ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jailbreaking: A Guide... & Best Features.

Bus w**ker
I've been having bother with the Ayecon theme and Auxo, couldn't upgrade them as it was coming up with error messages so removed them and went to reinstall, but it kept popping up with 'hash sum mismatch' and 'HTTP error' messages, any ideas? Still on 6.1 (iPhone5).

That's usually a problem with the repo. Just give it a while and try again.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Okay I have no idea where to look and where's trusted for a jailbreak for my phone. There are 53 pages on the subject here and 10000 times that if I try googling it.

Anyone able to help? I've got an iPhone 4S and am currently running 6.1.2

Also can I revert easily once I've jail broken if I want too?

Bus w**ker
No it's really that simple, even a r****d like you can do it. Worst case something goes wrong and your restore to vanilla and use your backup to get everything else back. I'd personally backup to iTunes, it's quicker to restore from than iCloud.

Unlocking gives you additional benefits that Apple don't want you to have. What these benefits are, are up to you and which JB apps you install. It's worth jailbreaking your phone for LockInfo alone IMO, but there are some amazing JB apps.

What is Vanilla?

Also, the pikey in me is now talking, are these JB apps free or like the normal App Store? Can you still access normal Apple things afterwards?

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
What is Vanilla?

Also, the pikey in me is now talking, are these JB apps free or like the normal App Store? Can you still access normal Apple things afterwards?

Should have just text me you mong, I'm rarely on CS now. Anyway Vanilla is a clean version of software, so basically iOS how Apple want you to have it.

A lot are free but the really popular ones range from 40p to £3 via Cydia (which is where Apple stole the idea from the App Store from) - probably some more expensive than that but I've never seen them. There are ways around paying but it's not something I'd actively promote. You'll still have full access to the App Store and any apps you have already purchased/downloaded etc.

Going to un JB mine .. Battery is s**t!

It'll be apps that you're running, not the JB itself. Auxo for example is a memory hog and battery killer.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Best thing to do is look on YouTube for videos that show you different apps so you know what ones you want..I done this the other After jb'ing my iPad.

How can I 'unjailbreak' my iPhone but keep all my s**t like photos and contacts and apps etc?

I don't want to lose anything. Just the jailbreak.

I'm on 5. something on an old 3GS. Can I just plug it into iTunes and update to 6. whatever it's on now and job's a good'un?

You loose your apps but not your pictures or contacts,after your backed up your phone just update it. Worked for me.

This has never happened to me before? I removed the JB on my iPad within a week of it doing it and didn't lose anything (other than the JB, obviously).

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
If anyone wants to block a number from texting them, iBlacklist is great. That is all. Lol

1.2 Clio Dynamique
I have previously jail broken my 4s and then restored it I have downloaded sky go and it won't play anything because it says it won't play on jail broken devices any help?

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Found this cool "Renault sport" icon that replaces your carrier name if anyone is interested!

7F20A134-B2EA-47B0-8157-DCF84D1C176D-21925-00000B2EF4873B0D_zps018d893c.jpg

Just installed FLATICON, very clean looking theme, not far from some of the wp8 stuff and rumours are iOS 7 is going to be flat like this. Just done a quick video to show you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
So, I backed my iPhone 5 up a week before the jailbreak was available for it, if I were to restore from that date I'm assuming I'd lose all the contacts I've acquired since then and photos/music etc?

:(

Edit: Just read above, lol.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Links in the OP dont show anything for 6.1.3 so im assuming its not yet available? or im blind? Im new to this jail breaking stuff and want to JB my iPad3

AFAIK there is nothing for 6.1.3 or 6.1.4. Exploits have been found but they are waiting to see if those still exist in IOS7 final release, so you will have to wait a month for a jailbreak I think...

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
AFAIK there is nothing for 6.1.3 or 6.1.4. Exploits have been found but they are waiting to see if those still exist in IOS7 final release, so you will have to wait a month for a jailbreak I think...

Ah no worries... Il have to keep checking in...

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would also like to know what the point in jail breaking is, What will / can my phone do if this is broken ?

Cupra
Piracy is probably the only reason TBH. I don't bother anymore as all the tweaks I used to use are now standard iOS functions.

I'd rather have a secure phone and stable and reliable updates than to skimp on a few £ for some apps.

Hardly any tweaks are available in iOS. The benefits are the ability to change and theme many aspects of your phone like you should be able to do out of the box. Different system fonts, keyboard colour, remove icon labels, make icons bigger or smaller, lock screen widgets. So many customisable items. Then you have some excellent apps that apple don't do, like ProTube; a better youtube app with the ability to download in HD. A better camera app with so many more features including custom frame rates on video.

I left iOS for android after being massively underwhelmed with the 5S. Android OS is much better when you are an advanced user, however a working jailbreak may convince me to return. It will certainly be going on my iPads and make iOS what it should be.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I left iOS for android after being massively underwhelmed with the 5S. Android OS is much better when you are an advanced user, however a working jailbreak may convince me to return. It will certainly be going on my iPads and make iOS what it should be.

I'm an advanced user but Android annoyed me so much that I swapped back, everything seemed like it was over complicated and could be simpler.. I much prefer the simplicity of iOS in comparison.