ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

It’s Here!!!!

VaVa

My shiny, sexy, sassy, silver 172 arrived today @ 12:00 complete with boot net, toolkit and spotless wheels. And I love it.!!!! The obligatory first modification has already been done ( ClioSport sticker in back window!!). I now feel like a fully fledged member of the club and cant wait until its run in so I can find out what its really all about!! (183 miles on the clock so far!!!)

The car handles like a dream, and cruise control is awesome ( for showing off to your mates anyway!) as are the seats, the xenons etc etc...

Cruise always sounds good, but i always think wot happens if that one time u want to come off cruise control, and it fails?

Just me two cents.

Nice one on getting the car tho mate :D

53 plate 172

I was very patient for the first 600 miles, I passed that last weekned after a month of ownership.

Then last Saturday I opened her up, the roar from the engine was well smart !!!

I managed 1800 miles in the first week!, cause I booked it off work to coincide with the delivery date of the car. ( it was a fappin excellent week!!!! and 1600 or so of those miles were unnecessary!!!!!!)

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Gambler on 27 November 2003

I was very patient for the first 600 miles, I passed that last weekned after a month of ownership.

Then last Saturday I opened her up, the roar from the engine was well smart !!!
Cant wait to be honest.... It seems criminal to have to change up a gear just as the engine begins to come to life.!!! 250 miles down, 400 ish to go.

Abarth 500

Congrats on the car!

Going for very long pointless drives to pile on the miles is definately the way to go if you insist on running in it gently - Theres no way youll manage to contain yourself otherwise!!

Just imagine youre sat next to a CTR at the front of the queue at a set of traffic lights and the fit bird thats driving it looks over and gives you a wink before giving a little blip of the throttle... Youre not going to let her get away are you?!?!?! ;)

Have Fun!!!

Ziel Nurburgring

Got 900 on mine in a month and its hardcore. 4-7 revs in utterly sublime, it just wills you to be naughty all over the road.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by cbscup on 28 November 2003

Congrats on the car!

Going for very long pointless drives to pile on the miles is definately the way to go if you insist on running in it gently - Theres no way youll manage to contain yourself otherwise!!

Just imagine youre sat next to a CTR at the front of the queue at a set of traffic lights and the fit bird thats driving it looks over and gives you a wink before giving a little blip of the throttle... Youre not going to let her get away are you?!?!?! ;)

Have Fun!!!
been there already...... Two lads in a body kitted BMW 318 next to me at some lights, revving his engine. I had to let him go.... maybe next time!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

You got yours OK then...nice one Lagerlout.

Im sat here at work...all on my own at the moment...waiting for my Cup that was supposed to have been delivered this morning...these New Car Discount.com people can really f*** you around!

Better go check outside and see if its here yet......

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Not_for_long on 28 November 2003

You got yours OK then...nice one Lagerlout.

Im sat here at work...all on my own at the moment...waiting for my Cup that was supposed to have been delivered this morning...these New Car Discount.com people can really f*** you around!

Better go check outside and see if its here yet......
Thats unlucky mate.... I must admit that the customer service from NCD.com is not the best. I dont know if it was the same for you, but I had to do nearly all the running to organise the delivery etc. NCD.com didnt really make any attempt to keep me posted on any developments either. It wasnt until somebody on here said, back in October, that the 172/Cups were being delayed that I knew anything about it. Still, its here now, and yours will be with you soon too..... Its DEFINITELY worth the wait.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by ben106rallye on 28 November 2003

i too am waiting for my cup from NCD. although they told me it would be here mid dec, initially, now its going to be tue prob
Nice one, youve done well there mate to get it so quick. I ordered mine(172) August the 8th and it came yesterday

i was surprised as i ordered it on the 14th nov!

thye did say last week that it may be here by sat, which would have been good cos its my bday. oh well

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 28 November 2003

Thats unlucky mate.... I must admit that the customer service from NCD.com is not the best. I dont know if it was the same for you, but I had to do nearly all the running to organise the delivery etc. NCD.com didnt really make any attempt to keep me posted on any developments either. It wasnt until somebody on here said, back in October, that the 172/Cups were being delayed that I knew anything about it. Still, its here now, and yours will be with you soon too..... Its DEFINITELY worth the wait.
EXACTLY the same for me...but I couldnt ignore the part-ex theyre giving me for my Mondeo so Ive just had to ride out the wait (for the last 18 f***ing weeks!!!!!):(

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 28 November 2003

It wasnt until somebody on here said, back in October, that the 172/Cups were being delayed that I knew anything about it.

That would have been me I think ;)

Not got my 172 yet, supposedly arriving at suppliers on the 8th. how long after should I expect to get the car based on your experience?

VaVa

Told me that it was expected at the dealers on the 24th. It was delivered on the 27th. Three days sounds about right, but what it is they actually do with it for three days Ill never know. I know they have to PDI it etc..... but three days?Who knows.