestions on places around the NW would be good too.

Cheers,

James

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Most definately. I'm not sure what spring rates we have on our GAZ setup but they weren't brilliant on track unless you wound the rear rebound quite a way up the dial. Car ultimately understeered quite early on exiting 3rd gear corners on track etc

We now have pure motorsport top mounts and brace pluse whiteline arb at the back. Put simply, the best money we have spent to date on our track car. It seriously is a different car with these fitted. Buy them!

TRACK CAR BREAKING
Can't use camber bolts with gaz coilovers.. Well you can but they won't adjust the camber

182 FFAT
Can't use camber bolts with gaz coilovers.. Well you can but they won't adjust the camber
what? I have the gaz gha kit plus eibach camber bolts and about 1,5 neg camber from the bolts
ontopic: yep these are very good mods. I'm sorry I rushed into buying the k-tec mounts couple of years ago and not going for the ast ones. not that the k-tec ones aren't good-they are but buy the ast ones that will give the car some needed caster angle
whiteline arb-only heard good things about it- no 1 on my next mod list

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Thanks mate.

Gonna order the bolts soon as i need to tweak the angles slightly for better tyre wear.

535d / t5 caravelle
pheonix motorsport in church (accrington) they specialize in lotus and vx220's, had my cars there a few times and been a happy customer and heard very good things about grinspeed in leyland, search grinspeed, there is a thread somewhere, keep us updated on who sets it up for you