ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk1 172 vid

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
adtmits said:
Hope you aint callin me a liar......

???

Im asking a question how can Bens car do 68 in second...when no other clio at 7.2k does...?

Fair question really..maybe if the limiter was raised but Ben says his car is std...apart from the exhaust.

BTW all clio gearboxes are shite, you should know owning a CTR.

Ad

MK2 FRS
EVOgone said:
???

Im asking a question how can Bens car do 68 in second...when no other clio at 7.2k does...?

Fair question really..maybe if the limiter was raised but Ben says his car is std...apart from the exhaust.

BTW all clio gearboxes are sh*te, you should know owning a CTR.

sorry..... am pissed...celebratin a certain win......

will be testin the specifics this week....wont i benjamin

haha

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
that does seem very quick, i was thinking the speedo could be out but as you said u got the gps to prove it isnt, well what can i say apart from :D . il meet u at santapod mate :)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
ben_p said:
heres my stock mk1 172 bar k-tec stealth, not to blow me own trumpet like but as a few people have agreed, been in it and drove it and said its very quick...

what you all think??

btw this is at an air field my dad owns

....and im not a chav, just like chav music

very nice stuff Ben - nice no fuel action

whats that song again? I think its called 'try' from memory iv got it on a cd as well - very popular in maga last year and 2k4 :approve:

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Wow a lot of hostility!!! Seems very quick to me and if he says he pulled a car length up on some guy running 14.2 who am i to say it doesn't? Why would he want to lie in the first place?
Nice job on having a very rapid standard 172 mate...enjoy.
John

why do some people set out to cause s**t? he posted a vid, its quick, he has no reason to lie and some of you w*****s just cant accept it.

EVO VII
easy way to settle the hostility is to take it to santa pod, you will soon find out what it can do then ;) my guess would be 14.8 :D let me know how you get on.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Ironically, my car runs s**t on No fuel...So i'd be careful about that one.

Seems Very fast compared to mine, Good choice of zorst kiddo! :approve:

Ali

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
cheers! yer it does run a bit poop on low fuel. quarter of a tank seem to be the best. im defo gonna take it pod this year. R20 CWH ill find out the name of it lol

Nippy white cup
JJ! said:
why do some people set out to cause sh*t? he posted a vid, its quick, he has no reason to lie and some of you w*nkers just cant accept it.

I don`t think its a case of lying m8....the car he raced hasn`t done a 14.2 which is what people are saying...

Chris

Nothing like a speedo vid to cause some controversy, lol.

It made me feel seasick I dont see how anyone can tell if its fast or not. It is really jerky aswell looks like its running a frame every couple of seconds on my PC.

Just my opinion but there is no way a nearly standard car can do low 14's. It makes me laugh when people think they have a car that is better then every other Renault that came out of the factory.

"I got a fast one" lol a comment that seems to be used alot. I would love someone to explain how that is possible. The bloke building it stuck some hotter cams on by accident or spent 1/2 a day flowing the head beacause he had a stop in production. They get a load of machined parts and put them together there may be differences between parts but they must be within tight tolerances hence there may be differences in ouput but only small bhp.

When Renault figure the cars do you think they pick a "slow one" and run the figures on that? Book times for a 172 are 18.9 for 0-100. I imagine the terminal speeds for a low 14 are around 100?

Not having a go BenP I dont think I have seen one speedo video that hasnt been slated. if you put it up I suppose you should accept the good and the bad.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
JJ! said:
why do some people set out to cause sh*t? he posted a vid, its quick, he has no reason to lie and some of you w*nkers just cant accept it.

I think its a fair point about the speedo callibration....there are no clios that do 70 in second at 7.2k or nearly 100 in 3rd.......:clown:

Whats your issue.......

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
ben_p said:
whats others do in second, when i drove carbon copys, it seem to get about 68-70ish

172/182 mk2's is about 61/62 @ 7.2k....

May be a Mk1 issue...do the gearbox's in the Mk1's have different ratios..?

Ad

MK2 FRS
Chris n nic said:
I don`t think its a case of lying m8....the car he raced hasn`t done a 14.2 which is what people are saying...

Chris

:S I was under impression that it had and the owner believes it has.......( not sure whether the persons been named or not.:eek:

I would agree that the 14.2 willl have been achieved under optimum running conditions.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yer they are but didnt think it would make that myuch difference. 62 is way lower than i thought

Ad

MK2 FRS
EVOgone said:
172/182 mk2's is about 61/62 @ 7.2k....

May be a Mk1 issue...do the gearbox's in the Mk1's have different ratios..?

they are certainly geared differently to the Mk2s

BG 182 FF
never drove anythin more than a 1.2 until the other weekend....your car scared me lol, wudnt mind another drive haha. Pleasure Rooooms