ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

Awesome day though... at least there's nothing you can't rig up! ;)

Cheers for the passenger rides dude... i got the clean laps though :(

The current fix...

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

two of the mounting points on the inside of the bumper itself have snapped off.....gotta think of how im going to sort it yet lol

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i

didnt know Santa worked at Oulton park

good to see you got it all sorted for the track day

320d

What was it like to drive on track then jord? how does it go compared to 1*2's?

Whats the plan for the front bumper? respray etc or just fix it and leave it.

Is the car suposed to be a track **** or do you want it mint aswell?

it was pretty good, handled nice, bit slippery at times but im putting that down to the spec 2's on the front, wont be getting those again anytime soon...

front brakes kept locking up also, think that might have been down to the tyres also, locking up caused the two offs lol

im gona rig it back on for now, be reet!

Track valver + Ibiza FR

Thanks for the rides yesterday dude. Bit of a weapon you've made yourself there!!!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT

Spec-2's are epic in the dry with a bit o heat in them, but they just cant cope even with the slightest damp.

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172

Spec-2's are epic in the dry with a bit o heat in them, but they just cant cope even with the slightest damp.

They get nice and sticky - until they fall apart :dapprove: At croft earlier this year I could literally pull chunks off mine when they were banging hot...

Main prob with them is the tyre walls are too soft. Good road tyres though (esp for £121 for 4 fitted! - for 195/50/15s)...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

My god Jord. Haven't spoken to you for a while so reading this thread has been an epic catch up.
Glad to see you made it to Oulton. So you coming down this way after Chrimbo?

wait and see ;)

you found out whats happend with the non-start problem after you txt me??

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT

So shall we just keep guessing for a few days or is someone going to shed some light?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Cambelt or tensioner has failed...

Cranking the bottom end fails to turn the cams. :(

15122008168.jpg

cambelts snapped, towed home before once again......

cams dont turn over with engine (dizzy cap off, rotor dosent turn....inlet cam dosent turn when looking down oil filler hole either).....came round a corner, started tapping loudly for a split second then died.......wont re-start.....

no idea why, cant even be arsed to look tonight, belt is less than 1k miles old, same with tensioner and the idler....f**k knows!

ValverInBits

dude. wow. Gutted. that is really very unlucky. Could a stone from the gravel trap get through the cambelt gaurds?