ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It began with Darin, who founded the Lancer Turbo Register, which catered for the Lancer 2000 Turbo long before the Evo's were on the scene. He ran it for years and years through its boom and bust, then eventually sold it a couple of years back to VS as @R3k1355 said.

I’ve known Darin since about ‘99 and he put a lot of his life into the LTR/MLR and fair play to him for getting something back and selling up. He always had an old Lancer 2000 Turbo, I’m not sure if he still has it. IIRC he once let Stig Blomqvist pedal it around Combe years back.
Nice - he seemed to run it actually as a business and it seemed a lot more 'professional' with him at the helm. I recall seeing that trip he did over to Japan some years back and reading about it.

The magazine was great in the day - used to look forward to that being delivered.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Nice - he seemed to run it actually as a business and it seemed a lot more 'professional' with him at the helm. I recall seeing that trip he did over to Japan some years back and reading about it.

The magazine was great in the day - used to look forward to that being delivered.

My first track-day was in 1999 aged 14, with the old man at an LTR/MLR day at Cadwell and I had many a Spa trip with them in the mid 2000's. Great times. But, times change.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well that’s fucked it. Car is now sat at C1-R as they have closed. Now waiting for them to reopen so it can be mapped and mot’d.

Probably 6 f**king months so the chances are I won’t even get to drive it this year ffs.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
VS in my personal experience are total internet scroats. Useless in any form of nurturing what they've bought and letting them die out.

Yea but it was hilarious at the total shitshow they made of MX5Nutz:

Bought the forum, a short while later they decided to migrate it to "their system".
Totally botched the transfer, lost literally everything. Didn't seem to give the slightest f**k either.

The only thing that saved the entire forum was the previous owner having an old backup.

Utter monkeys.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Well that’s fucked it. Car is now sat at C1-R as they have closed. Now waiting for them to reopen so it can be mapped and mot’d.

Probably 6 f**king months so the chances are I won’t even get to drive it this year ffs.

I did wonder if that would happen mate. Sent everything to pot this shite has. Will they not let you collect it? I know you shouldn't be anyway

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
jzRGov7.jpg

Had a lovely job removing the rear window tints on Sunday, then rolled it around the cul-de-sac.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah I was tempted to put an offer in but 5 RS prices are silly right now.

This car looks ok, other than the fact he had it undersealed in March (been in the UK since 2006). I'm set to look at the 7RS after lockdown ends, just keeping my options open

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that doesn't look like bubbly underseal yet, would need a good inspection underneath though.

I don't think you'd lose anything on that 5RS at that money, that's the crazy thing. I know of one that had high mileage, but condition was amazing and it's gone for more than that. With the 25 year rule fast approaching, now's the time to get into a 5/6 and tuck it away.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
You're not helping. :LOL:

It's a little out of budget financially (The 5RS) thanks to the uncertainty with COVID and work for me. Always the way. I'm sure it won't hang about, either.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several

That's beautiful, but I bet it will never been driven properly ever again. They're getting like Cossies now unfortunately. It's nice to see them preserved, but they're all about driving, not polishing.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
That's beautiful, but I bet it will never been driven properly ever again. They're getting like Cossies now unfortunately. It's nice to see them preserved, but they're all about driving, not polishing.

TBH with all that's going on I'm not so sure now is a good time to be thinking about long term values or investments. If past trends are anything to go by we could be looking at a drop in assets soon. I'm not saying we will, it could go either way...As Adam says, the 25-year rule being up will raise demand still.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
So good.

A random post from CPP Developments popped up on my Facebook before so I spent a while looking at shiny stuff.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
do any mystic megs think prices are gonna go silly on these? i’ve got a few people wanting to buy mine but i don’t wanna get rid of it and it ending up being worth a fortune in the future.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I think (and hope) that the 5/6 will go silly once they hit 25 years old. They're the special ones in the range, have appeal worldwide and crucially weren't available in the US.

The 8/9/10 were all available in the USA from new, and I don't think will ever get the 'R32 GTR' price effect.

A 7/8/9 will still be an appreciating asset, as more and more rust away and get broken into pieces.