ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Matthew's VW Tiguan

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It was going well at the weekend, and I agree with you regards how it matched up to standard clios. I'm stacked at work but I'll get that vid up I have at some point so you can see what it looks like on track in motion :)

Countryman JCW
Glad you had fun on the track day Matthew.
Where you've said before about getting rid because you haven't "loved it"... do you think that's because subconsciously you have always known you don't actually own it and its going to be handed back, therefore you've not really bonded with it?
I'm surprised to see you say that as everyone that's had one of these says how good they are, and when ever i'm out on the road and I see one, they really do look the business!
What do they go for these days as a lease as id really quite like to have one....

Glad you had fun on the track day Matthew.
Where you've said before about getting rid because you haven't "loved it"... do you think that's because subconsciously you have always known you don't actually own it and its going to be handed back, therefore you've not really bonded with it?
I'm surprised to see you say that as everyone that's had one of these says how good they are, and when ever i'm out on the road and I see one, they really do look the business!
What do they go for these days as a lease as id really quite like to have one....

Really good question mate.

I honestly dont know if Im being honest. Maybe it is that, as I dont own it and it will be going back I havent 'bonded' with it as such.

Dont get me wrong, its a bloody brilliant car. On a B road, its bloody amazing. The speed it can carry through the bends, without you feling like your about to bin it, is crazy. I think its fair to say on a recent meet/drive, the Clios (even a V6) found it hard to keep up down the twisty B roads.

Im not, if Im being honest, completly sold on the looks of the car. And that to me is a biggy. The side and front profile I love, but the back isnt great IMO. I tend to reverse into spaces so I dont have to look at it when Im going back to the car!! ha

I dont tend to keep any car longer than 18 months (my first RB182 was kept for 18 months and thats the longest Iveever kept a car). I get board of them really fast, so a longer lease than 2 years would be a total no go for me.

The car will be handed back before my insurance is up for renewal (Decmeber), and I wont be that sad to see it go if Im honest. Still some really good deals on them though if you are looking.

Countryman JCW
Yeah, i think its going to have some kind of influence on your decision (looks aside), i would feel the same, it would always be "just a lease car".

So youre giving it back after 1 years ownership? im the same with my cars... 6-9 months and im driving something different usually. I do fancy hassle free driving for a while... where do i look?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Really good question mate.

I honestly dont know if Im being honest. Maybe it is that, as I dont own it and it will be going back I havent 'bonded' with it as such.

Dont get me wrong, its a bloody brilliant car. On a B road, its bloody amazing. The speed it can carry through the bends, without you feling like your about to bin it, is crazy. I think its fair to say on a recent meet/drive, the Clios (even a V6) found it hard to keep up down the twisty B roads.

Im not, if Im being honest, completly sold on the looks of the car. And that to me is a biggy. The side and front profile I love, but the back isnt great IMO. I tend to reverse into spaces so I dont have to look at it when Im going back to the car!! ha

I dont tend to keep any car longer than 18 months (my first RB182 was kept for 18 months and thats the longest Iveever kept a car). I get board of them really fast, so a longer lease than 2 years would be a total no go for me.

The car will be handed back before my insurance is up for renewal (Decmeber), and I wont be that sad to see it go if Im honest. Still some really good deals on them though if you are looking.

You know my view on mine too, I only like being in it when I'm kicking it's head in, other than that it, it just plain annoys me.

I lease mine too but I don't think that's the reason, more that it just isn't the car for me.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Im the same tbh, i think the fiestas look good bar the back end which i think looks abit pants tbh

But the fact you know your handing it back and that i like to tinker/do subtle mods means i would get bored and not bond with it at all..and there are so many on the roads lol for a good reason im sure

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Also the Bridgestones have a habit of performing terribly at low tread, anything under 3mm and they seem to fade off big time, especially in damp/rain. Put me off them completely.

On a B road its brilliant. Around town on rubbish surfaces, its horrific.

After the trackday, the front tyres are dead. Litterally nothing left on them, so I need new ones.

Its due to go back in April 2016 (after 24 months) however my inurance runs out in December (multi-car policy) so Im going to hand it back in November 2015.

So, do I replace with decent tires for probably 1,500 miles of motoring arround town, or do I go bugets?

I asked Network ( as I thought I might have to replace like for like) and got this back...

Good Afternoon Mr Walker

Thank you for your email dated 27/07/2015 in relation to your replacement tyres.

