ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mintex 1144, 1155 or 1166 pads in Willwood 4-pot callipers - 172 track-car

220 Trophy
Along with a few other bits I’m upgrading the standard 172 callipers to some Willwood 4-pots.

The car is a 90% track-car so I don’t mind the poor cold performance or the squealing etc.

Its currently got Brembo HC’s and Carbon Lorraine RC6 pads in (along with hoses and uprated fluid etc).

Unfortunately there is’nt a RC6 pad for the Willwood calliper so I’m going to have to change brands.

The Mintex 1144’s fit, but from what I’ve read they seem to be aimed more at fast-road/occasional track-day. I’m after some hard-core track-only pads, something like the RC6’s.

Has anyone any experience of the 1155’s or 1166’s or can compare them to the 1144’s.

(I’m keeping the HC’s as they’re virtually new.)

Thanks, SC.

220 Trophy
Thanks guys, not sure what to do then. If I stick with Mintex because they definitely fit the callipers it’s either the 1144, 55, 66 or 77. It seems then as mentioned the 44's are more road focused, therefore I need to go for something more track focused, but if the 66' wear down so quickly what do I do??

Fred, would you recommend the 66's and I just have to accept that I need to change them after ever day or two out?

220 Trophy
I’ve since spoken with Mintex who confirmed that the 1144's are for circa 500kg cars such as Caterhams, the 1155's would be a good fast-road/track pad but the 1166's are track/race specific and are what I’m after.

And they do them for the Willwoods.