ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

Ian

Focus TDCi
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

We tried to turn over the old Formula Student 600RR engine today for an Auto Design project, but nothing doing.. throttle and carb problems I think. Didn't think it was a good sign, but it would appear all is well with the Jord! Nice one pal. :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise

not long now till he's in the elusive mk1 with a 172 conversion that's actually on the road club :p

ValverInBits

bit tappy top end like, f**k knows what that is....

also got a fuel leak from the joint 172-to-valver line, meh...

runs though, only took 2 months

That's fine mate, just run it around for a while and the hydraulic rocker supports will fill up and it'll tap less. It's just that the head has been standing for so long.

BG 182 FF

well done m8y, been following ur thread for a while, glad the 172 lump is living :) great work m8y

That's fine mate, just run it around for a while and the hydraulic rocker supports will fill up and it'll tap less. It's just that the head has been standing for so long.

yeah, i thought that like on the williams etc, if it dosent cure itself after a bit of a run il take the cover off and put them in diesel....

now its running on the custom loom, well, only 3/4 wires properly connected, lol... got to get cracking to get the clocks working and then the rest of the car :approve:

TVR Cerbera

that's not tappy, come listen to my 422's, thats tappy! good work mate, pissed off now, gonna have to try hard to stay in front of you at marham now! lol

As said....got something working today, it is indeed OBD II and the RSTuner unit....

Ignore the dirty Mac screen, the heatshield rattle, and the absolute mess of wiring...lol

http://www.vimeo.com/3793068

All my wiring is now in the scuttle panel, and comes through above the pedal box...more on this soon, as its 99% mess at the moment!

IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

And the bay...

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

Still 1 million things to do, but got this working for Matteh today ;)

'92 172, Lotus Elise

ta ;) mines already wired up, but good to know it works!

vagcomobd.jpg

I was hoping for something on the rev counter lol :dapprove:

Last edited:

next few days....got to sort that mess of wiring yet and all the perm/igition lives, to give the clocks power to see if it works.....

got a problem with the rad not getting warm at all, either dodgy thermostat or air in the system? trying to figure it out before i dump the type d coolant in....

not vag (audi/volkswagen/etc), its just OBD2 that ive wired into the loom ive been making...plugged the RSTuner unit into it, and it worked :)