ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Project Blog

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I'm more concerned about the fact you know what the rest look like naked than the fact you've obviously imagined me in that state.. lol.

I'm not overly sure about this wrinkle paint business, but time will tell!

Clio 1.6L 16V
1 thou is 0.0254mm

= 0.254mm

You skimmed the head of the engine by 10 thou and you had problems with clearance between valve and piston?? and you are running stock piston so it's impossible that you had problems with the clearance valve/piston if you skimmed 10 thou. Why do you have the pressure of the cylinder at 240 psi if you skimmed 10thou. I think that it's to much pressure for the skimmed. These are only my thoughts.

I had skimmed the head of my engine by more than 20 thou and my pressure it's around 220psi I'm running stock cams and I didn't had problem with the clearance valve/piston, cheers.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Then, another disaster! We were convinced the bent valves were because of clearance issues but after the engine was built, we put the timing tools on and whipped the belt off the crank pulley tp check it before we went ahead. There was a chunk of metal in it that must have been wedged in the covers somewhere along the line, this has chucked the belt forward or back a tooth causimg the bent valves. So at 6pm, we couldn't do much more! Ben's getting a belt in the morning and hopefully it'll be ready for mapping wednesday.

Clio 1.6L 16V
Then, another disaster! We were convinced the bent valves were because of clearance issues but after the engine was built, we put the timing tools on and whipped the belt off the crank pulley tp check it before we went ahead. There was a chunk of metal in it that must have been wedged in the covers somewhere along the line, this has chucked the belt forward or back a tooth causimg the bent valves. So at 6pm, we couldn't do much more! Ben's getting a belt in the morning and hopefully it'll be ready for mapping wednesday.

Well all that I'm saying it's that he could ask here at the forum if someone had skimmed the head of the K4M and if that person had problems with the clearance valve/piston. Me in this case could had help him, best luck dude want to see this car running.

M

mini-valver

Done a fair bit today, was supposed to run the engine but the ecu and laptop didnt want to know each other. Bens been over to Rob from VEMS so should all be sorted soon!

Positive thinking leads to positive action.

ECU's are fine, it was the wrong firmware on them so it wouldnt communicate with my software version, nothing wrong with the car, loom, ecu.

E36 M3. 182
So whats the final spec for this K4M project car??? Theres probably more interest in this thread than many think, with more and more people buying the K4M powered clios as they get cheaper!!! I know Ive been watching (admiring) its progress from afar!!!!!!!

Last edited:
M

mini-valver

Aye, I'll upload some photo's in the morning!

Spec is-
Cat cams 704
AWT headwork
AC removed with custom alternator brackets
Custom AWT plenum with 172 throttle body and injectors
VEMS engine management and wideband
Pencil coils ditched for coilpack and leads
Prospeed cat back with Supersprint decat.

No idea on power output as its a complete unknown. Looks pretty though ;)

E36 M3. 182
So a new (custom) inlet plenum, with a worked head and slightly lairy cams and a decent exhaust with an aftermarket ecu?? As well as a few other custom touches (ditching the pencil coils etc..) On the stock bottom end??? Revving to 6.5 k????

M

mini-valver

So a new (custom) inlet plenum, with a worked head and slightly lairy cams and a decent exhaust with an aftermarket ecu?? As well as a few other custom touches (ditching the pencil coils etc..) On the stock bottom end??? Revving to 6.5 k????

Will be revving to a few hundred RPM after peak power. Im gonna be running it in at FCS as its had rings on cylinder one, then back to the rolling road for a proper map when I can rev it. I'd of thought 7500 though.
Looks pretty though ;)

That eyeliner has sent you all girly ....

You have no idea Treen ;) Must catch(hook) up at FCS fella!

M

mini-valver

Reet, few more pics of the car. Got to AWT early, Ben was inside scratching his head about why the ecu wouldnt connect so he went over to the guy that supplys them to sort it out.
First, gave the brakes a tidy up and quick paint, will clean the arches etc after FCS when I have some time....
DSC00122.jpg

Randomn one of the inside with the ECU and loom in the passenger well, Im going to make a box for it to sit it as far under the seat as my subframe will let me!
DSC00124.jpg

Slam panel, radiator with the 2 little fans (needed to remove the stonking standard one for space), coolant hoses and expeanion bottle fitted. At this point, I'd put the driveshafts, dogbone and gear linkage back together aswell with the help of Trung, Ben's mechanic...

DSC00125.jpg

I was going to rip all the airbag loom out, so took the dash top off and all seat wiring, then realised Id need the whole dash off, so put it back together until I have more time, lol. Whacked the bumper back on and played about with the bonnet alignment but as its a non gen its a shite fit anyway, got one ready to fit before FCS though so should be reet!

How it stands now, waiting for mapping and for me to try and blag someone to do my sidestrips before saturday!
DSC00127.jpg