ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome :)

Ford have really stepped up with their latest ST range IMO. I'm a bit of a Ford fan, so that may be biased, but to me, they are kicking Vauxhall and Renault well and truly into the long grass.

Touching 50MPG is mental, as said. I'm getting 51 MPG in a Mini DERV, that rattles more than my 10 year old Focus did.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks good and sounds like a good drivers car.

Soon there will be loads, everywhere thats the only thing I don't like

You weren't round Bursledon area between 5:30pm & 6:00pm on Monday were you Mark?

Saw one for the first time and was identical to yours. Looked very, very nice.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You weren't round Bursledon area between 5:30pm & 6:00pm on Monday were you Mark?

Saw one for the first time and was identical to yours. Looked very, very nice.

Not recently no so not me!

I asked for my oil to be changed and all over checked at my 1000k mark on the Fiesta.

I considered that but a dipstick check on the morning of its once over at Ford showed the oil still looking like it had just been put in...clear and bright gold in colour so I didn't bother having it changed.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Not recently no so not me!

I considered that but a dipstick check on the morning of its once over at Ford showed the oil still looking like it had just been put in...clear and bright gold in colour so I didn't bother having it changed.

I consider what you say, but in the back of my mind, I wanted a newer engine (2008/2009 engine TDCI) it was clear, but still didn't want anything new or shaven in the oil circulating around at the bottom.
Just me being mental, but id rather have it done so I knew I was good.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I consider what you say, but in the back of my mind, I wanted a newer engine (2008/2009 engine TDCI) it was clear, but still didn't want anything new or shaven in the oil circulating around at the bottom.
Just me being mental, but id rather have it done so I knew I was good.

I'll most likely get it done after its first trackday in a few weeks time just to be safe and sure.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Over all the miles you've done what's the MPG looking like? I fancy one of these to replace the Focus TDCI and Clio, 2 cars down to one :) I do about 100 miles per day, 50 each way on an easy dual carriageway.

Its amazing how far the Yamaha Zetec SE engine has come with a decent turbo and twin variable cam timing. That means its (hopefully) and easy-ish swap to the 2.0 and 2.3 Duratec turbo units in the Focus ST and RS. It also means getting forged pistons and rods + other bits should also be easy for all of the Ecoboost engines, (assuming they've kept to the Zetec SE and Duratec component dimensions) plenty of tuning parts available. You could make a right monster out of the ST.

Mind you 230bhp from a Revo Stage 2 would put it at 200bhp/tonne and it still puts the power down well.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Over all the miles you've done what's the MPG looking like? I fancy one of these to replace the Focus TDCI and Clio, 2 cars down to one :) I do about 100 miles per day, 50 each way on an easy dual carriageway.

Its amazing how far the Yamaha Zetec SE engine has come with a decent turbo and twin variable cam timing. That means its (hopefully) and easy-ish swap to the 2.0 and 2.3 Duratec turbo units in the Focus ST and RS. It also means getting forged pistons and rods + other bits should also be easy for all of the Ecoboost engines, (assuming they've kept to the Zetec SE and Duratec component dimensions) plenty of tuning parts available. You could make a right monster out of the ST.

Mind you 230bhp from a Revo Stage 2 would put it at 200bhp/tonne and it still puts the power down well.

​the ecoboost is a completely new engine design...

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Only the 1.0 is a completely new design. The 1.6 is based around the Zetec SE which was then named a Duratec and has now become part of the Ecoboost family. The 2.0 is still the Duratec HE, same as the 2.3. There are revisions to it such as VCT, piston height, rod length etc. but its still the same engine.

Like when they called the Zetec engine in the ST170 and FRS a Duratec...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So the Zetec has the exhaust manifold incorporated into the head then?

The whole ecoboost range is new, all derived from the 1.0 just because they share displacement doesn't mean they're the same

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
This has nothing to do with the Zetec, I was using that as an example of Ford naming things to sound new and improved.

