ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leeRS Clio Sport 172 ph2

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
cheers guys.
ran out of petrol on the way out tonight, had to get the Mrs to bring me 5l lmao. First time ive ever done it, felt like a right tit.
I don't have a machine polisher @ADS1982 nope. I do it all by hand :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
serious just the front bumper and bonnet ,this will leave you enough for a gallon of fuel in the boot :grinning:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
im having my roof painted next week,too ocd m8,any plans for the car in the summer?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
just want to keep it clean really. New exhaust system is on the books first as this one is blowing quite badly now and then matched inlets.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
m8 in the summer no problem at all,my roof is going in for painting,got get alloys refurbed,tuesday its having discs and pads all round tyres,oil change again,cooksports fitted and the ktec ind kit fitted,i shouldnt have joined this forum i spend more on the car than anything

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
WP_20150321_12_34_01_Pro.jpg
Well, it would of been rude not to with the sun out.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
ha, me too.
adds 10bhp easy.
looking forward to oulton now, it will be as shiny as this, this time. Was filthy last time after the sat nav took me down that road with 1000 pot holes.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since I posted in here.
Lately I feel down on power... I don't know if its ive just got used to the car now and it feels normal, or something is a-miss.
As a gauge for speed, I'm hitting 60 in second gear and about 90 in third untill I hit the limiter. (not done this to many times but had to test)
Then, at the lights I had a golf gtdi next to me and I couldn't pull on him.
Is it just me or am I under power bottom end? Once in up in the revs it feels fine but off the line I just feel like I'm in a "normal" car.
I know the 172 isn't fast, fast but you know when you cant make your mind up if something is off or not?
Not enjoying Clio at the moment, to many things cropping up.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
You might need to log the car with the Rs tuner if you still have it or get it on a dyno and get someone to log your afr, might be pulling back timing for some reason, best to diagnose it. Otherwise they are underpowered in a straight line, only in the tight and twisty bits will it maul most cars.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Like above really. Strong points aren't straight line speed and sadly modern deals are way better than they were

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose. Everyone else who gets in it thinks its fast. Must just be me.
New tyres going on this week as well so will help with a bit of grip :)
Don't sell your Clio by the way you nutter.

Been a while since I posted in here.
Lately I feel down on power... I don't know if its ive just got used to the car now and it feels normal, or something is a-miss.
As a gauge for speed, I'm hitting 60 in second gear and about 90 in third untill I hit the limiter. (not done this to many times but had to test)
Then, at the lights I had a golf gtdi next to me and I couldn't pull on him.
Is it just me or am I under power bottom end? Once in up in the revs it feels fine but off the line I just feel like I'm in a "normal" car.
I know the 172 isn't fast, fast but you know when you cant make your mind up if something is off or not?
Not enjoying Clio at the moment, to many things cropping up.

From what you've described it does sound slightly off. Comparing it against a torquey diesel is pointless really. Once they are rolling assuming similar sort of power and a much bigger torque advantage it's hard to for the clio to reel in as once you're in your power band the diesels have moved 1 or 2 car lengths ahead IME.

Quite hard to make up that ground that way. Over a longer stretch of road you probably would catch up..

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
On the way back from oulton a bit ago me and my sisters fella had a play from the slip road onto the motorway. He a has a 330d coupe thing. My clio was quicker by a few lengths and that was rolling :)

On the way back from oulton a bit ago me and my sisters fella had a play from the slip road onto the motorway. He a has a 330d coupe thing. My clio was quicker by a few lengths and that was rolling :smile:

Must be my s**t driving lol. I guess there's loads of factors. Who knows whether that golf was remapped etc. I have pulled past a few bmw diesels myself quite easily and others i haven't. As said their car could of been tweaked or clio having a bad day lol

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
anyone else ever had problems shifting down into gears sometimes when going a bit to fast to do so?
seems hard to select gears sometimes ive noticed recently. any ideas?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, generally. Mainly when your going to do a right or left turn and you drop it down to 2nd to do so. I'm not talking for 80mph in 3rd down to second. Im talking 40 down to say 20-30.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Tip of my tongue. I had a small issue going from 4th-3rd in the Monaco, would only happen from cold. I replaced the dogbone mount and it's sweet as a nut. I know you have the mount, I'd be enclined to remove and refit it again