ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

Day 160

Current state of the car...

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

Decided to have a play with the angle grinder on the bonnet today, wanted to completely remove the second skin, just keeping the top layer. For one to save some weight, and two make it easier to fit the aerocatch pins Im going to use...

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

Glue on fire, lol...

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

Growing pile...

IMG_1558.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

Went a bit too far on the last cut...doh :(

IMG_1593.jpg

And this is how far I got today...got the bottom bit to do another day, then cut the holes for aerocatch pins, and tidy it all up...

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

Track valver + Ibiza FR

FAIL. Ahh well could have been worse. Car is looking a bit sorry for itself but it won't be soon hopefully :evil:

ITB'd 182...

Pulley looks a cool litlle touch Jord!

Like your way of thinking on the bonnet. Whats the weight of a stripped mk1? Light im guessing and with a 170bhp motor this thing will fly!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Beanimoo weighed his at 780kg's iirc?

Although he had carbon roof, FG doors and bootlid, polycarb windows etc.

M

mini-valver

Pmsl at the grinder hole!! Need to weigh mine soon, wont be anywhere near as skinny as this but would be pretty pissed if it's not under 950!

You running any PAS system or just keeping the dry rack?

been running dry williams rack since put the williams engine in ages back, manual is the best way so keeping that ;)

yeah can do mate, after a spray over both sides ideally, im going to clean up the inside before though

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Get some glasses on you plonker! My oldboy lost in sight in one eye because of grinding!!!!

BG 182 FF

I have finally read all of this thread m8y. I know this has been sed before but great project m8y. The amount of work that you have done is untrue :).

Day 161

Cleaned up the throttle body earlier, as I pained it earlier in the week so it didnt look stupid on the fresh inlet manifold...

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

Then started to clear coat the inlet manifold, but the paint on the lettering reacted with the clear coat :(

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

It looks kind of ok, but im not sure if im going to re-do it yet...will have to see...

Fitted the other bits to the engine ;) May aswell make use of the paint if I paid for it lol!

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

Im also going to pick an Aux belt up from Winston shortly ;)

More soon...

Track valver + Ibiza FR

The engine is looking ace mate, now get it in the car and all running. I can't wait for this to be done! Do you want me to come the factory sometime this week and give you that loom wrap because I want it out of my room lol.

ha! yeah can do if you want, il either be there or at home got quite a bit on the list for this week

Evo 6, E92 320d

Looks nice, crackle black on the lettering, what kind of paint on the plenum. Looking for ideas for my new ph1;)

Looks nice, crackle black on the lettering, what kind of paint on the plenum. Looking for ideas for my new ph1;)

The lot is Hammerite 'Hammered' Black...yellow is Acid Yellow renault color, just mixed paint....crackle happened when the hammerite got laquered :S

the engine looks great, that the paint u had left over from last year

acid yellow?

Acid yellow yeah, bought some more!

Track valver + Ibiza FR

The lot is Hammerite 'Hammered' Black...

Hammerite is really funny stuff, you can't paint over it for a few weeks after you applied it because it doesn't stick. You can after a few mins but anything after it's started to dry it just f**ks up. That might have something to do with why it has reacted. I thought you were going to use normal black paint lol.

320d

Good updates jord. The engine looks amazing, almost too good to put into the car and get dirty again.