And no the 4 cylinder alloy blocks are not derived from the 3 cylinder cast iron block...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
So what your saying then is the ecoboost have a similar block to previous generation engines then?
The rest is completely different...

the ecoboost are new developments lightly based on the old engines. New engines in other words.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not even close. If you reread my post on the other page I've talked about how far the engines have come from their origins and how tuning parts shouldn't be too hard to source as they are based on the Duratec HE and Zetec SE.

So in fact you've just confirmed they are a revision to those engines. Ford have carried on continuous development of a 1990's engine and for the 2.0 and 2.0 used the Mazda MPS variant of the engine.

Have Ford design sat down and thought up an engine that previously didn't exist. Not for 1.6, 2.0 and 2.3

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I said they are lightly based on previous engines, just like the f4r is lightly based on an f7r. Still completely different engines.

Yes ford design have sat down and redesigned a new engine it's called the Eco boost, it's lightly based in the older Pfi engines but is mostly new. Meaning they might use the same block but the crank, pistons, head, manifolds, fuel system, addition of a turbo etc is all NEW

How do I know? My mate designed the new fuel pump and was part of the design team

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It's more than lightly based. The MPS engine is already called the Ecoboost in the Mazda a few years ago.

Anyway my original point still stands doesn't it ;)

So now that's sorted I'm going to take the upper hand and stop cluttering Mark's thread.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
It's not cleared up, your getting confused, or just being misleading on purpose. Direct injection stops any compatibility to start with so your argument us flawed to begin with. I'd be happy to pass you onto my mate who will educate you to no end on the Eco boost.

Its not clutter anyhow im sure mark is equally as interested on how the ecoboost was designed as me or you.

107 Track Car & C4
Just seen my first one of these in the flesh, was in the Orange colour too, really nice looking car! I want one now lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Conformation today of what Mountune have for the Fiesta...

fiestastoc.com said:
I have this morning been handed the following information, which I'm sure you would all like to know.

The Mountune Performance upgrade for the Mk7 Fiesta ST will consist off a new calibration & airbox.
Obviously TUV approved, and keeping the standard Ford Warranty.

Power up to 212bhp + overboost to 224bhp
Torque up 10% - 328NM + overboost to 340NM-ish

Package cost £600

I think I'll be happy with that. No loud exhaust. No annoying dump/recirc valve etc. Warranty remains fully intact.

250lbsft coupled with 195bhp/ton.

Weapon!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
And how much does that cost?

any Info on what's available for the focus? 250 isn't enough for me any more lollol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Never mind, just spotted the coming soon on the mountune site :(

£600 is a lot! But I suppose it keeps its warranty. Didn't see the price lol,was too busy staring at those torque figures

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
£600 is nothing really when you still keep the warranty.

That's what I'm thinking.

I know from other suppliers there'll be a bit more power available for less money most likely, and a sh*tload more power available for a lot more money...but I don't want stupidly big logo covered intercoolers, massive tailpipes, or anything that shouts 'not standard!'.

This will hopefully feel and sound just like the standard car does, but with a hell of a lot more urgency when required.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I'm thinking.

I know from other suppliers there'll be a bit more power available for less money most likely, and a sh*tload more power available for a lot more money...but I don't want stupidly big logo covered intercoolers, massive tailpipes, or anything that shouts 'not standard!'.

This will hopefully feel and sound just like the standard car does, but with a hell of a lot more urgency when required.

Why anyone would want that on a brand new car that's used for commuting, is beyond me.

The warranty being kept in place is worth any additional uplift in cost IMO.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Yup, this is the correct way to do things!! Normally most amusing when chasing down all the 'big power builds' at track days, with numpties behind the wheel that should have spent more on tuition, & less on boost ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
£600 is not actually a lot considering warranty. Anyone can remap a turbo for £250/£300... new airbox and warranty attached i'll have the montune one. Many many owners will happily spend the £600 I have no doubt!