ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

M5 ready! Let the mods begin....

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Need any advice of help, get yourself on forum.bmw5.co.uk

Cheers but will be ok. Just not happy with cutting up the loom and drilling wholes in the rear but it will be worth it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I really dont know why manafacturers still use wood interiors.

I think there awful...

I agree. Mine is really really light coloured wood so it does not look to bad. The darker wood is :dead:

trophy
Im sure ive seen that m5 with plate before. Was it not on one of the motoring programs getting destroyed by mr needles or something? :O

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Coilovers arrived today :evil:

CIMG3032.jpg

CIMG3033.jpg

CIMG3035.jpg

Dinan rear ARB on it's way from the US so they can all be fitted and setup together :evil:

lovely stuff

admire you for doing summit different, as always.... continue this theme and buy me some KWs ;)

/from a non-know it all

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL! you are using norris's car as a guide to handling? i would have a look at his driving skills and think hnmmm maybe the cheap b****cks he is running for coilovers might be a cause? i dont understand people having track cars and sticking w**k coilovers on it lol!

1998 BMW e46 323i
I don't understand people who have 'street names' but hey, each to their own.

Wish I had an M5 to play with.

e91 330d/type r mini
LOL! you are using norris's car as a guide to handling? i would have a look at his driving skills and think hnmmm maybe the cheap b****cks he is running for coilovers might be a cause? i dont understand people having track cars and sticking w**k coilovers on it lol!
at what point has he said in his thread he taking it on track?
looks good to me :S

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member

Gotcha!

I think you find he won most of the races he entered in the last session ;)

Anyhow I have used them before with great results. They where better than my previous Ohlins at 2k cost and my Tein Monoflex with EDFC. But to the point it's a road car not a focused track car so there is no point blowing serious money on a set of KW V3s when these will perform just ask good for what I am after.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i drove these on a skyline and hated them they to harsh for road i thought... im running ohlins on the rx7 and they feel comfy as stock and looking to get some arrogostas from japan.... i dont get why people put cheap coilovers on cars been there done that had to buy better ones less than a year later!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no dont buy a mazda lol, go out buy a evo, spend s**t loads of money on the engine make it really fast, sell it buy another do the same again, then when you got all that power buy cheap chinese brakes and suspension... i mean thats what all the fast cars do lol...

i know for a fact you wouldnt go out and stick an xs power turbo on a car lol, or some fuel injectors someone has got a drill and drilled out lol... but you will go out and buy cheap brakes and coilovers lol... great logic!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
It's a road car dude, not a race car...?! You don't need 2-3k Coils!

then why does noris run cheap road car coils on a race car lol! and look at all the crashes he has made, there is one reason he wins races and thats cos he has more power than most and everyone else knows to get the f**k out the way of him lol!

plus if you had driven on cheap coilovers and felt how harsh and crashy they are you would understand lol and who said anything about 2-3k!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
i drove these on a skyline and hated them they to harsh for road i thought... im running ohlins on the rx7 and they feel comfy as stock and looking to get some arrogostas from japan.... i dont get why people put cheap coilovers on cars been there done that had to buy better ones less than a year later!

Well they are adjustable so make them softer if they are to hard ;)

My old E8 has done 18k and 15 track days in 9 months and just been checked over and they are still as new! My old ohlins done 5k from new than needed a rebuild lol.

It's a road car dude, not a race car...?! You don't need 2-3k Coils!

Exactly. I want stock feel with less body roll. That's it!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
then why does noris run cheap road car coils on a race car lol! and look at all the crashes he has made, there is one reason he wins races and thats cos he has more power than most and everyone else knows to get the f**k out the way of him lol!

plus if you had driven on cheap coilovers and felt how harsh and crashy they are you would understand lol and who said anything about 2-3k!

When did he ever crash his white Evo III? He didn't! Mind you he did crash his previous Evos running Ohlins ;) What does that say? :rasp:

Errr I have driven on Expensive Coilovers. My old Ohlins where 3k new. My old Exetec suspension was 2.3k. My old Teins Monos with EDFC where 1.5k.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the skyline was on as soft as they would go lol! even tried winding off the preload on the springs!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

You've sum'd it up...Norris wins on power...Not Driver ability. I doubt KW's or Bilsteins would make him a better driver.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
When did he ever crash his white Evo III? He didn't! Mind you he did crash his previous Evos running Ohlins ;) What does that say? :rasp:

that says the guy should stick to building engines cos he clearly cant drive for s**t lol! same reason every time i seen him in the green thing he cant keep it in a straight line lol! other people get in it and drive it fine though...

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
that says the guy should stick to building engines cos he clearly cant drive for s**t lol! same reason every time i seen him in the green thing he cant keep it in a straight line lol! other people get in it and drive it fine though...

Maybe but I bet he can drive better than you ;)

Anyhow I am happy and that's what counts. Not you and your non helpfull remarks :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's an old barge anyhoo and the seats are like sofa's! I'm sure he'll have his Back warmers/massagers on! ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
no dont buy a mazda lol, go out buy a evo, spend s**t loads of money on the engine make it really fast, sell it buy another do the same again, then when you got all that power buy cheap chinese brakes and suspension... i mean thats what all the fast cars do lol...

i know for a fact you wouldnt go out and stick an xs power turbo on a car lol, or some fuel injectors someone has got a drill and drilled out lol... but you will go out and buy cheap brakes and coilovers lol... great logic!

I may be talking b****cks so will fit in well ;) but..
...in my mind a cheap good brakes would be some ebc pads and uprated discs which i'm sure would be a improvement even on a big barge like a m5.

Surely a set of "cheap" brakes like the ones mentioned will be more than enough for you're average chap who wants a blat around a track from time to time?!

And i'm sure simon norris isnt short of a few quid so there must be a reason he is using those coilovers too... the green evo must be a 100k + build so if he needed to a set of 10k super dooper racing coilovers would be what he'd have got if it really needed them right?

Just me thoughts anyway.

Back on topic love the M5.. keep updating! that is all :approve: