ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is The Market Really That Flat??

I was offered yesterday £5400 from a private buyer for my 05 FF Inferno 182 36k FSH & MOT 12 months!!! Oh & new Exhalto's all round!!!

To me this is well on the low side or else am I so out of touch with the resale value of 182's now???

Cheers

J.

A4 Avant
Well if I were offered that my first word would start with F and the second word would be off.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Recently sold my 172. Mint condition, recaro's, very sensibly priced. Took 3 months to sell. Market is very slow, but seems a bit more lively over the past 2-3weeks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not gonna get 7k. Trophy on similar miles can be had for 7.5k upwards, 7k with 50k miles. 6.5k would be a sensible price.

Abarth 500 Essesse
Agree with 7k, not many FF Inferno's for sale at the minute either so i'd have thought that would make them worth a little more, maybe not though.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Agree with 7k, not many FF Inferno's for sale at the minute either so i'd have thought that would make them worth a little more, maybe not though.

we all know the Inferno is worth more than any other colour! not that all Inferno owners are byiest sp at all :rasp:

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
belts will need changing soon (if you havent already had it done) people may knock you on this to force the price down! :( (just my thoughts)

Looks nice!
can i have your rear mat please?! ;)

Abarth 500 Essesse
belts will need changing soon (if you havent already had it done) people may knock you on this to force the price down! :( (just my thoughts)

Looks nice!

LOL scavenger, yeh we need to stick together your right,;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

Looks nice!

LOL scavenger, yeh we need to stick together your right,;)

lol! i would like a ff rear mat please! and im keen to take advantage of any car thats selling and has one on offer! (cheap) LOL!

Inferno 182 ftw! ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
2 choices. If you want to sell, drop price a little. If you don't need to sell quickly, put it at 7k, but be prepared to haggle. Regardless of what people think, the market determines the price, not us. 5400 is a piss take though. Colour won't make any difference, only colour that gets a premium (afaik) is liquid.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
i guess like warren says! price makes the world go around! all depends how quick you want rid! everything sells in time! ;)

182 ff silver
nobody wants high tax cars they will all be worthless soon, got a jag 3.0 v6 on a 51 plate at work it books around 3k highest bid has been 1.5k!! lol!!!

Abarth 500 Essesse
nobody wants high tax cars they will all be worthless soon, got a jag 3.0 v6 on a 51 plate at work it books around 3k highest bid has been 1.5k!! lol!!!

The tax hasnt gone up that much on the 1*2 :S and running costs are quite sensible aslong as you dont do 20k + a year.

I know for one that i am not going to start driving a polo blue motion just because the government want me to

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I bought a 182 CUP 10 months ago for £7k with 21k miles. I bet I could buy another decent one for £6k.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

The tax hasnt gone up that much on the 1*2 :S and running costs are quite sensible aslong as you dont do 20k + a year.

I know for one that i am not going to start driving a polo blue motion just because the government want me to

agree!

The dude offering £5400 for it is having a laugh tbh, talk about trying it on big time. I have said 'thanks for wasting my time' to him tbh.

Ok so things are slow at the min, but the market hasn't crashed (yet)

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
My 54 plate 182 is up for £5495 with 63k on if that gives you an idea. Yours has got to be worth more!

Titanium 182
if i could get insurance and a decent price for mine i'd offer you 6.5k for it that would be maximum though as trophys can be got for a little more.

However, I can't and i probably wouldn't :(

MKIII 138
from a non cliosport enthusiasts perspective the 172,182 has been looking the same since 2001, to pay £7k+ on a renault of this model and type, build, way its probably been driven compared to another marque is probably not going to happen. after all its been replaced with the MKIII which is facelifted itself next year !

gives some perspective, 172`s and 182`s are not rare, there ten a penny and feature 170-180hp (if your lucky) and most diesels have higher hp now. not to mention the trend for efficient turbo petrols. I dont think they are considered desireble or special anymore even in the £7k price range TBH :(

vers le haut doigt milieu
Dont sell until september, people buy cars then as they expect the price to be lower as the new reg has come out. If you market yours for just under ur asking price you will make a sale as more people will be looking. August is bad time to sell but good time to buy! :)

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
from a non cliosport enthusiasts perspective the 172,182 has been looking the same since 2001, to pay £7k+ on a renault of this model and type, build, way its probably been driven compared to another marque is probably not going to happen. after all its been replaced with the MKIII which is facelifted itself next year !

gives some perspective, 172`s and 182`s are not rare, there ten a penny and feature 170-180hp (if your lucky) and most diesels have higher hp now. not to mention the trend for efficient turbo petrols. I dont think they are considered desireble or special anymore even in the £7k price range TBH :(

I don't know of many diesels with more than 180bhp.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ Even 2L diesels are pushing 180bhp these days. Though I imagine most people in the market for 182s would be wanting something like a 182 rather than a saloon.

BMW M135i
Although I don't generally agree with some CS pricing they have dropped a lot in value over the last 12 months or so. The 197 and the current trend has put payed to that unfortunately.

Mk3 SX
Well i got 5.5k for my clio 2004 dci extreme 3 with 50k miles on it 8 months ago. think that bloke is having a bubble to say the least.

Clio 172 2000
Hmm on some cars yeah, the market has gone a bit flat. Paid £6200 for my Impreza Turbo 18 months ago, and could only get £4500 for it a couple weeks ago after it being on the market for 5/6 weeks. I put it down to the fuel costs, on a car that did 22 mpg. Not quite as bad for the clios as the mpg isn't too bad for what they are, but the £400 tax may scare a few buyers off. But as we all know you'll usually lose money on cars, usually anyway!!:mad:

clio sports were cheap to begin with their is plenty around they have been replaced with a newer model which the 2nd hand examples are now on the market an they are cheap the cost of fuel tax an running costs of most cars are putting people off most of these clios are now 3-4years old an will now require mots no you can get good deals on newer ones which will have warrenty if you want to sell it you going to have to make it atractive if you dont sell it its going to be worth nothing before you reilise ;)

describles cars now are cheap to run eco boxs its sadly the future

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Paid 8k for my FF inferno 2 months ago, was mint as mint though and only done 12k

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
If you're selling please pm me details mate, could be very interested.