ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I like the darker lights but I like them standard too. Certainly wouldn't be splitting them anyway.

Them gel badges are horrific though, on all fords.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
They f**king deserve it if it does happen!

Modifying a brand new car is retarded. (Un-approved warranty aside, ofcourse).

Here's a recent opening post on a thread...

17yo new ST owner said:
is it bad that i have bought loads of parts for my car without even receiving it yet?

list so far;

• Miltek ST180 cat back exhaust ( arrives monday :D )
  • HiD Kit
  • Wind deflectors
  • airtec front mount intercooler upgrade
  • airfilter
  • Gel badges
  • Carbon Wrap ( for door handles and around the chrome badges )
  • Number plate LED lights
  • New Fog lights
next month looking at miltek sports car and turbo down pipe, with a stage 2 bluefin remap and coilovers...

There's others that have order and bought springs/coilovers before the car's arrived too. Such a shame but hilarious. I love winding them up though.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
He is possibly the one I found on pistonheads, his orange as well?

Carbon wrap, why o why.

Don't think he's got his yet.

There's a couple of solid sound members over there who are of a similar mindset...but there's definitely a hang over from the previous ST/Zetec-S owning populous.

They're all on about this £600 Mountune upgrade and how good it is that if you get it done at Mountune, you can finance it over 18 months!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
18 months to pay £600 lol!

Bet they are insured with Admiral and pay monthly too with their 20% apr.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just mental! That guy with the mods has single handedly voided any kind of warranty he'll ever have! Oh to be young and naive.

i work at fords dont go voiding your warrenty i know there all tested but the real test is in the real world driving .weve only seen a few minor recalls on these so far like brake caliper washers stuff like that .id never mess about with a brand new car i dont think till the warrenty is over because ford will not pay for some stuff they are quite good though

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Found something I don't like about it...the indicators. They don't self cancel when you think they should have done...must be due to the quicker rack. The aircon's also a bit feeble but give it time and it gets the temperature down eventually.

Apart from that all is rosy.

​I'm finding the urge to rip out and weigh the rear seats hard to resist though.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Found something I don't like about it...the indicators. They don't self cancel when you think they should have done...must be due to the quicker rack. The aircon's also a bit feeble but give it time and it gets the temperature down eventually.

Apart from that all is rosy.

​I'm finding the urge to rip out and weigh the rear seats hard to resist though.

When I was getting my aircon regassed the boy was sauing its very very common for the systems to come approx 2/3 full even when new. Might be worth getting it checked and topped out, mine is now better than when I got it, 6 years ago!

Noticed with this hot weather that my aircon in my Focus is a bit weak too, must be a Ford thing. Should really get it regassed but I can't be fucked when the suns going to disappear from Scotland in a week anyway.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So today, after 2750 miles I had my first cost outside of fuel, insurance, VED and depreciation. I had 3 punctures on my 200 in 30k miles too (two of which were in the sidewall so not repairable)...my commute must be littered with crap.

20130720_1419561_zps49743be1.jpg

i thought fords were meant to have arctic blizzard cold A/C :S

i found my clio's needed a lot of use & time(months) before it produced a decent chill give it some time ;)

So today, after 2750 miles I had my first cost outside of fuel, insurance, VED and depreciation. I had 3 punctures on my 200 in 30k miles too (two of which were in the sidewall so not repairable)...my commute must be littered with crap.

20130720_1419561_zps49743be1.jpg

ouch my record is 6miles! drove it out of the dealership got home and all i could hear is the tyre going down.

It's been very hot. Of course any AC system is going to have to work harder for longer. You can't really expect icicles hanging from your air vents when it's 30 degrees outside the car.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Found something I don't like about it...the indicators. They don't self cancel when you think they should have done...must be due to the quicker rack.

Mine are the same in the Focus. I occasionally find myself still indicating well after i've turned. The 'clicker' is really quiet as well so you don't even get an audible warning.

The a/c gas will be low for anyone interested they had to remove the stickers saying how much gas is in the system because they never fill them to maximum so was against trading standards the dealers will just regas it under warranty

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The a/c gas will be low for anyone interested they had to remove the stickers saying how much gas is in the system because they never fill them to maximum so was against trading standards the dealers will just regas it under warranty

Useful...will ask for that at its first service.

Thanks for the 'Most Basic Principles Of In-Car Aircon Use' lesson ///.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I wonder why they don't fill it too maximum? Maybe come service time they try and charge people? And hope people don't question it under warranty etc.

Save money 50grams of gas each car give or take times 3000 is alot of money sand with washer fluid and oil we always top them up come per delivery I can't remember if its only covered under first year warranty too

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Save money 50grams of gas each car give or take times 3000 is alot of money sand with washer fluid and oil we always top them up come per delivery I can't remember if its only covered under first year warranty too

Your posts are really hard to read because of the lack of punctuation.

53 Clio's & counting
In my experience (With VW, Audi and Vauxhall, and now Massey Ferguson lol) they all come filled full from factory - but then again it wouldn't surprise me if some didn't

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just what I go with from the guy who trains the mechanics at diagnoistics, not personal experience, very few of my patients have aircon fitted.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Mark I've been over on STOC and it made me chuckle too. Fair amount of chavtastic nonsense going on! ;) really wanted to find out about tuning etc. got a question, do you know the front brake size/what other model they have been theived off?

im going for a test drive and price up tomorrow then I will probably save for a bit and take the plunge. Got preliminary price of 14500 but want nav etc so will see!

Chris