ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jacob's Inferno 225 Cup

340i
My last one sounded great with a decat, just hope with the system I've got now it's not going to be too loud.

It will be LOUD.
With a de-cat it will be identical to my old setup... Too loud IMO. That's why I've had an additional silencer fitted in the center.

Inferno 225 cup
Small update on the Orange side of things.

With it being Christmas and trying to save, my fuel line decided to corrode :( ( the only Megane to do this is Stevens who also lives in Scotland, must be something in the air )

Had that replaced which @MicKPM kindly replaced, with a lot of swearing, photos being taken and Mick being Mick, he finished the job till the end.

Think Mick has some photos of the condition of the pipe :(

Glad that's all sorted now and no more leaky petrol.

Ive taken delivery of r26 shocks and cooksport springs so they will get fitted along side, tre's, link stabilisers and bushes.

Megane r26
Small update on the Orange side of things.

With it being Christmas and trying to save, my fuel line decided to corrode :( ( the only Megane to do this is Stevens who also lives in Scotland, must be something in the air )

Had that replaced which @MicKPM kindly replaced, with a lot of swearing, photos being taken and Mick being Mick, he finished the job till the end.

Think Mick has some photos of the condition of the pipe :(

Glad that's all sorted now and no more leaky petrol.

Ive taken delivery of r26 shocks and cooksport springs so they will get fitted along side, tre's, link stabilisers and bushes.

Yeah seen the pics on micks FB, looks a right sod to get at!

What suspension is it running currently? Looked lowered at Donington

Inferno 225 cup
Awesome mate, you had new dampers or used?

I can't wait to fit all my stuff in the new year now due to work and that, giving it a full refresh suspension and steering and some shiney BC's lol

Exactly what I'm doing with the suspension and steering.

It's used shocks, will see how that setup goes. Was great on my old Megane.

Megane r26
Exactly what I'm doing with the suspension and steering.

It's used shocks, will see how that setup goes. Was great on my old Megane.

Yeah I've fitted cooksports on folks clios and I really rate them, apparently the springs are made by AST?

Seems highly recommend on RS megane too

Inferno 225 cup
Yeah I've fitted cooksports on folks clios and I really rate them, apparently the springs are made by AST?

Seems highly recommend on RS megane too

The best alternative to coilovers, the setup works so well.

Going to replace the bush as well, everyone raves on about that.

Some new tyres and maybe do a track day.

Maybe.

Megane r26
The best alternative to coilovers, the setup works so well.

Going to replace the bush as well, everyone raves on about that.

Some new tyres and maybe do a track day.

Maybe.

Yeah when I did a trackday at Donington there was r26 on the same setup and he seemed pleased and it looked composed.

Come join in there addictive as hell and the Meg seems so well placed on track!

225 Cup & Williams
Strange one about the fuel pipe mate. I've never heard of failing like that before.

The inner and outer TRE's were changed when the clutch was done btw.

Inferno 225 cup
Strange one about the fuel pipe mate. I've never heard of failing like that before.

The inner and outer TRE's were changed when the clutch was done btw.

That's good to know I've just ordered them :( suppose changing then won't hurt it lol.

Must be the Scottish air ;)

Inferno 225 cup
January update, 69,200miles.
Been gathering a small amount of parts as of late, most of them being suspension and steering related.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422113451.527577.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422114765.053941.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422113532.501459.jpg

Suspension wise, last week I had R26 shocks and cooksport springs fitted along with top-mounts and an RST 3' Decat.

In the 2nd box it's full of more suspension parts including. Link stabilisers, wishbone bushes,steering rack bush, ball joints, tre's and all that will be fitted shorty.

A new mikalor clamp from k-Tec for the exhaust, back box - centre section as the one on now is looking tatty + since having the Decat it's been doing a fair amount of popping, one that loud it took the back box of the centre section [emoji32]. Going to polish the exhaust back up before fitting the parts along with new hangers.

Got to say that Harry in the k-tech racing sales dept was fantastic, I forgot to mention the car when I ordered the clamp and he automatically sent me a u-clamp out, rang him back the following day after delivery (Wednesday) and he sent me the right clamp out FOC.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422114417.361756.jpg

So thanks for that. [emoji1]

630cc injectors have turned up after selling my old ones, and possibly going for mapping at the back end of February to tweak the map since fitting the itg kit and Decat. Unsure of the power it will make but with having Manley con rods and ARP bolts Paul can push it a little bit more [emoji16][emoji16].

Here's a poor/ very poor pic after a quick jet wash down, not properly cleaned it since French car show :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422114636.557402.jpg

Shows you how nice it's sitting on them springs though.

Hopefully when everything has been fit suspension wise il be tackling the brakes as they're coming up to be done.

Inferno 225 cup
I wish @Knuckles would love something heavy :)

It's things that need to be done @Phase1sr well most of it, I just want to get it how I want it.

I told my wife (last March) I'm capping my spending with the weddings and honeymoon and stuff, so gradually buying again, although I'm looking every 5minutes for a new house :(