ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jamie's boosted bean

182 Cup & DCi 172
Re: Jamie's inferno 182

I spoke to Andy last week about getting my Inferno in for one of these conversions - his work is superb.

Any idea on the power/torque its kicking out?

Rob

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Its running 225.5 just now the reason being that the clutch started to slip on the dyno. So once the clutch is replaced, decat and new filter Andy says it should be good for around the 240 mark. Not to sure on torque just now. Once its all sorted il get a proper dyno print out and post it up!

It will hopefully get a little more subtle once that red hose is replaced with a black one, I wanted to keep in kind of subtle!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Can confirm, this is awesome. Once the mounts are changed it'll be much more pleasant!

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Can confirm, this is awesome. Once the mounts are changed it'll be much more pleasant!

Mounts, filter, clutch and decat and it should be awesome!

Looks awesome!

Those white wheels don't actually look too bad either!

Cheers buddy, they have grown on me massively. I hated them when I first put them on but i'm glad I stuck it out!

looks ace, make sure to get some heat shielding around your brake reservoir too

Will do! Cheers!

Looks great!

Boost is thoroughly good fun.

So glad we both have them back! Good work Andy! haha

love boost :)

Ive decided I do too ;)

those sparco seats in first picture? what they called i want these!

If you mean the ones on the first page they are Sparco Torino's :)

Cheers dude :)

Clio 172 182 197 200
Great stuff Jamie.

Few bits to finish still as the supplier let me down, She goes well indeed, But the clutch was a sickner!!! :(

Andy :)

Ph2 172
The temptation to boost my car is getting too strong. Keep seeing Andy working on these conversions and struggle to keep my sensible head on!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The temptation to boost my car is getting too strong. Keep seeing Andy working on these conversions and struggle to keep my sensible head on!

Dont go in one then!

it just feels SO right in a clio with about 250bhp and 250lbft etc instead of the pathetic 170bhp and 150lbft that they start with, the chassis is far too good for that!

Ph2 172
Andy has taken me in one. (Un)fortunately the clutch was slipping so I didn't get the full effect.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shame the standard clutch is such a limit on these, adds a fair bit to the hassle of doing it to have to change the clutch too.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What's that Chip?? £3k + my clio for your black boosted one?

Lol, sadly its a lot more than 3K to get from a standard car to the spec of mine, over half that just for the diff and the gearbox rebuild and the clutch, same amount again for engine internals (rods/pistons/valves/head studs etc) few hundred quid on gaskets and belts few hundred on other rebuild parts like pumps and bearings, so you are already a grand over budget at that point, and then you have the actual turbo conversion and aftermarket to come up with still once that is done which is going to be best part of a couple of K all in. So its at least 6K in parts alone for the engine and box and turbo conversion, and thats before you get to another couple of grand for the 6 pot brakes and coilovers and trendlines etc.

So I think its probably 8K in parts, thats assuming you can do all the building and mapping etc yourself.
Shame, cause they are great fun.

Inferno 225 cup
Lol, sadly its a lot more than 3K to get from a standard car to the spec of mine, over half that just for the diff and the gearbox rebuild and the clutch, same amount again for engine internals (rods/pistons/valves/head studs etc) few hundred quid on gaskets and belts few hundred on other rebuild parts like pumps and bearings, so you are already a grand over budget at that point, and then you have the actual turbo conversion and aftermarket to come up with still once that is done which is going to be best part of a couple of K all in. So its at least 6K in parts alone for the engine and box and turbo conversion, and thats before you get to another couple of grand for the 6 pot brakes and coilovers and trendlines etc.

So I think its probably 8K in parts, thats assuming you can do all the building and mapping etc yourself.
Shame, cause they are great fun.

f**k you Chip.

:)
I've seen the price of a gripper diff didn't think they would be that expensive :-( mine needs rebuilding if it wasn't that much more I would of gone for it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
f**k you Chip.

:)
I've seen the price of a gripper diff didn't think they would be that expensive :-( mine needs rebuilding if it wasn't that much more I would of gone for it.

Quaiffe diff I have is about 900 if you get a deal (1100 retail), clutch is 400, then a gearbox rebuild on top makes sense, so pushes it over 1500 (plus a bit more for new fluid of course)

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Fancy selling the rs2 and boosting the cup sometimes. Need to pull the engine out so the gearbox can be rebuilt next month. Good idea to put a stronger clutch on while access is there?

Fancy selling the rs2 and boosting the cup sometimes. Need to pull the engine out so the gearbox can be rebuilt next month. Good idea to put a stronger clutch on while access is there?

Only problem is the paddle clutches are not very nice to use..

But yes I'd say if you are looking to run boost (soon) then go for it.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what clutch to go for! Helix organic sounds good though! Just as nice as stock is appealing to me! Although can probs get a CHEAP second hand 4 paddle clutch that was on Stu. supercharged sunflower for a while ;) hehe

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I had a Helix 6 paddle on the charged one, The helix 4 paddle + helix pressure plate was on the Turbo.

Clio 172 182 197 200
i can supply a Helix 4 paddle at a good price, dont be tempted to go for one of there cheap four paddles as you WILL be replacing it every 6 months :)

Gauage wise DO NOT buy a AFR one, i tell you now you will crash the car, as youll be glued onto looking at it and not the road,

Boost Gauage isn't needed as well the car doesn't run much boost to have to make sure its gong to over boost and blow up,

IMO a oil pressure and oil temp gauge is all you need :) on a low blow car :)

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
i can supply a Helix 4 paddle at a good price, dont be tempted to go for one of there cheap four paddles as you WILL be replacing it every 6 months :)

Gauage wise DO NOT buy a AFR one, i tell you now you will crash the car, as youll be glued onto looking at it and not the road,

Boost Gauage isn't needed as well the car doesn't run much boost to have to make sure its gong to over boost and blow up,

IMO a oil pressure and oil temp gauge is all you need :) on a low blow car :)

Il be in touch at some point to get a clutch from you! Is it difficult to change?

Will be getting an oil temp and pressure soon as well. Just bought a decat so will stick that on when it arrives!

Thanks for your help Andy!

TWS

LY 182 Turbo
your car looks mint mate :approve: I'm going for the black pipe work etc too

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Was back down at andy's yesterday. Got the solid engine mounts fitted so the turbo/down pipe no longer knocks off the bulkhead which is good! Got the juddering at 2800 rpm sorted as well thanks to Andrew Carr the mapper which is good! Got the decat fitted as well, it sounds really well, not too loud until your on boost and then it sounds awesome, Will try and get a video some time soon! Also got the smaller air filter on which looks much better.

Got a high pitched whistling when coming on boost which Andy thinks it a small boost leak so will try and get that sorted too!

The car drives really well and i'm really happy with it!

Big thumbs up to @Andyrg, he has sorted my every need including sending some shiny pipes up to me to change the black ones out as I think the silver pipes look better! He even offered to buy me lunch but I couldn't let him do that after all he has done for me!