ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Everything french and ita
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

Hey Jord aka fOxy.

New to this forum, and just read this entire thread.
I really want to give you the credit you deserve.
I can´t belive you havent gone nutz and split open something with an axe yet. If I had so much bad luck in such a short time, I know i would have been down that road.

pulling%20hair.jpg

You are the DIY zen meister :star: :hail:

Best of luck!!!:)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

F*cking rig up.

Glad you got it sorted though...

My phone call last night was worth it TBH... "I can see my torch through the inlet valve"

"Oh dear, that's not good"

LOL

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT

Epic doen't even come close to describing this project!

You must have the paience of a saint dude.

Got it all back together and fired it up around lunchtime, started first time.... :)

just had the exhaust sorted-ish to try and stop it blowing, but its reet and drives nice!

Will post some pics later

ValverInBits

Got it all back together and fired it up around lunchtime, started first time.... :)

just had the exhaust sorted-ish to try and stop it blowing, but its reet and drives nice!

Will post some pics later
The burning question......Is it supermegarapid?

i cant even describe how much better it is than the valver head, so much more power mid range to top.....im sure its blowing from the manifold/downpipe joint too....but im not messing with it until the weekend....

all in all it was worth the work.....so much better to drive :)

ValverInBits

i cant even describe how much better it is than the valver head, so much more power mid range to top.....im sure its blowing from the manifold/downpipe joint too....but im not messing with it until the weekend....

it's like a fairy tale ending :approve:

good to hear mate, and all in time for oulton park tomorrow!

Started early today, just bolting stuff back together....

Nice and cold as usual...

DSC_0355.jpg

Got it all back together by about lunchtime, then jump started it off another car, fired up first time....thank god!

Sounded like it was running perfect, so took it for a spin round the block with no bumper or bonnet on....

DSC_0357.jpg

All good! Put everything else back on, then nipped up to a local garage to have the exhaust sorted, was blowing badly....

Then had a bit of a mini meet with a member off here...

DSC_0365.gif

DSC_0376.gif

Didnt think i would end up getting it ready for oulton, but it drives nice, finally something went right!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I've got to get up in 5 1/2 hours for oulton. Car looks good, mk1's look far more aggressive.

five an and half hours, im up at half 6 acctually thinking of it.....oh well.....red bull it is

Lionel Richie

i've just finished doing the brakes on warren's car mate, can i be the big spoon later?? ;)