ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

JMS 182 Racecar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
We haven't stated yet actually but all in good time.
It's a bit complicated but we basically have some backing from a 'silent' sponsor who wants to help out a mutual friend of mine and his who has started his own business buying and selling a particular car marque that's close to my heart so it's his name going on the car.
He's also designing the cars livery so nothing has been finalised. We just know the basic idea.

It sounds a bit ott but I think it'll look pretty cool if we can pull it off. :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
^^^^^ from that description it could be me, flogging all sorts of tat and insisting on a ruddy great big Failsport logo on the side of the car, with a small ginger man riding an angle grinder on the bonnet ...

;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Stealthsport? Is that the 'company' that is 'run' by Louis Spence off of Pineapple Dance Studio? ;)

Failsport will of course get a mention on the car though. I'm sure we can find room for a sticker saying 'supplied by Failsport' on the underside of the subframe or inside the passenger door...:p

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
A good point Tim.

Well this is how the car was left last night. Wrapped up ready for painting.

Mask.jpgMask2.jpg

Last edited:
17/5/11

Recieved the car back today from Ollie & Panelwise.

Over the moon with the work quality, the guys really went to town on it!

142.jpg

143.jpg

144.jpg

146.jpg

Now the fun begins, calibration is due on the 31st with Mr Faulks!!

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Note the lack of dents in the roof Chris...:rasp:

Im dead chuffed with the results. Turned around in under 4 working days as well.......it would have been painted Friday but we were short of that particular paint (two pack semi matt black).

We also removed a considerable amout of sound deadening tar and unwanted metal work, most notably the reinforcement strip in the drivers footwell and various brackets. These we removed the proper way, by drilling out the spot welds rather than just taking an angle grinder to them (much to Mikes disappoinment ;))

Anyway, its now back into Tom's and James' domain so (hopefully) serious progress gets made over the next 7/10 days!

Last edited:
  Saab 93 Aero Wagon
To prove how light it currently is, my brother (my build) and another of our painters, Kev (not exactly 'aerodynamic') both lifted the rear of the car up when we were pushing it onto the flatbed!

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
how are the seats mounted in this? sumamt to do with the boxing out towards the rear of the door openings?

(sorry if its been mentioned earlier!!!!)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
how are the seats mounted in this? sumamt to do with the boxing out towards the rear of the door openings?

(sorry if its been mentioned earlier!!!!)

Indeed. You should be able to see the two holes in the box sections. Tom is making up two L shaped mounts that will then bolt directly to the seat side mounts on either side.
The seating position is made to measure to our considerably lanky frames, hence why we've moved the seating position, steering wheel and gearstick position further back.

Clio 172 Cup
bloody hell just finished reading (flicking) all 32 pages, that is one hell of a clio, hope it gets updated soon, the finished product will be something really special

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Nothing wrong with an angle grinder Ollie.

Oh i've nothing against a bit of grinding Tony.....I've attacked our doors with one. I also took an airsaw and a Dremel to the front bumper last night (a la Nick) and it now weighs the thin end of fook all.
I stopped short of cutting holes out of the number plate area though....

Golf GTD Mk7
Oh i've nothing against a bit of grinding Tony.....I've attacked our doors with one. I also took an airsaw and a Dremel to the front bumper last night (a la Nick) and it now weighs the thin end of fook all.
I stopped short of cutting holes out of the number plate area though....

Yeah not a fan of the bumper holes. what did you manage to skim off the bumper to make it ligter? Presumably the bottom piece that goes under the car?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Removed both of the plastic crash structures, the upright sections of lower 'bib' and other unwanted bits of plastic and then set about completely removing the fog light area.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
It's nice to see you are taking inspiration (copying) Nick's race car.

I suppose it's a bit like everyone trying to catch up with the Redbull's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.