ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

manual for 182 cup! turbo or sc?

cup 182 cup
hi there everyone, wondering if any of yas can help me out finding a manual that includes all engine spec, (bearing clearances, torque settings ect...). I believe its an f4r engine and the model is CB22. The reason i require this, is that i should have quite abit of spare time on my hands over the next few months to attempt a sc or turbo conversion, and not just the bolt on kits lol, full bifter. in 2 minds hehe. anyway please post :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah they're pretty good from what i remember. My mate has one so i'll ask him and let you know. You can get a lot of the information off autodata if you have access to it (torque settings, clearances etc,)

cup 182 cup
sorry bout reply, on nightshift. i got that cd and it wouldn't install on me laptop, so i bought a different one and that wouldn't install :S someone mentioned it only runs on MAC versions. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO INSTALL ON VISTA?

S4 Avant
Yeah they're pretty good from what i remember. My mate has one so i'll ask him and let you know. You can get a lot of the information off autodata if you have access to it (torque settings, clearances etc,)

As far as I'm aware Autodata is mostly b****cks for the F4R

cup 182 cup
well any of you guys got a pdf version of any manuals that you could possibly send me ? heard there was a few floating about.

RS 182 CUP
try e manual online, think thats what its called seen it before just havnt got round to having a better look

cup 182 cup
anyway any of you guys know of any goot garages to carry out the work for a stage 2 turbo conversion? preferably in the north east area???

Last edited:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
i should have quite abit of spare time on my hands over the next few months to attempt a sc or turbo conversion, and not just the bolt on kits lol, full bifter. in 2 minds hehe. anyway please post :)

anyway any of you guys know of any goot garages to carry out the work for a stage 2 turbo conversion? preferably in the north east area???

Don't fancy getting your hands dirty now then

cup 182 cup
Stevieh: stage 2..... well internals all changed, head ported, uprated cams n over 300 stallions.
Adeyspec: got a busy year with work offshore, so ill end up starting it and not finishing it :( would be nice to of put a thread on here of the work getting carried out buh like i say, no time.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Well if you really want 300bhp then your looking at forced induction on a forged lump and as you don't want to get your hands dirty you going to be paying a substantial amount.

If you believe that 300bhp will be as high as you ever want to go then speak to RStuning as I'm sure Paul and Specky could do you a good solid 320bhp SC conversion.

Turbo wise no tuning companies have produced a 300+ conversion I've built two now and am in the process of building my third, Rich has bought my old set up so and when he gets it finished he should be running comfortably 350bhp with considerably more torque than SC conversion.

cup 182 cup
Well if you really want 300bhp then your looking at forced induction on a forged lump and as you don't want to get your hands dirty you going to be paying a substantial amount.

If you believe that 300bhp will be as high as you ever want to go then speak to RStuning as I'm sure Paul and Specky could do you a good solid 320bhp SC conversion.

Turbo wise no tuning companies have produced a 300+ conversion I've built two now and am in the process of building my third, Rich has bought my old set up so and when he gets it finished he should be running comfortably 350bhp with considerably more torque than SC conversion.
Been in touch with me old fella, he priced the internals up at around £800. Dave at k-tec give me a reasonable quote for sc conversion. Dont know what the torque figures are likely to be on the stated 300 Break. Going to wait till i get back home before progressing any further with it. Give us a pm if you can get me a quote on someone to supply and fit.
cheers

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
WoW, only £800 quid to upgrade the internals

I assume that includes a full new gasket set, new timing and aux belt set, fresh oil and coolant?

Obviously you also need to upgrade your fuel set up, fit an upgraded clutch etc......

Realistically (including labour) your looking at 2k plus just to uprate your engine, that's before you buy your chosen conversion.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Bainesybob.... If your paying someone to do this work I would advise you to have about 5k spare not including mapping, just parts and labour.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
If you want to buy new from the likes of ktec yes, mine cost less than 3k and that includes a massive £800 mapping/trying to get it running right.

cup 182 cup
stevieh: already bought the cam belt, aux belt and tensioners other month. Already av oil n coolant. clutch priced at £359. gasketset, pistons, rods and new bolts to get, garage will havetosupp rest.

scotty: been saving got the money ready, any left over goes towards breaks or suspension. im actually expecting atleast 6k-7kbut like I say got 7 to spend atm.

mx1_champ: as above^^^

just need to get more info on it because i never touched a 150 kg engine before but considering i strip and rebuild gas turbines and marine diesel engines for a living, you would think i'de be attempting it myself lol. anyway its definately going to be done by someone else! :)

182 cup
stevieh: already bought the cam belt, aux belt and tensioners other month. Already av oil n coolant. clutch priced at £359. gasketset, pistons, rods and new bolts to get, garage will havetosupp rest.

scotty: been saving got the money ready, any left over goes towards breaks or suspension. im actually expecting atleast 6k-7kbut like I say got 7 to spend atm.

just need to get more info on it because i never touched a 150 kg engine before but considering i strip and rebuild gas turbines and marine diesel engines for a living, you would think i'de be attempting it myself lol. anyway its definately going to be done by someone else! :)

don't forget the megane 225 pulley, otherwise you'll end up with bent valves.

182 cup

don't forget the megane 225 pulley, otherwise you'll end up with bent valves.

how the hell do i delete this double post:mad:

Last edited:
As for the manuals, i spent ages looking for a decent Clio 182 manual, and finally bought the one on ebay...they are also sold by the chap on here. Being honest, it's about 5000 pages of content, and very hard to find anything specific you want on it. The 172 & 182 stuff is all mixed together (the v6 is seperate), and although it's pretty much all there, the files are not catagorised or named, and it just takes some time to find anything . I'm just waiting to get some free time to catagorise it properly and create one central PDF file which reflects the correct sections and order. I'm not allowed to re-distribute, however feel free to u2u me with any questions...

MERCEDES CLS AMG
DIALOGYS

It contain's part numbers for every Renault model ever built - going back to 1972 ( pr001 / pr002 )

It also contains every tech note / repair manual / special tooling info you need for any model ever built. Each model has its own engine rebuild sheet stating all the technical data you need for your car.