ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Making 16v just like new!

Situation is my dad was told by some bloke in the pub how good 16v clios were last night. My dad has now had an idea of spending some money to get my 16v back to its original new condition. He said he would consider doin it if he could have it all done for around £2000. it needs a full respray, new springs i guess as suspensions its quite tired, refurbished alloys and just a really thourough service on the engine more or less most things u would expect from a 12 year old car thats not been treated brilliantly by previous owners. Do you reckon its do able for this sort of money? Any comments would be helpful thanks!

im jus guessing but respay about a grand. suspension get decent for 500quid or standard for less, not sure about refurb service couple hundred depiing on what needs doing

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Sounds like a good idea if you dads paying the bill, you just need to convince him a 2.0 bottom end and cams is a good way of refreshing the engine! Im considering spending a bit of money on my Williams ( Re-spray/tuning ) but Im still unsure whether its worth it.

Thanks for the advice he seems to think it will cost him alot more but he doesnt know about cars, hes happy payin for it for now, because i cant drive it yet so he gets to use it and all he does is moan about how tired it is.

hahahaha Martin, so ur not gonna get rid then!!!

Thought u didnt want to spend any more on it, once u start u just cant stop, thats the problem!

Mat, it sounds like a good idea, especially if your dads paying!

ive had my clio williams 3 weeks and want to improve bits on it mainly engine , get the wheels refurbed and sort out the body so its mint

I think if you got all new front suspension.. it would feel a lot different.. specially if they havnt been changed. (Shocks, Springs etc..)

Oh, and give it a good service.. oil change, air filter/ fuel filter, spark plugs etc..

Should be able to get all that done for 2k.

The only concern id have would be taking all that cash off my folks - i know if it was me, my mum/dad would always be bringing it up whenever i did anything else!

Quote: Originally posted by Dave16v on 02 May 2004

sell your car and spend 3 grand on a mint 16v?
Buying a 16v now in mint condition, with all new suspension, full major service recently would be quite hard.. heh.

How do you know? Heh.

Just because something is 3k.. doesnt mean itll be mint.

I went to see a couple of 16vs.. all about £2500 price range.. which isnt far off 3k, but they werent anything special..

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by madmat on 01 May 2004

Situation is my dad was told by some bloke in the pub how good 16v clios were last night. My dad has now had an idea of spending some money to get my 16v back to its original new condition. He said he would consider doin it if he could have it all done for around £2000. it needs a full respray, new springs i guess as suspensions its quite tired, refurbished alloys and just a really thourough service on the engine more or less most things u would expect from a 12 year old car thats not been treated brilliantly by previous owners. Do you reckon its do able for this sort of money? Any comments would be helpful thanks!
People like LAD and Just GTIs do it with 205 GTis. So why not do it to a valver. Its a newer car and not quite as important in the hot hatch timeline but still a future classic imo.