ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

yeah id put a topic up on one of the forums askin if you can pin it at the front and use original catch cant see a problem with it really but thought id ask.

Any more pics of that subframe Jord?

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Cool.

Now it would appear i have a big dent in my new one! lol!

lol! where abouts? as long as its straight I dont think it would matter too much to be honest...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Yeah i've led it down and its all straight and true. Its just annoying though. I'll bash it straight before I paint it.

Thanks a lot mate. Thats ANOTHER beer I owe you.

Day 165

:approve:

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

Looks like Itl' be fun to fit!

Turnaround was 10 days ish from ordering, impressed with the service of Custom Cages to be honest, even include a CD with instructions for people dont know how it goes together :rasp:

IMG_1774.jpg

More later...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

not to bad then that with all the fittings? think mine is 35kg not sure tho them tubes look skinnyer than mine.

not sure yet, ideally going to get the holes in the bulkhead patched up this weekend, so I can paint the bay, and rebuild the front end and put engine in next week........once the holes are patched up the cage can be sorted....just gotta decide weather im going to paint it before it goes in, or not...

BMW M5 & E36

I tell you now that's going to be a right ball ache to get square and welded in!! Is the main hoop tube the same diameter as the rest or a bit thicker?

Going from how mines turned out, it'd be a very good idea to paint it before its in. Paint it, mask as much as poss off and then touch up whatever's required after welding.

And....be armed with a wet towel or something for the underseal, it's a little flammable! ha.

Then, after much heartache, it might look a little like mine! :D

IMG_1670.jpg

The main hoop is the same diamater as the rest, but it looks like a slightly thicker wall...

Im sure il have fun figuring out how it all goes together, lol

Day 165 - Continued...

Fitted the pins for the bonnet to the bodywork before, dropped the bonnet on and to my suprise they lined up, and it fitted fine :)

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

Shock horror, something acctually went right first time!

More later..

White Sti Hatch

car looks like its floating !

Least somethings gonig right this time round mate ! looking forward to seeing it running !!

Looking good dude! Can't wait to get on track with you tbh gonna need abit more power though to keep up with you... lol

320d

Thats a proper cage. This car is going to be another epic car Jord. Can't wait to see it complete.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

i had such a f**king nightmare time painting the cage in the car ill never do it again never. after a few days painting it looked fine altho wasnt perfect and obviously the paint doesnt go onto bits its not perfectly aimed at so bits didnt have much on them fair enought you had to look hard for them but thats not the point if you want my advise make the cage up out the car if you can then paint outside, i got overspray everywhere and there wasnt much that wasnt coverd up.

im hoping to paint the cage pieces, apart from the ends and where the joints will be, then touch up when its in the car.....mainly because the interior is bare and is being sprayed body color shortly, before the cage goes in

so fingers crossed should all go good and work out

Golf GTD Mk7

where did you get the powder coating done foxy? looks good and for a wicked price? Or is that mates rates?

minimum order 50 quid usually, i got a load of stuff done and went halves with someone....wouldnt bother with wheels tbh, ive got a feeling they would be a nightmare to balance from there as they proper load the coat on, not like proper wheel places....they wont repair either, just blast and coat....