ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M3. V8. Saloon.

Yeah but when it comes to resale which will not doubt be sooner than later with Dave, is it not best to have a minty fresh set of 220M's which I believe are also forged? Or Maccy D muck metal Avant Gardes?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Don't start spending money on it, you have form, you know that's the top of a very slippery slope that at the bottom ends with you selling the car.
I must admit, you are probably right, so i'm leaving this alone, have bought something else to keep my tinkering hands occupied :tongueclosed:
M3 hasnt been left alone 100% though, this weekend i gave it its first wash (only took 3 months) in preparation for Le Mans. Being that im travelling down in convoy with a BTCC rep Mondeo & a T5 Estate, i thought i should also make a little effort now i have a "proper" car to do the trip in :smiley:

IMG_0759_zps0dzfshul.jpg

IMG_0771_zpstswiestb.jpg

IMG_0772_zpsn6bxatas.jpg

IMG_0766_zps6c1wzodf.jpg

IMG_0767_zps8zcoerzy.jpg

:cool:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Needs MOAR livery!
Poor effort Dave LOL :wink:
Ha ha, minimal is the way forwards!!
After all, its supposed to look like a mixture of these:
BMW-M3-Ring-Taxi-4.jpg

ring_26.jpg

We have a Mondeo BTCC car going as well, so no point trying to compete with that cars epicness!!

Looks like a typical bmw drivers taste in styling 🙈
lol. Its ok, mines a V8, not a 318 :wink:
The bubble in the red stripe is a solid 10/10 effort. Well played lol.
Thats the rear bumper 😂

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Great thread.

Looking back now do you still miss it?

Very few saloons available and the V8s seem to be holding their value extremely well..Looking at AT you’re looking at anything between 17k for one with mega miles to 25k for something with sub 50k. Auto definitely commands more but I’d want a manual anyway. Seems to be more manuals than auto’s thankfully.

Rod bearing issue seams to be real and evolve advise paying the £1700 at 70k to replace...Considered to be general maintenance rather than precautionary.

So much want though.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
the saloons look so much better than the coupe.

I was looking at them when I sold my E46 M3 but ended up back in a 182 :p (for the time being anyway).

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looking back now do you still miss it?

Yes. Every day. Compared to the other e9*s ive had, it is just a step up in terms of driving pleasure, handling, noise, plus "the event" of driving it.

The 335i is probably just as quick in everyday driving, but it simply doesnt reward you at the top end like the M3's V8 did. That engine. Wow.

Realistically speaking, the only time i dont miss the M3 is when i drive the Boxster, which is what i traded it in for.

On the flipside, not only did the Porsche cost £20k more, but i've always had to run a 2nd car alongside it, so its not really comparing apples with apples.

In conclusion, Boxster aside, the e90 M3 is by far and away the best car ive owned. And ive had a few :ROFLMAO:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yes. Every day. Compared to the other e9*s ive had, it is just a step up in terms of driving pleasure, handling, noise, plus "the event" of driving it.

The 335i is probably just as quick in everyday driving, but it simply doesnt reward you at the top end like the M3's V8 did. That engine. Wow.

Realistically speaking, the only time i dont miss the M3 is when i drive the Boxster, which is what i traded it in for.

On the flipside, not only did the Porsche cost £20k more, but i've always had to run a 2nd car alongside it, so its not really comparing apples with apples.

In conclusion, Boxster aside, the e90 M3 is by far and away the best car ive owned. And ive had a few :ROFLMAO:

Awesome take on your ownership. Thank you.

How much did you buy and sell it for? They seem to be pretty static price wise now. Anything from 18 for a high mileage example to 26k for a low (40k) minter. I can only see prices going one way...up.