ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking for recommendation for cambelt change in NE Scotland

Audi S3 & 172 Cup
My 53 plate 172 Cup has only done 39,000 miles but since she's 7 years old, thought it would be wise to get this done.

I would certainly appreciate any recommendations, particularly after reading the sticky about the botch-ups some have encountered.

I'm in Aberdeen/shire but would be willing to travel a bit to get the right place.

Many thanks.

RB Clio 182 Cup
I had my 182 done in the dealership in Inverness, phoned round all the local dealers and they had the best price even including the petrol cost from Aberdeen and back. From memory it was about £550.

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Im in aberdeen too mate. I took my 182 down to birchdown near chester...hell of a trek and also you really should stay nearby overnight but man...its so worth it! Ex renault guys with 25 years between them in experience and both run cliosports! Get out of town for a couple of days and head down.

Nissan 200sx
I wouldnt advise wallace performance, we took my brothers 200sx track car there for aligment, it has fully adjustable arms etc, they mucked up that severly coilovers were adjusted incorrectly by them,

Any reputable local garage should be able to do the job, its not a complex engine to do the cambelt on, and with it being the cup it is even easier

I wouldnt advise wallace performance, we took my brothers 200sx track car there for aligment, it has fully adjustable arms etc, they mucked up that severly coilovers were adjusted incorrectly by them,

Any reputable local garage should be able to do the job, its not a complex engine to do the cambelt on, and with it being the cup it is even easier

:dead:

You gotta be having a laugh