Replacement tyres should be of the same specification to those that were originally supplied, Network do not specify the brand to be fitted.

That says to me, aslong as they are the same size, loding etc etc I can fit whatever I want...

Think Im going to fit 'non premiums' and save £100 in my back pocket.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It'll be the pressures were probably a little off.
I went round donny with sbridgey in his and they were brilliant for road tyres

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I'm gonna stick the same on, they are about £78 delivered each from Camskill.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
On a B road its brilliant. Around town on rubbish surfaces, its horrific.

After the trackday, the front tyres are dead. Litterally nothing left on them, so I need new ones.

Its due to go back in April 2016 (after 24 months) however my inurance runs out in December (multi-car policy) so Im going to hand it back in November 2015.

So, do I replace with decent tires for probably 1,500 miles of motoring arround town, or do I go bugets?

I asked Network ( as I thought I might have to replace like for like) and got this back...

That says to me, aslong as they are the same size, loding etc etc I can fit whatever I want...

Think Im going to fit 'non premiums' and save £100 in my back pocket.

Shame your not down in Hampshire bud, as I could of sorted you out some tyres! :wink:

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Might get the cheapest, crappest ditch finders on just for the crack. I'll only have two months on them anyway ha.

That's what I would do. Can have just as much fun with ditch finders.. Just a different kind of fun!

My ST goes on Friday. It's odd, I'm not sad about that at all. Despite it being the best car I have owned, it's still very much a machine.

That's what I would do. Can have just as much fun with ditch finders.. Just a different kind of fun!

My ST goes on Friday. It's odd, I'm not sad about that at all. Despite it being the best car I have owned, it's still very much a machine.

Exactly my thoughts, probably the best all round car I have owned. Probablyby a mile actually. But I wont be sad to see it go. I nearly cried when my RB182 and Z4 drove off! ha.

Its probably too good and abit 'clinical' for its own good.

Shame your not down in Hampshire bud, as I could of sorted you out some tyres! :wink:

Ah shame, never mind mate. Thanks anyway. You keep that Trophy nice ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
On the subject of tyres.

I'm still on contact sport 3s.

I think I managed to find a new set before they ceased production entirely in the 197 size.

I love them. Even when I cocked up and got the lines wrong, they were very forgiving and didn't spit me out on any corners.

I have no idea what to get next if I can't find anymore of these

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I've put on the Bini. Really happy with them.

Amen. Not a lot wrong with them as far as I can tell apart from mid to high road noise levels.

Progressive, enough sidewall movement but not too much, 20k per set including two trackdays, £85 per corner fitted. So long as they keep making them I'll keep fitting them to my ST.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
On the subject of tyres.

I'm still on contact sport 3s.

I think I managed to find a new set before they ceased production entirely in the 197 size.

I love them. Even when I cocked up and got the lines wrong, they were very forgiving and didn't spit me out on any corners.

I have no idea what to get next if I can't find anymore of these
Supersports.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Amen. Not a lot wrong with them as far as I can tell apart from mid to high road noise levels.

Progressive, enough sidewall movement but not too much, 20k per set including two trackdays, £85 per corner fitted. So long as they keep making them I'll keep fitting them to my ST.
Mine replaced run flats. Phenomenal improvement. I'll try super sports next if the size is available.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My original tyres are approaching 17k, think I'll easily get 20k + whats the record on here?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines done a lot of motorway driving though. I'll try for 25!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
For anyone interested just measured mine

Rears both 4.6mm
Front drivers 5.2 and near side 4.8mm

Just done over 17.1k, happy with that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah just looked on Google, they come new with 8ish, so on that basis I'm only half way through.

Back in the UK now though so won't be driving hundreds of miles at 80mph on straight road.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Knew someone would ask lol. Yeah rotated them at 10kish when it was serviced.

Thought Id take a quick picture of the Fiesta and its new car friend. My new track project Titanium 182!

If anyone is interested this is the project thread for it..

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/matthews-titanium-clio-182.780656/#post-10862452

image.jpg

Plan as it stands is to send the Fiesta back in December and wait around for a bit before I decide what to replace it with. I'm currently running 3 cars so I'm in no rush. It will mean I can wait until the right deal comes up on a car I'm interested in.

So far the only thing I'm interested in is the new Mx5, but there are no good deals around at the moment.