ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Might be getting me a project car for Historic racing/hill climb

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Hi guys

It is long time since i have been on here. One of the reasons is that i have been quite busy converting my 1970 Lotus Europa to a 5 speed gearbox, as the old 4 speed was shot.

Working on the Europa, has given me the urge to build a car more or less from the bottom. And for quite some time i have been tempted to do Historic hillclimbing, and maybe also circuit racing. And i have also allways liked the Mini Marcos. So in a week or two (iam currently working in Japan) iam going to look at this project.

marcos166.jpg

marcos159.jpg

How it used to look at some point of íts life (before it moved to Denmark)
7012.jpeg

http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/memcars/7012.html

What do you think?

Finally also a pic of my Europa:
17032011075.jpg

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Love it, but then I'm biased! I had a look over one of these at Le Mans Classic a couple of years ago and our engine builder (Nick Swift of Swiftune) cleaned up at Goodwood last year in a long wheel base variant that looked terrifying to drive.

What engine will you run in it and will you keep that sunroof?

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Will run a 1275 as the Homologation requires it. The sunroof will be closed. I have a mate who is a glassfibre expert. He works with the wings for wind turbines, so iam sure he can sort it.
The holes for the rear lights will also be closed, and i would like to run Mini Van/Estate rear lights instead.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Cheers, i really hope it works out too. The asking price is a little over 4000£. Hoping i can get it down a bit, as that is too much for a Mini Marcos in this condition. But it have been forsale for quite some time, so iam hoping.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
LOL yeah i know. But its got character .;)

Seriously though, it is not the nicest looking car. But it is basically a fibreglass mini, with even better aerodynamics. The homologation allows it a weight of 535 kgs, so that should make it a good competitor in its class in Historic racing. Another plus for me is that it is quite rare.

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Went to see the car yesterday, It looked like a decent project, but was unfortunately not totally complete. It is missing front hubs and brakes. Also missing its rear subframe and cylinder head.
These are of course things that are readily available, but also quite expensive to buy new. The biggest problem though is the Registration Document, it never travelled with the car from the UK, so i have been on the phone to the DVLA today, to try and retrive it. So if this is possible, and if i can get a decent discount iam buying it.

IMG_5404.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5400.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg

IMG_5398.jpg

IMG_5397.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

IMG_5394.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5388.jpg

Turbos.
Clearly has a bit of history going by the stickers!

Should be fun, can't go wrong with historics really. A nice atmosphere to compete in and the cars actually go up in value for a change.

Is there a decent website for a calendar of Danish events? I'm probably driving to Denmark this year so will try to get to an event.