ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last night the clio saved my life

soon to be a 200
Some old git pulled out in front of me and the wife on a b road i was doing about 45-50 mph on the way to the gym at a T junction he pulls out 20 yards head and then stops as he sees my car the wife started to scream and tried to put on her imaginary brakes she seems to have on the passenger side i took evasive action thinking sh*t its the car or the hedge row but no the little trophy holds the road gos around the car with only the flicker of some light on the dash . When i got to the gym we both had to empty our pants . So thanks little trophy i owe you one :star:

arrh bless the clio!! glad ur ok tho.. i reckon after a certain age old peeps should retake their test cos they are dangerous!!

Two pairs of pants ruined and a valuable lesson in what ABS is designed to do!

Most people think it's there to help you stop quicker but actually it's primary function is to allow you to retain control of the vehicle under hard braking enabling you to steer around obstacles even during an emergency stop!

It's a shame people aren't taught this normally and have to find out either through experience or car control sessions! I wonder how many accidents would be avoided if people new that even under full braking ABS allows you to steer your car around the obstacle your about to hit?

You can replicate ABS by pumping your brake pedal as effectively that's all ABS does in it rawest form. It's only in addition to TCS and ESP etc... that it can vary the braking at each wheel....

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Sounds like you did abit of extremely quick thinking and the car responded very well to your demands. Well done mate, glad you're ok. :D

Striped track ****
this happend to me tuesday morning doing 50-55 in a nations and some old women thought she whould pull out....i slamed my brakes it was wet so had to pump the brakes hard to stop me from skiding she just carried on pulling out didnt even see me i skidded round her so close to a oak tree....she didnt have a clue any of this was going on

soon to be a 200
I was sure we were going to end up in the hedge . I could here them cutting the tree down for our coffins . I was going to sell it but no chance now .

I was sure we were going to end up in the hedge . I could here them cutting the tree down for our coffins . I was going to sell it but no chance now .

I like that one. I'll have to use it,

Sorry to hear about your brown pants moment.

133/225/CLS AMG
I'd say that was a good dose of natural good driving abililty!!

A lot of people would just stamp on the brakes and hope they don't hit someone. To some its very unatural to actually try and stop, and steer at the same time!! lol

Glad you didn't smash up you Clio or yourself though mate.

Megane Mk4
You can replicate ABS by pumping your brake pedal as effectively that's all ABS does in it rawest form. It's only in addition to TCS and ESP etc... that it can vary the braking at each wheel....
You'd have to pump them bloody quickly to replicate ABS...

Doesn't ABS apply and release the pressure something like 30/40 times a second? It'd take quite a lot to replicate that.

At least you and the wife are ok Keeper, just be glad it wasn't more serious than it was.