ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Clio 172 recessed exhaust and genuine Renault 182 exhaust manifold w/decat.

Clio 172
Hi!

I've finally got my first Clio 172 after wanting one since 2000 :) There are ufortunately very few of these in Norway :(

There are probably some similar therds here, but I hope you can share your experiences.
I'm looking for a exhaust upgrade and after doing some research I've found the KTR Clio 172 recessed exhaust at K-tec's homepage. I think this looks nice. Anyone who has any experience with this? I don't want too moch noice, but better looks and more bhp. I also wonder if a 182 exhaust manifold w/decat upgrade is worth the money?

In advance thanks!

Clio 172 RS2
Hi Erik,

Do a search on the KTR Stealth or Yozza Sport... lately quite popular topics.

I just went for a Stealth by BTB Exhaust.
(posted some detailed photos, so you can make up your mind when choosing a exhaust)
Website is here for more info.: www.stealth4clio.co.uk >>> see CS Members pricing!

Hi!

I've finally got my first Clio 172 after wanting one since 2000 :) There are ufortunately very few of these in Norway :(

There are probably some similar therds here, but I hope you can share your experiences.
I'm looking for a exhaust upgrade and after doing some research I've found the KTR Clio 172 recessed exhaust at K-tec's homepage. I think this looks nice. Anyone who has any experience with this? I don't want too moch noice, but better looks and more bhp. I also wonder if a 182 exhaust manifold w/decat upgrade is worth the money?

In advance thanks!

I love the looks of the KTR recessed exhaust but if I had to pick an exhaust again I would get a Yozzasport race system. I have gone through so many rear exhaust mounts, the recessed system seems to be very heavy. Even when packing the exhaust mount it eventually kills whatever it is packed with.

Clio 172
Thanks for the advice guys!

After reading a couple threads it seems that the Yozza Sport Stealth with decat is the right way to go. I'm looking for a system that is silent enough for everday use, lightweight and gives increased preformance. What do you think?

R Clio RS 2.0 Sport
Hey Eric,

Im looking for the same YOZZA exhaust update! Definitly the main update are the manifolds without them the exhaust won't bring us much difference!

I just found this manifolds:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5197c0b7e9

Is this good quality or what? It will crack soon? Any available report?[/FONT] :)

Cheers from Portugal
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]
[/FONT]

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have the original 172 manifold on mine, thought about the 182 manifold before but decided against it.

Apparently a lot of work to change the manifold and it gives more torque rather than bhp.

Lionel Richie
Ricardo don't waste your time with the 182 manifold, it won't give you any more power, just a bit more torque (i got your e-mail which i will reply to)

secret
Im having my 182 manifold fitted weds, is this a bad decision? My mods are

Catcam 428
Matched inlets
Remap
K&N panel filter
Decat wen manifold fitted

Help fred lol :)

R Clio RS 2.0 Sport
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Hey Fred,

Thanks for your comment!

Well, for what i have been reading the 182 exhaust manifold was the main responsible for the 10HP increase of the 172! Is that completely wrong? In your opinion were did they get the extra 10HP? Just from a different electronic management?

I just add a BMC CDA, that the only mod i have in the engine! I was planning also to add the 182 manifolds and a new stainless steel exhaust!

Definitely i will wait for your answer! Appreciate that! ;)

Greetings[/FONT]

R Clio RS 2.0 Sport
Hey Wocka,

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Which exhaust are you planning to fit in the manifolds? it will be with the 182 look, with double central exit?

Greetings[/FONT]

Clio 172
Hey Eric,

Im looking for the same YOZZA exhaust update! Definitly the main update are the manifolds without them the exhaust won't bring us much difference!

I just found this manifolds:

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5197c0b7e9[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Is this good quality or what? It will crack soon? Any available report?[/FONT] :)

Cheers from Portugal

Hi Ricardo!

Sorry for the late respond. It seems like the 182 exhaust manifold isn't worth the cost.
Good luck with the Yozza exhaust! I'm really looking forward to getting one :evil:

R Clio RS 2.0 Sport
[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]So...which main differences you notice with the exhaust fitted in the 182 manifolds? [/FONT]