ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Little tidy up

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Couldn't wait for the weekend to play with the new toy!

All that I have done so far is wetsand the headlights, fit the fabia splitter & fitted a nipple ring which I am unsure about. I had ordered silvervisions, but I ordered the wrong ones. Cup spoiler is on its way to Spray shack :D

Decided to give her a quickie detail, Iron X'd, tardis, clayed, Lime prime via rotary, Need for speed then Rubbish Boys 'juiced Edition' wax. :D

Lovin the old girl.

flamer001.jpg

flamer004.jpg

flamer005.jpg

flamer024.jpg

flamer052.jpg

flamer063.jpg

flamer100.jpg

flamer099.jpg

flamer096.jpg

flamer093.jpg

flamer090.jpg

flamer088.jpg

flamer086.jpg

flamer084.jpg

flamer078.jpg

flamer077.jpg

flamer076.jpg

flamer073.jpg

flamer072.jpg

flamer068.jpg

flamer067.jpg

flamer060.jpg

flamer030.jpg

:approve:

Black Sheep
Nice. great colour and great job as always ;) I would take the nipple ring off then it would be perfect.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
That looks superb Dawn. Love it.

Just needs rid of the nipple ring and a smaller front plate ;)

Fiesta ST-3
I've been waiting for this :D Can not wait to see it finished. Wish I had a hanger like that to detail in :rasp:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
FML how you get your cars looking so good from the very few steps you listed above I'll never know. Absolutely superb.

Think my next car needs to be a 172 flamer. Although it's gotta be a ph1 for me :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers boys, I really am enjoying the car & the different colour. Still waaay to loud for my likes. I need to replace the exhaust for standard, but how do i do this as the bumper has a cut out for this mahoosive one?!

Cheers Shauny, glad you approve. Nipple ring will be removed tomoz. This one is staying un molested! Not even going to lower her!

The splitter needs two! My bro riveted it as I held it in place! Screws werent manly enough for it.

Arctic Blue FF 182
Top work Dawn! Wondered how long (or not so long) it would take before I saw thread!haha!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
This 172 doesn't know how lucky it's been, destined to be the cleanest around!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
awww thanks Brian! :eek:

cheers Rob. I'll make some calls.

thanks guys & iron x is awesome!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb work Dawn. As always.

Really does show people that you don't have to have 100 polishes and pads to get a decent finish.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
cheers Gal, yup only used the one pad too. She could be alot better but I just didn't want to spend all weekend at work! So just a little spruce up for now x

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I used a 3m yelliw and LP for about a year solid. Superb combo.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
yup it worked very well, still didn't seem deep enough though. I'll keep trying! :)

Cheers Gaz, I quite like the look of the zorst, just hate the loud chaviness of it! :(

Black Gold Trophy
Looks great! Very jealous of the hangar you have at your disposal!
Take it you sold the 1.2?

Clear side repeaters will smarten it up a touch.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
aww cheers fella's! :)

Im undecided on getting the wheels re furbed - Silver :eek:

OR

Wait for some cup turini's to come up for sale?

I really hate the tyres on her, soo ugly! But loads of tread left, really want some Toyo's on her :(

Still to do

Service (Ngk are the chosen spark plugs for the 1*2's?)
New style RS badge
Fit cup spoiler on return
Sort out the loud zorst!

Dependant on insurance - 40mm springs, but they will wannu bum me no doubt :mad:

cheers all

Keep the standard silvers!! They look soo much better on Flamers imo.
Oh and keep the standard RS badge too. IMO I really don't like the Mk2's having the Mk3 badges on them. Standard ftw.

I've actually been looking through all my photos of my old one this morning. Looked amazing.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
get pics up lad!

Oh and I have to get the new style badge, got one on Betty & it looks so much better ;)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
I didn't try Sky, tried everyone else. Im with Fux on the vee, they wanted a grand!

Went with Sheila's wheels in the end :eek:

Still more expensive than the vee! :(

Impreza ra & S14a
Can I ask what wet sanding the headlights does? I'm assuming gets rid of the fading which most lights seem to suffer from? If so what grade paper did you use as they look brand spanking new!

Renault Clio 172 Cup
looks good bud, id take the ring off the front tho, also id just referb the 172 wheels you got on there atm looks good with them on

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Thanks guys! iirc the headlights, I used 800, 1200, 1500, then 3000

They were quite bad before, hence going as low as 800, but it worked a treat. All done wet with soap, then polished up with the rotary.

cheers