ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec Stealth Exhaust Fitting Advice

Clio 172
Finally got my new stealth exhaust on Friday so decided to fit it on Saturday using ramps...went quite smoothly apart from having to grind off the heavly rusted cat bolts and reversing over the brand new tube of exhaust paste !!!! :mad:
Got it started up and it sounded lovely, until I offered to give a lift to some fat people whose weight caused the suspension to sink and my new exhausted to bash off the rear axle over every bump !!
Back under the car on Sunday, thinking it would be easy to make the neccessary adjustments but noooo, I couldn't budge the exhaust because of the past I used, I had take the whole thing off and start again :mad:

Its all sorted now, but if your considering buying and fitting yourself make sure you have enough clearance above the rear axle, mine now clears by about inch and a half.

P.s People who say the K-tec stealth exhaust is not noisy, are lying !! I like it but think I might get sick of it in my old age

Civic Type-R
Yup is a mission to get it fitted in the right place, I had to take it to 3 garages before it was fitted right. Is hanging pretty low in the middle at the moment as the metal bracket has fallen down again! Ye it is pretty loud especially below 3k revs but you get used to it.

VaVa
Basically, the Ktec stealth is s**t. Bad design and bad build. And evryone has had problems getting the tw4t to fit.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
We never have problems fitting this exhaust and we have sold enough to know there does not seem to be a problem. Obviously having the car on a ramp and having experience fitting the system does help but I certainly would not say the system is a bad design or a bad fit. They also now have a welded on centre hanger to prevent any movement and we find the systems tend to quieten down after they have been on the car a while.

We also put a lifetime guarantee on the system to show we are perfectly happy with the quality.

David.

Burgandy 174 sport t
I have one too and whilst its not the best I am ever likely to see it was cheap and I could get it very quick which I needed as the original fell off. Also Im sure it says on the website that it is the exact same as the other exhausts they sell only with no tail pipe there for just as loud?!?! The revised centre section hanger seems to have worked ok so far aswell after breaking off and leaving it hanging only on the rear mount (wonder how long that rubber mount is gonna last now) and I was still out of pocket after having to pay for fitment of the warranty section again.

pay for what u get n all that!!

Turbos.
Agreed. When i got my first k-tec exhaust it didn't fit that well but Trevor at k-tec took literally 30 secs to re-fit it perfectly (and polished it FOC). It's just a shame Dorset is a 3 hour drive away otherwise i'd get my stealth sorted there too...

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
If anyone has any problems and can get their car to us we will gladly fit the system for free. It is the least we could do

Like I said, experience can help and if anyone would like any tips before or during fitting any of our systems please give us a call and we will only be too happy to help.

David.

Clio 172
K-Tec Racing said:
We never have problems fitting this exhaust and we have sold enough to know there does not seem to be a problem. Obviously having the car on a ramp and having experience fitting the system does help but I certainly would not say the system is a bad design or a bad fit. They also now have a welded on centre hanger to prevent any movement and we find the systems tend to quieten down after they have been on the car a while.

We also put a lifetime guarantee on the system to show we are perfectly happy with the quality.

David.

I do put my problems down to in-experience of fitting the exhaust, but I would have been helped by an A4 sheet with simple photographic instructions and care points, like 'dont reverse over the exhaust paste'.
In summary the exhaust is of a high qaulity at nice price and does not rattle on the mounts if fitted correctly, it is loud and I will see how that goes with time. However, basic instructions would be nice.

Paul